Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Prints only one copy when printing to shared printer on Vista by [email protected]
I have a problem where I can only print one copy to a printer that is shared through a Windows Vista Business machine. The machines are part of a domain network. One "client" trying to print to the Vista- attached printer is a Windows XP Pro SP2 client and one is a Windows Vista Business client. The Vista client that has the printer attached to it can print any number of copies, but both the...
April 9th 07 06:00 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 221
How to install a HP printerdriver when you can't find it?! by detekstschrijver.nl
I've found on the HP-site an exe-file for my all-in-one HP 5610 Officejet. I've downloaded it twice, but when I search my files, I can't find the file anywhere! I've even allowd to see all hidden files, but that didn't show the downloaded file. When I search, I also can't find it. Anyone?! -- Barbara Philipsen detekstschrijver.nl T +316-11320160 E I...
April 9th 07 11:59 AM
by detekstschrijver.nl Go to last post
4 341
Unhappy with Windows Vista by Vista woes
Recently procured a new home PC with Windows Vista, now nearly all my computer games, hardware have a known compatablity problem...everything from my printer to AutoCAD 2007 software is not able to be run. Suggest you offer customers a chance to go back to Windows XP ... I would if I could...Yes I am that unhappy with the Windows Vista operating system. ---------------- This post is a...
April 8th 07 12:33 PM
by RR Johnson Jr. Go to last post
4 273
Migration of fax files from Win XP - how? by Jerry
Under XP, there were two folders under the FAX folder (Inbox and Sent Items) holding received and sent faxes. I recreated the same and copied the contents, but only received faxes are now visible in the fax application. Besides, the sender in all the faxes appears as "Microsoft fax and scan team". How can I get my faxes to show correctly?
April 7th 07 10:12 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 252
Lexmark X7170 (7100 Series) by Ms. G
Does anyone know if there is a way to use a printer whose manufacturer hasn't released a Vista compatible driver for yet? There is the program compatibility for games and such and I was just curious if there is a similar feature for hardware. Lexmark anticipates releasing the Vista driver sometime this month, but in the meantime I would certainly like to be able to print from the printer I...
April 7th 07 08:59 PM
by Dena Go to last post
2 226
HP Duplexor on myHP PhotosmartD7360! by Christopher Smith
I added an HP duplxeor to my printer which I was touted to work on my new printer? The item was recieved and installed but will not duplex/ ? Is there a solution to this problem other than banging heads at HP? my operating system is Vista Ultimate/ I sure could use some help and suggestions/ All help is welcome/ Many thanks for your consideration
April 7th 07 05:00 PM
by helpherb Go to last post
1 218
Trying to fax using 2003 server from vista machine by uwe
I see the server fax as a printer in Vista machine but it insists on setting up an account. When it asks to type a server location the following appears. The mentioned fax server is not available. please correct.... I have been using the server fax service from XP for a long time, what seems to be the problem? I've tried the name as '\\lynserver\fax' and '\\fax' and 'fax', nothing seems to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 07 10:48 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
14 464
HP1200 Weirdness by SteveC
Since installing Vista (clean install), the included HP1200 driver (with parallel port) will not print but one copy. If I choose 2 or more, I just get one copy. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and the included Vista driver is the only driver available. HP website tells me that. I guess I could try installing the XP printer driver again. Any suggestions? Another weird thing that used to...
April 6th 07 06:13 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 294
printing problems by cj1
hi when i go to print a document it won't let me print it says spooler subsystem app stopped working. how can i get it working again i really need to print up some things thanks cotrice
April 6th 07 06:03 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 258
Printing problems with Canon i560 by aew
I'm having problems printing with my canon i560 using windows vista. It as working just fine but suddenly it refuses to print. I get a msg saying that the ink cartridge is "almost full" and to hit the resume button for every document. It's a pia to have to get up and to hit the resume button. The printer has plenty of ink and paper, is not a new printer to the computer. All the obvious...
April 6th 07 06:02 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 246
Installing Cannon pixma mp130 to vista by Sue A
Having difficulty installing my printer. Have been to the Cannon website, but got very confused as to what to install - software, driver - have my own cd from the printer, do I still need to use that as well. sorry, but I really not a computer person. As you can see!
April 6th 07 05:53 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 260
printer driver deletion in vista by TheOne
In XP, I could delete a printer driver in "Printer Fax - Server Setting - Driver Tab". In Vista, I see the identical driver tab in serversetting, and there are all my drivers listed shown. But when I click on a driver I want to delete, the remove button doesn't activate. Only (E) button is active. I tried from a normal user and admin user (which I first created when vista first installed).
April 6th 07 05:37 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 234
HP Officejet 6110 - Has anyone got an officejet to print with Vista yet? by aceT
I did as skypilott2 suggested. I unplugged the usb cable from the computer, loaded the HP 6110 cd and uninstalled the hp 6110 from the computer. When I restarted the computer, it said my drivers were installed and ready. I opened a file and it printed perfectly!!! I had all but given up on getting my printer to print until I found this forum. THANK YOU !!! -- aceT
April 6th 07 05:31 PM
by aceT Go to last post
0 318
Works won't print in Vista by Gene85
I am having problems with Works printing in Vista Premium. I have Vista on two seperate computers. One has Works 7 the other Works 8. When I try to print on either machine I get an OUT OF MEMORY message. The Printers are both HP printers and have the latest updated drivers for Vista. If I take the document to a third machine with XP on it, everything works fine!!! Works prints fine on...
April 6th 07 11:20 AM
by Gene85 Go to last post
0 306
Printing unwanted cover page by printing unwanted cover pages
Each time a send a document to the printer, a "cover page" listing the filename, directory, template, title...is printed and then the document prints. If multiple copies are to be printed, each copy has a "cover page" that is printed before the copy is printed. Printing 10 single page documents takes 20 pieces of paper. How do I turn this option off, so that just the document prints?
April 6th 07 01:52 AM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
5 351
Good news-Lexmark printers by Warren
After chatting with Lexmark, about printer drivers (I have a 3350) here's the link http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/sequentialem/home/0,6959,204816596_924205346_920387567_en,00.html
April 6th 07 01:00 AM
by BonnieH Go to last post
5 452
How to add LPR port in Vista? by PA Bear
Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan newsgroup via crosspost. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User) Eric wrote: Anybody knows how to add a LPR port(not MS TCP/IP port) on a Vista machine?
April 5th 07 06:06 PM
by Marie Go to last post
4 686
My HP PSC 2110 has no scanning feature in Vista-driver by Bjørn Larsen
.... or is it just Me?? Please help /Bjørn
April 5th 07 06:01 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
3 325
HP drivers by swiftflo
Anyone in the know when we might be getting drivers for the hp photosmart 7900 series of printers. It's been published as middle of march, end of march, but still we have not got the drivers. I realize we can use the alternative ones, but these do not give full functionality.
April 5th 07 03:07 PM
by swiftflo Go to last post
3 319
Can't print from IE7 by mikem
When I ask IE7 to print or print preview a page I get the message: "Cannot find 'file:///D:Temp/Low/3III8J41.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet Address is correct." (file name varies) When I close the popup dialog, I get a second instance of IE with a blank page. It also appears that IE creates the 'Low' folder in the temp folder, but leaves it empty.
April 5th 07 01:26 AM
by mikem Go to last post

From The