Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
XPS document writer confused after 11x17's by Mike Steed
I am generating maps with TopoUSA, running on Vista. After generating about two 11x17 landscape files, the XPS writer cannot get through another without failing, leaving a zero-length file. I can reset it by changing most printer settings -- use my real printer, letter size, portrait. Then I come back and it works again, briefly. Sure sounds like a Microsoft bug, though I suppose the HP...
May 8th 07 04:45 AM
by Mike Steed Go to last post
0 169
Legal paper size by Bret
In Vista "Windows Fax and Scan" I am unable to find a way of scanning legal sized documents (8.5"x14"). When initiating a scan there are a large number of paper sizes available, but nothing that is even close to the legal size. Does Anyone have an idea of how to update the paper sizes available or a way to work around the issue?
May 8th 07 03:18 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
2 176
Scanjet 7400C by Paul
Installed just-released HP driver for 7400C scanner Hardware configuration works fine on XP Initally tests OK under Camera and Scanner Imaging Control Panel When I try to scan using Windows Fax and Scan the I can select the scanner and options and when I press the scan button the scan initally starts then halts. After a while I get a message box "A problem prevented the document
May 7th 07 08:52 PM
by hitman05 Go to last post
5 223
No Fax with Vista by Larry
I run windows Vista Home Premium and can not find the "fax console", have they forgotten about it? I want to be able to send and recieve faxes like I could before I upgraded.
May 7th 07 08:13 PM
by kthielen Go to last post
4 200
2 Month old Hp9100 Laptop printer scanner problems by drker
I upgraded my wifes comp. to a HP laptop and it has Vista installed which I did install. The 'All-in-One 3180' printer scanner software doesn't work. I was in a chat with HP for about 1 1/2 Hrs. uninstalling and re-installing the program. Also reset Active-X which was set right to begin with. Al the time I spent on line with HP didn't solve the problem. Also I have been on line with Norton...
May 7th 07 06:27 PM
by drker Go to last post
2 191
XPS Print Server (when no Vista x64 printer driver is available) by DigmasterG
Hi, I have a Vista Ultimate 64-bit machine connected to my network. My LAN printer is an HP Color LaserJet 2600n. That LaserJet model uses host-based printing such that the exact printer driver is essential, and unfortunately, there's no Vista x64 support for that printer. What I would like to do is to use a print server running Windows XP that does have the correct LaserJet driver...
May 7th 07 06:08 PM
by DigmasterG Go to last post
0 167
HP Photsmart C6100 series & MS Off. & Image Writer by HB
-HP Photosmart C6150 All-in-One printer (we are wireless) -HP Pavilion dv6000 Laptop -Vista Premium 32-bit -IE7 In March my husband installed our printer getting a driver from the HP website because the driver that came with the printer didn't work with Vista. Everything was working fine. I was able to print from my laptom with no problems. A couple of days ago I tried to print and...
May 7th 07 05:15 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
6 235
Want your fax back Home Premium buyers? FaxTalk's got it by Cyn
I just found out about this on a CNet forum. Snappy Fax is cheaper, but some folks have had issues with it. So if you're willing to pay the price. go here and give this a trial run, all your Home Premium folks like me who lost faxing abilities when you upgraded from XP: http://www.faxtalk.com/products/ftfcp/index.htm I haven't downloaded yet, but I'm really hoping this is the one we've been...
May 7th 07 04:19 AM
by Cyn Go to last post
0 187
Receiving Faxes in Sleep Mode by Samuel
I am able to send and receive faxes using Windows Fax and Scan when my computer is running. However, my computer does not wake up from sleep mode to receive faxes. I believe Vista Ultimate is supposed to wake up on receiving a fax. Do I need to configure anything to receive Faxes in sleep mode?
May 6th 07 12:59 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
4 255
Printing Vista to XP and XP to Vista by dheller02
I can see both printers (HP deskjet 952 on XP and HP officejet 6100 on Vista) on network map. I can print from XP to Vista's 6100 but not from Vista to XP's 952. Try printing test page in properties from Vista. Works on 6100 but not to 952. Print test page in properties from XP. Works on both 952 and 6100. I'm just a novice and this don't make sense to my simple mind. Any help is...
