Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Printing on HP Network Printer by Tigga76
I've read all of the online resources for vista and printing over a network but none of it has worked for me. I have a Gateway convertible notebook series CTX210 with built in WiFi and 2GB of ram. The network I am conecting to has 3 computers and 2 (HP 4200 & 1500) printers. I have windows Vista home premium installed. Can anyone help me. I can access the internet but it won't even let me...
April 1st 07 10:45 PM
by Birk Binnard Go to last post
3 270
Lexmark Network Printer Offline by jl
Similar to questions asked before but more specific. I'm running a Lexmard Optra T610n through a Linksys wired router. 2 nights ago when trying to print tax returns, all shut down. The printer can be found but shows as offline. I've just spent the better part of 5-plus hours dumping all the Lexmark software from my Windows 2000 machine and dumping the printer icons et al and then reinstalling...
March 31st 07 10:02 PM
by jl Go to last post
0 236
printing too many copies by khakismum
I'm having trouble with Vista printing too many copies of anything I send to the printer - especially if I want more than 1 copy. I have a brand new laptop that came with Vista (gag) I didn't really have a choice. I run Firefox, Thunderbird and Open Office. When I send things to my HP1220 the first page only gets the first inch printed, then page two - x prints okay, then it starts over and...
March 31st 07 07:20 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
3 273
vista gateway laptop printring by Fran
I bought a usb to 9 pin and a 9 pin to 25 pin printer female, and I do not know how send my printer jobs to my hp laser jet 6p. My lap has no printer port 25 pin, that is the reason I bought adapters from usb to 25 pins
March 30th 07 11:03 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 289
Vista home premium? FAX capable or not? by David C L Vessels
Please excuse my ignorance, This is my first pc, It is a HP M7780n media center with Microsoft vista home premium software, there is a fax modem program is the files, but I see nothing in the home premium about fax operation, My printer is a Canon Mp600 all in one with scanner, copier, printer,no fax in the printer. Do I need a fax program, and will the scanner on the canon be able to send...
March 30th 07 07:38 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
8 343
Number of copies using Word 2007 by JVoz
I have connect a network printer hp 4000 by making a local port (\\computer\sharename. The printer is working fine except that ignores the number of copies field in Print dialog box and prints only one copy. Another network printer hp 3800 which was connected with the usual method without making local port is working fine and make the copies correct. Is there any explanation-solution for this...
March 30th 07 04:50 PM
by JVoz Go to last post
2 298
LeMark X85 by Rose
I just purchased a new computer with the vista operating system and I can't seem to download any drivers for my printer. Am I going to have to purchase a new printer with this program or is there another driver I can use?
March 30th 07 02:45 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 310
Lexmark 1150 gets "Handle is invalid" error... by evolutionxbox
When I try to print to my Lexmark 1150 (a blank text page from textpad), I get a "Handle is invalid" error. What am I doing wrong?
March 30th 07 01:36 PM
by evolutionxbox Go to last post
0 291
Print Shop won't print using laser printer by deejay47
I have Print Shop premier edition 5.0 and a hp laserjet 1000 printer, which I have used with my old hp computer and windows XP. Now that I have a new computer with Windows Vista, I cannot print to the laser printer from the print shop program, although I can print from other programs, and also I can print to an hp photosmart c3180. There must be some unique incompatibility problem between...
March 30th 07 06:46 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 304
Adding a Network Printer by Dave Cal
Apparently I have the same problem as a few others here. That is accessing the printer on my XP m/c from my Vista Laptop. Laptop sees it ok, but when i try to connect or add it. I get the message, Windows can't connect to printer, access is denied. I have checked and double checked all the firewall and sharing. It can't be too much of a problem as I can see all the network Icons on the other...
March 30th 07 05:42 AM
by drsherlock Go to last post
6 278
Forum search not working by helpherb
Can you fix the search feature for this forum? It does not work at all. For example, if I enter "Lexmark" it returns no hits, even though the first post in the list in currently "Lexmark Series 910" dated 03/28/2007. Search works OK in the other forums I have tried. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
March 30th 07 05:16 AM
by helpherb Go to last post
2 440
Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files by Mills Architect
I am using Vista x86 RC1 build 5600. Have used Win XP since it came out. I make frequent use of the fax facility in both OS's. I have many historical SEND and RECEIVE files from XP and getting a few in Vista. Due to my monkeying with the Vista installation (hardware and software installs and uninstalls), I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vista x86 RC1 several times. I am noticing that I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 29th 07 10:11 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
17 815
How to share printers (and files) in Vista by Birk Binnard
This KB article explains it all. I used the steps in the Printer Sharing section to successfully share my LaserJet 2500 with my old XP system. Here's the article URL: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx -- Birk Binnard http://www.birkbinnard.com
March 29th 07 09:44 PM
by Chandrasekhar Go to last post
1 321
Hp deskjet f340 all in one preinter scanner copier by cdcampbell
i am having trouble getting my printer to connect with windows vista does anyone know how i can get this done with out having to buy a new printer?
March 29th 07 09:18 PM
by Chandrasekhar Go to last post
2 323
How to get HP Printers working on Vista by Birk Binnard
The following steps are what I discovered over about a 4 day period. My system is Vista Home Premium and I have a LaserJet 2500 color printer. I was previously running XP Home SP2 and I figured it would be easy to move the LJ2500 over to my new Vista machine and still use the XP system as a backup. Needless to say moving the printer was the hardest part of migrating from XP to Vista. I'll...
March 29th 07 04:18 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
3 279
Printing to HP Officejet D155 by gingerman59
For this printer the driver is meant to be built in to Vista but when I tried printing via usb port the job seemed to be submitted but nothing was actually printed. The HP web site was useless, saying the driver is available in Vista... Then I mistakenly removed the driver using Vista print management in an attempt to correct the problem but that made things worse as I now have completely...
March 29th 07 01:04 PM
by gingerman59 Go to last post
2 248
Add a button that will allow you to rotate a fax you are veiwing by William
I often receive faxes that were sent upside down. In the old XP you could click a rotate button and turn it right side up. You can not do this in the fax console that came with Vista Ultimate. Please add this capability. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the...
March 29th 07 12:16 PM
by William Go to last post
0 207
fax preview by William
On the new Windows Fax and Scan Console with VIsta Ultimate, after you create a new fax and preview it, how do you go back and edit some more if you do not like what you previewed?
March 29th 07 12:12 PM
by William Go to last post
0 228
Lexmark X7350 will not work on wireless network by [email protected]
I have a new Lexmark AIO 7350. It installed OK to my PC with Vista using USB cable. My laptop with XP works OK using my Linksys router and adapter card. I can connect to the internet on the laptop OK. BUT I can't seem to make it recognize and share the printer on the laptop. Any suggestions to make this work would be greatly appreciated. EW
March 28th 07 10:48 PM
by Aspire5610z Go to last post
1 235
Cannot print online visita by Bigfeller
Cannot get printer to print online Hp printer using vista
March 28th 07 10:28 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post

From The