Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
problem selecting photo type paper by selecting photo paper
Everytime I try to select the type of photo paper I want, it automatically goes back to the plain paper option. Is there anyone that knows what can be wrong?
April 14th 07 02:12 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 292
Really disapointed with HP and impressed with Dell by Hugh G. Johnson
I'm really frustrated with HP. We bought this Officejet 7140xi because it's networkable and has a duplexer for double-sided printing. Per HP neither of these features are available in the basic print driver in Vista. Since Feb we've been told repeatedly "two weeks more" from their support team for a full feature driver. Today we're told NOPE, not going to happen. Thanks HP for keeping us...
April 13th 07 10:44 PM
by Hugh G. Johnson Go to last post
1 486
HP scanjet 4570C by Huib
Hi, Has anybody any experience installing it on Vista. I do not succeed on it. On first view the installation from the CDrom is succesfull. Trying to execute it, i got an error telling me that the relared maps do not exist? On top the DVD-drive is hanging and after deleting the program and restarting the drive is again visible?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 13th 07 09:17 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
11 629
Error Message on Opening Fax by GaryK51188
I can see the previews, but can't open the fax. "There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred." Brand new computer, new installation of Vista Ultimate. Please email
April 13th 07 09:15 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 254
Cannot print from IE7 by PA Bear
Forwarded to Vista.Print_Fax_Scan newsgroup via crosspost. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org Silviu wrote: Hello, I have a problem printing from IE7 (windows vista home premium). When I
April 13th 07 08:52 PM
by PA Bear Go to last post
2 268
Vista driver update "disappearing" on desktop by Paul C
After I downloaded a Vista driver update for a friends HP printer to their desktop, I ran the application and watched as it extracted the files. As soon as it reached 100%, rather than open up and begin running, it disappeared and unfornuately, I have no idea where it went and why it did that. I have never seen that before; is that something to do with Vista? Any help is appreciated. I tried...
April 13th 07 12:46 AM
by Paul C Go to last post
2 274
HP PSC 1513 all in one problem by Tom
I recently installed windows vista home premium 32 bit on my home pc. I connected my hp printer and it automatically downloaded the necessary drivers. The printing function works correctly but I cannot scan any documents. The hp solution centre that usually directs me when I scan is also no longer availible on my pc. I tried reinstalling the software using the disc that came with the printer...
April 12th 07 10:52 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
3 316
HP Laserjet 3052 is missing by Christian Møller Nielsen
Hello all. After installing VISTA Ultimate 64 BIT, I can't use my printer. It's a HP LaserJet 3052 connected by USB cable. (it's a multifunction unit with printer, scanner and fax all-in-one). When I plugged in the USB cable, Windows recognized the hardware and told me that the drivers was successfully installed, but when I go to control panel, I can't find the printer and I can't select the...
April 12th 07 05:30 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
6 358
Connect to networked printer from Vista Business by [email protected]
Hi all, I'm trying to deploy a Dell 3110cn network laser printer via group policy to a 32-bit Vista network (print server is Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2), and I cant get it to work! Has anyone managed this? I've obtained Vista drivers for the printer & added them to the svr 2003 print server by using printer properties-advanced-new driver. Every time I try to even connect manually to this...
April 12th 07 03:08 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 256
Dell Photo AIO Printer 942 "Communication not Available" by Weedy_Dude
Hi, I just downloaded & installed the new Vista 32 bit drivers for my Dell 942 All-In-one Photo. The software installed fine, I can control the printer from the Dell "All-In-One Center" (make it copy, scan etc..) but when I try to print a test page from control panel or any other application, I get the popup saying "Communication not Available". I have done: 1. Tried multiple USB cables...
April 12th 07 02:22 PM
by joeyfisher Go to last post
5 591
Vista supports Parallel Printing? by Shareese
Hello. Does Vista support Parallel Printing? Thanks
April 11th 07 06:01 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 253
Scanning with HP OfficeJet 7140xi All-in-One in Vista by Dan
I am using Vista Ultimate x64 and MS Office Enterprise 2007. I have an HP OfficeJet 7140xi All-in-One connected to the wireless network. HP claims that the drivers for this device are already installed in Vista. This is true for the printer but not for the scanner. I can scan via the HP JetDirect Print Server interface (http). The resulting file can only been saved as JPG or BMP. On the other...
April 11th 07 06:00 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 298
Printer not extablishing connection by Clay Beyer
Here is the issue. I just purchased a brand new HP dv6338se laptop. I also purchased a brand new Lexmark X8350 all-in-1. I connected the all-in-1 first to my already established desktop running XP pro. I connected the printer via USB cable. The printer prints a test page perfectly from the XP desktop. My laptop is connected to my home network via wireless. I have been attempting to connect to...
April 11th 07 05:58 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 271
Windows Vista Printer not showing up by Smoke20Fan
Error Code pX000006ba Local Print Spooler is not Running no printers anymore they dissapeared - -Kirk
April 11th 07 05:57 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 229
Vista: Can't print from Outlook if UAC is on by Bretton Wade
Vista Premium Home. I've run up against several programs that seem to be having substantial problems when UAC is enabled, outlook and IE. I can't print from either application, and IE won't actually open any URL in a new tab or new window. I have to cancel and refresh to make it work. Does anybody know what might be causing this?
April 11th 07 05:56 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 215
why does my computer print multiple copies? by Deke
Im using an epson pm4000px (Japanese version of the stylus photo2200 on a usb print server. when Itry to print photos, for some reason it likes to print the page 2 or 3 times. I checked the event viewer and came up with this "The print spooler failed to verify printer driver package EPSON PM-4000PX for environment Windows NT x86. Win32 system error code 2 (0x2). This can occur after an...
April 11th 07 11:39 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 286
sharing printers on XP & Vista by R Riley
I've tried some of the fixes on th boards but to no avail. I can see my XP computers and shared printers. I've made all files and printers shared. I can add the printer on my XP to the Vista but it won't print. When I try to add the printer on the Vista from the XP I get a credentials conflict. I have removed password requirements from the Vista but when I try to add the printer on the...
April 10th 07 08:34 PM
by R Riley Go to last post
2 276
Unable to delete a copy of a local printer by Lanceg1041
I mistakenly installed a second copy of a local printer and I can't delete it nor enter into the properties to see if I have permission?? Any help would be appreciated
April 10th 07 05:14 PM
by Lanceg1041 Go to last post
2 652
HP Deskjet 3420 & Vista (Home Premium) by ThomasPlaza
I believe my printer is not compatible with Vista. It's an HP 3420 that I purchased almost four years ago. I installed it on my computer with Vista, but when I ask it to print files it does not send them to the spool. When I try to print internet pages, a popup shows up on my computer that says: "A website wants to open this program using your computer..." The program is the spool directory....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 10th 07 03:51 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
10 489
printing a Message ( Memo style ) with attactment into a fax by RE66
When I try to printing a Message ( Memo style ) with attactment into a fax (printer driver ) from outlook 2007 (under vista ) it create few differant faxs but I want to send only one fax.
April 10th 07 11:36 AM
by RE66 Go to last post

From The