May 6th 07 05:35 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 187
Print queue errors with HP LaserJet 6p by batesie11
When I try to print anything, I don't get any error messages, but in the print queue, all docs have the word "error" next to them, and they do not print. I have Vista Premium Home edition.
May 6th 07 05:35 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 183
Printing from Wireless tower with Xerox 4150 by Network Printing Novice needs help
When our computer goes to sleep... it cannot find the wireless internet connection. This started when we hooked our new XEROX 4150 and activated the scanning function which sends a pdf to your email account. It uses our internet provider servers and emails it back. We are hard wired from Xerox to tower then wireless. To enable this function we are using the networking share capability...
May 6th 07 05:33 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 176
View Ink Cartridge Level by Cedar Mom
Previously I had a Windows 2000 PC w/an HPF350 printer/scanner/copier...I was able to open the printer icon and view the printer ink levels and also when I installed a new ink cartridge, I had to aline the printer again. A software program always popped up on my monitor giving me this info. Now w/Vista I can't find any of that info. Where do I look. Otherwise printer works great w/Vista.
May 6th 07 05:31 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 163
Printer Doesn't Work with Vista and Excel 2003 by billbrandi
I have Windows Vista, Office 2003 and an HP 6200 All-in-One installed. When I try and print from Excel I get an error message that no printer is installed. when I go to the contgrol panel I see that the 6200 is installed and is working fine. Other applications outside of Office 2003 print fine with the 6200. Any ideas?
May 6th 07 05:27 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 163
trying to print by papatooney
I recently installed a lexmark z645 on a new computer equipped with Windowss Vista home basic, and have not been able to use the printer. When I click on the print icon in Microsoft works, the machine does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, and when I try top print a test page from the device manager, I get error code 0x0000000d. any suggestions?
May 4th 07 04:52 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 3
Printing to new HP LJP2015 by beano
It will stall when printing from MS Word. Check printerdriver, and it shows "spooling". When I turn off spooling, and change to print directly to printer, it will print from Word, but not envelopes. When printing envelopes it will stall. If I cancel the print job, it will say cancelling, but still show the job. If I try to print an envelope while its "cancelling", they print as soon as you...
May 4th 07 04:10 PM
by beano Go to last post
0 191
problem in faxing excel 2007 documents by QS15
My notebook is Dell XPS1210. OS is Window Vista Ultimate. I am using MS Office professional 2007. I have problem faxing my Excel document using the fax function in window. My one page document became 78 pages when the fax program is trying to send out the document. The fax modem was connected to the normal phone line. I saved the document in XPS file and fax out without problem. I don't have...
May 4th 07 02:20 AM
by QS15 Go to last post
0 148
How mutch longer must we wait? by Christopher Smith
HP and MS have left us swinging in the wind after Vista has swiftlyswollen their coffersm The saga of promised drivers and updatesfor legacy and new printers that have not come forth despite us spending money for these expencive pieces of balky hard ware are often now paper weight/s! Get withit HP and MS before you all will follow Carly Fiorina! Chris Smith Princes of Maine @wildmoo.net
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 07 08:19 PM
by Sunhome Go to last post
10 321
Windows Fax And Scan Command Line Options? by Chris
Hello, I am looking for an easy way to create a shortcut that starts Windows Fax And Scan and immediately enters the New Scan function. In many Windows applications there are command line options, so I am hopeful that there may be one that does what I need. Of course I am open to any other solution that may be available as well. Thanks,
May 3rd 07 04:40 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
1 189
Connecting to Network printers on Vista machine by Jack Taylor
I just purchased a new Vista Business machine and am unable to connect to our network printers. When I try to add a printer to this machine, I click on "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth Printer" in the "Printers" folder in CONTROL PANEL. The only thing I get after that is the message "Windows Explorer has stopped working, then the message "Windows Explorer is restarting." It then...
May 3rd 07 03:45 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post

From The