Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
HP Officejet 6210 by Sandy I
When i try to scan anything. I get this mesage on my printer. No scan options. You need to install or run device software feature. I recently changed to vista and still have the disc for my printer but cant install it. Can anyone help. Thanks Sandy i
May 3rd 07 12:24 PM
by Sandy I Go to last post
2 194
Distinctive Ring by Mitchell
Will the Fax able to accept Distinctive Ring?? Mitchell
May 3rd 07 03:47 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 182
Is there a way to use a printer on my network? by Famous Stars and Straps
Is there a way to use a printer that is connect to my desktop pc which is connected to my desktop windows xp pc and it is also shared to a windows xp pc right next to it.It is connected with wires to my desktop pc and I was wondering if there is a way to use the same printer on my windows vista laptop.I have a wireless network but the printer is not wireless. -- Famous stars and straps
May 3rd 07 03:46 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 197
Linksys Print Server by DWSNJ
Over in the Vista General Discussion, I have posted what I have learned about getting my Linksys Print Server (on my LAN) to work with my Vista desktop....need to have consistent Domain names and must configure a "persistent" use.
May 3rd 07 03:39 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 219
Printer Continues to Disappear after installation in Vista by ThatPCDude-NC
One of my customers has Vista Home Basic installed on his Sony laptop. He has an HP All-In-One. I downloaded and installed the Vista printer/scanner software and everything worked fine. He called me back later and everything was gone (the original problem). He told me that he routinely puts his computer in sleep mode. I went back to the man's house, completely uninstalled all the old...
May 2nd 07 01:37 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 234
Connecting tp printers on a print server by poof
I have a local network that has severial Intel NetPort Express 10/100 print servers connected to it. I have severial computers running Windos 98 and XP Pro, these computers are all able to talk to the printers connected to the servers. I recently added a computer running Vista to the network and am not able to connect to any of the printers on the servers. When you go the printer window...
May 2nd 07 01:28 PM
by jeff_p Go to last post
1 211
Cover page editor fields: any additional by edsager
Hello All, I am wondering if there are auto-entry fields possible in addition to the following: Recipient Name & Fax No. Sender Email, Office Telephone, Home Telephone, Office Location, Department, Title, Fax No., Name, Company, Address; and, Date/Time, No. of Pages, Note and Subject.
May 2nd 07 08:37 AM
by edsager Go to last post
2 203
scan and pdf by abcd
How do I scan a document in pdf. I can see only image options in Windows vista scan. DO I need to install a software I got with my HP printer. Is it compatible with Vista. I am using Officejet 5510. Thanks
May 1st 07 07:41 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 250
Need to print from laptop!!!! by Twofords
I have read several threads regarding this, but theyare WAY over my head. From the very very beginning can someone explain how I get my laptop running Vista to print to my desktop running XP. Do I need to install a driver in my laptop?? I tried to go to hp.com and do that but they want me to plug in a USB from my laptop to my printer, I don't want to use a USB to conect them...what am I...
May 1st 07 07:39 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 159
need to print from laptop by Twofords
I have read several threads regarding this, but theyare WAY over my head. From the very very beginning can someone explain how I get my laptop running Vista to print to my desktop running XP. Do I need to install a driver in my laptop?? I tried to go to hp.com and do that but they want me to plug in a USB from my laptop to my printer, I don't want to use a USB to conect them...what am I...
May 1st 07 07:28 PM
by Twofords Go to last post
5 188
Purchasing a Printer that operates on Vista by SJA
Our system currently runs on Windows XP but we are considering purchasing a printer that runs on Vista. Is the printer compatiable to our Windows XP operating system?
May 1st 07 05:35 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
8 344
printer offline by robeck
We are running a network using one of the computers as the server. Someone shut down the server computer and when we brought it back up the printer is offline and I can't get it back online. This happened once before and I had to add the printer again in order for it to work, which I don't want to have to continue to do. Can anyone tell me how to get the printer back online. We are...
May 1st 07 02:25 AM
by Jerry L Go to last post
1 172
I want to disable detect dial tone so I can fax using vist how do by Victor
Hi I'm Vic! Thank you for reading my file. I'm sorry to tell you about my difficulties while attempting to fax the maximum number of times because I do not know how to disable detect for dial tone before faxing. If you can help me disable the detect for dial tone before faxing i would really appreciate it. again thank you for your help Victor --
April 30th 07 09:54 AM
by Victor Go to last post
0 167
dialing code problem by winnie95
Anyone know or I can find the uk dialing code for my modem. At present in control panel - phone and modem options - dialling rules - standard location is 66661111. Could this be the reason I cannot get online using dialup whilst I can get online using usb speed touch?
April 29th 07 09:56 PM
by Mike Hall MVP Go to last post
1 183
Can't share my HP all in one printer with my new Vista machine by RJP
I have a K80xi all in one printer connected through USB to an XP host PC ("Host"). The Host is connect to a wireless network. I have multiple XP laptops successfully sharing that printer on the wireless network, but I distinctly recall having to load a separate driver (e.g., the driver for a Deskjet 970C), not the K80xi driver, on each laptop in order to use the shared printer. This is...
April 29th 07 05:53 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 176
Slow Print Request Response on Network - Vista to XP Help Please by Neil
Hi, I am printing on a small two-computer network -- from a Vista Home Premium Toshiba laptop to a Compaq laptop running XP. I have two HP printers connected to the Compaq. When I connect a printer directly to the Vista laptop, all printing functions respond normally. However, I when try to print through the network - from the Vista laptop via wireless or lan cable - the following occurs:
April 28th 07 05:12 AM
by Robin Go to last post
1 195
Printing q web page by Robert
Vista premium when I print a web page everything prints so small I cannot read it?
April 27th 07 11:13 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 216
Entering a mane and a phone number in the fax page by y4me
I try to enter a name and number on the to line but it wont work, the only way it works in i take the name from thr contacts list. Can anyone tel me how or what is the right sintax for that? thanks
April 27th 07 10:34 AM
by LoneWolf Go to last post
1 229
Printing Service Design by valentin tihomirov
The task is to print on a (geographically) remote server. This is a multiuser payable service with web interface. The conventioal printing settings dialog, which is shown when the document print is called, should be extended with the price depending on the number of pages and user selected duplexing-coloring, user credinentals and the controls to assign the place-time where (s)he wants the...
April 26th 07 09:55 PM
by Danny Sanders Go to last post
1 241
Hp 5650 Deskjet & Vista by TJGS
Vista loaded their 5600 series driver for my printer. If I select print preview, it doesn't print nor does the preview window come up. If I deselect print preview all is well. Just wondering if anybody else had this problem.
April 26th 07 05:56 PM
by TJGS Go to last post

From The