Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Printer Sharing and Preferences by Matt Davis
I have searched high and low on how to get Vista to share a printer with XP machines and not disable Printer Preferences on the vista machine. I found a support article on the Vista web page that said Vista requires you to have authorizzation, but they do not offer how to get it or HOW IT IS DONE IN XP. Infact every where I look addresses how to in VISTA and completely ignores the idea the...
March 25th 07 10:21 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 266
Access Denied error message by NetTech
I have a Konica 1350W connected by USB to a XP Home machine. I have shared out the printer and also a couple of folders. This is connected through a wireless network. On my Vista laptop I can connect to and roam through the XP machine. But when I try to connect to the printer to add it to the laptop, I receive an error message that "Access is Denied". Okay, what am I doing wrong? If...
March 25th 07 10:19 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 261
Cannot share printer between Vista and XP by Birk Binnard
My new Vista Home Premium system has a Canon i9900 color inkjet connected to it via USB. (I switched it from my old XP system.) I have marked the printer as Sharable in Vista. But my XP system is unable to connect to it. The XP Add Printer dialog shows my XP machine but it will not show any printers. So I can;t select the Vista shared printer on my XP system. Apparently this is a...
March 25th 07 10:17 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 298
802.11g Wireless Networked HP Photosmart C7180 Issues by Gene
I upgraded to Microsoft Vista (Ultimate if it matters) Tuesday night. When I attempted to install the HP Vista driver for this all-in-one device, the install program appears to run correctly, files are showing as being extracted via the animation, and after about 20 seconds or so I get a window indicating that four device options have been installed and are ready to go. But no printer or...
March 25th 07 08:19 AM
by newlifer Go to last post
7 671
HP Officejet 7310 software by tkyle
I bought a new HP officejet 7310. It would not allow me to install the software that came with the printer. I am stuck with an all-in-one machine that will basically only print. I can scan but it will only import as a ..tff. Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 24th 07 01:32 PM
by Dennis Brothers Go to last post
12 401
Printing from XP to a shared printer on Vista Ultimate 64 bit by BenzSL600
I have a HP LJ1220 attached to a machine running Vista Ultimate 64 Bit edition. I have shared the printer, but cannot seem to install additional drivers to support the 32 bit XP machine. I have downloaded the latest XP drivers from HP, PCL 5e, PCL 6 and PS, but the vista machine refuses to accept them.
March 24th 07 01:01 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 227
Add network printer problem by Ernst - EXE Graphics
When clicking on add network printer the program crashes immediately and returns the following error: Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Explorer.EXE Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Application Timestamp: 4549b091 Fault Module Name: StackHash_9da6 Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
March 23rd 07 04:26 PM
by Dan Janni Go to last post
1 224
IE7 in Vista blocks printing by PA Bear
Forwarded to Vista Print_Fax_Scan newsgroup via crosspost. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User) AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org casimpson wrote: I also have this problem using the drivers for my OfficeJet 7410 that are built into Vista. I am an administrator and I am still not able to print to
March 23rd 07 03:47 PM
by MikeEgan Go to last post
1 216
photosmart 2610v by Coco
I bought that printer 1 year ago at hp. Now I have a brand new computer, a new program and nothing in my office is working as it should. I can not scan pdf not e-mail scans, not print labels correctly.... very very frustrating. I would not complain if I had an Epson printer but I really expect hp working with hp. When can I expect my printer to work with this new program?
March 23rd 07 03:14 AM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
5 269
Samsung ML-2010 by Ham_Radio_Operator
Hello everyone. Version of Windows - Vista RC1 Version 5600 I installed my printer that I purchased today. When Windows Add Hardware completes the installation, it tells me that I have blocked Windows NT 4.0 drivers. How can I unblock the NT 4.0 drivers? Thanks in advance -- Yours truly,
March 22nd 07 07:34 PM
by ShaZ Go to last post
5 405
How to share printers between Vista and XP by Tek_Freek
I have three PC's. XP Home, XP Pro, and Vista Ultimate. XP Home has an HP 952c connected via USB XP Pro has an HP d145 connected via USB Vista needs to share both XP Home/952c has a different login than XP Pro or Vista XP Pro and Vista have the same login I can share the printer on the XP Pro with Vista
March 22nd 07 07:12 PM
by Tek_Freek Go to last post
0 258
Printing problems via router Asus WL-500gPremium by Leonid
I have printer Epson CX3700 connecting to router (ip 192.168.1.1). I've change OS from XP to Vista 32bit Business. Now I can not print anithing. If I install the port settings as ROW protocol (port 9100), printer starts with printing normally, but it could not finish (as cycle job). If I install the port setting as LPR protocol - nothing happend.
March 22nd 07 07:06 PM
by Leonid Go to last post
4 310
HP Deskjet 5440 not responding by MaifithDesign
we can print a PDF, print to a file, print to a Quicken PDF, but we cant print to our HP Deskjet 5440 from Windows Vista Business. We have XP Pro SP2 as well, which prints fine. I have been trying for a week and dont want to have to buy a non-HP printer because the quality is great, but i am running out of options, any ideas?
March 22nd 07 06:31 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
6 271
Print spooler service not running by Chuck McCall
I have windows vista installed on my laptop and XP on my desk top. These computers are networked. I can see the printer in the Network folder. the problem i'm having is when ever i try to print from my laptop i get the message that the print spooler service is turned off. When i check in services it shows that it is running. Does anybody know how i can fix this problem. Thanks
March 22nd 07 02:33 PM
by Steve Go to last post
2 246
Printer's status cannot be changed from offline by Atlanta Dojo
I recently purchased a new laptop with Windows Vista Premium. I have repeatedly tried to install my old Lexmark printer, and the installation has been successful. However, I cannot print any documents because the status is always "offline" and resists any attempt I've made to change it to ready. The documents I send to the printer line up in the queue but nothing ever comes out. Only one...
March 22nd 07 03:08 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 267
"HP Universal Printing" driver crashes explorer by Ron Lowe
Hi, all. I'm trying to install the recently-released HP Universal Print driver for some Laserjet 4050n network printers, on Vista Ultimate ( 32 bit ). I'm currently using the in-box drivers that shipped with Vista succesfully, printing via a "Standard TCP/IP port". I was waiting for a more full-featured driver from HP, and it seems to be released, but I can't make it work.
March 22nd 07 02:50 AM
by Mike O Go to last post
6 318
Epson RX580 and Vista by Slombardy
Microsoft indicates that the RX580 is certified for Vista, however the drivers, supplied by Epson will not install. Neither the printer nor the scanner show up in device manager, but the printer works. Why won't the scanner work? Slombardy
March 22nd 07 02:32 AM
by Art Go to last post
9 287
Wishblade and Vista by Thelma
I've contacted manufacturer (Xyron) and they say Microsoft hasn't furnished them information needed to update driver. Is this possible or are they just pulling the wool over my eyes?
March 21st 07 06:41 PM
by Thelma Go to last post
1 282
Brother MFC-9700 by Alan Morris [MSFT]
Is the print device attached to a print server device? Launch printmanagement.mcs, Add Printer, Scan the network Is the print device attached to Vista x64 and you want to share this device with other systems? Enable File and Print sharing in the Network Center, configure the password requirements and network topology for your network, enable Sharing in printer properties if you did not...
March 21st 07 03:12 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
0 292
Printers issue with images (2) by Simone Chemelli
Hi, I try to repost: I found a stupid but quite annoying bug in Windows Vista print pictures dialog ( the one opened for example from Windows Photo Gallery ). I received a TIFF image that is a portrait A4 format .When I open it it shows correctly but when I print it get printed in landscape and stretched. No way to force it print in portrait other than using the two photo per page
March 21st 07 02:34 PM
by Rligouri Go to last post

From The