Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Cannot add printer if creating local port by Anuj
Hi, I am not able to add a printer on a local port. Actually if I am trying to create a local port and giving the name as LPT4, an error message is popping up on the screen saying 'LPT4 is not a valid port number'. Actually I am having two PCI based parallel port cards and Windows has assigned them LPT2, LPT3, LPT4 and LPT5. LPT1 is assigned to Standard on-board Port.
April 19th 07 04:46 AM
by Anuj Go to last post
2 317
Cannot add printer on Vista by lensv
We have a W2K3 Printer server on which some HP 4000n are installed. These work alright from our XP machines but from my Vista client I get the following message when I try to add them to the system: Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000006). What might be wrong?
October 24th 07 07:58 AM
by lensv Go to last post
2 362
cannot add the shared printer by krista
Hi, I have 7 computers in the company. All computers are runing XP. I shared 1 printer in computer A and shared to the network. I can add this printer in other 4 computers except 2(B and C). I usually will go to add printer wizard. I only enter the \\computer_name\, it will search for me. However, it didnt do it in computer B and C. Computer B i can find computer A but cannot find that printer...
March 8th 08 04:48 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 216
Cannot cancel printer document by Paddy
I sent a document to the printer. For some reason, it isn't printing. So, I've deleted the document from the Printer window. Or, rather, I've attempted to. * Right-click; Cancel * Printer - Cancel All Documents * Control Panel - Printers - Run as administrator - Cancel All Documents * Reboot the computer
June 23rd 08 05:04 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 450
Cannot change preferences on networked printer by Ed Isenberg
I have a Windows XP desktop computer that has a printer on it (a Samsung CLP-510) attached and open to use by others on the WiFi network. When my laptop was using XP I could change the printer properties to print color vs. black&white, or normal vs. duplex. Now that my laptop is running Vista, changes to printer properties are no longer saved. Specifically, I open the printer on my laptop,...
June 9th 07 03:21 PM
by Ed Isenberg Go to last post
6 188
Cannot Connect to a Printer on my Home Network by [email protected]
I have a Desktop PC (#1) running WindowsXP SP2. I have a Lexmark 7100 all in one printer attached to it USB. I have another Desktop PC (#2) running Vista Home Edtion and when I try to connect to the Printer on PC #1 I get this error "Windows cannot connect to the printer Operation could not be completed (error 0x0000046a)" I can connect to PC#1 no problem and even see the printer, but when I...
February 25th 08 09:13 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 217
Cannot connect to network printer, error 0x000006d1 (was OK with W by riccume
Just moved from the old trusted Windows 2000 T20 Thinkpad laptop to the new Vista T61 laptop. I have a private wireless network, with a NAS (Buffalo LinkStation) on it and a printer connected to the NAS via USB. I am trying to connect to the printer but I keep receiving the error "0x000006d1". Details: on my new laptop I can see the Buffalo LinkStation connected to my network (though...
March 11th 08 03:28 PM
by riccume Go to last post
5 333
Cannot Connect to printer by Scott Townsend
When I try to Connect to a Shared Printer I get the Message: Windows Cannot connect to the printer. Operation Could not be Completed (error 0x000003eb) OS: WinVista x86 Business Ed User: Domain Admin User Account Printer: HP 4250 Print Server: Win2003, with x86 and x64 4250 PCL 6 Drivers. The Printer with several others is Pushed down to the Client via GPO.
April 22nd 08 10:40 AM
by Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT] Go to last post
4 344
Cannot connect to printer error 0x0000007e by ZACommando
When I attempt to add a printer from our campus ADS network with my Vista Ultimate x64 machine, I get the following error: Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed. (error 0x0000007e). This happens regardless of the printer I try to connect to (different makes and models). It also happens regardless of the machine the printer is connected to.
September 4th 08 05:48 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
4 557
Cannot connect to printers in Vista by wynn
Hi, I have a client that has a laptop with Vista Home Premium that owns two stores and even though I have repeatedly setup her printers on her laptop for both stores, when she leaves and comes back, she cannot print anymore. Multiple times I have un-installed/installed the printer drivers, connected directly to the network printer itself and through the print server on SBS 2003, but her...
May 28th 09 02:25 PM
by wynn Go to last post
2 214
Cannot connect to shared Printer by Berny
Shared printer is hosted on a Windows XP Home-based computer all the computers running Xp on the network work fine. My new Vista-based notebook will not allow me to use the printer. When I try to connect everything goes fine until the actual connect I get an error box that says "access denied" That's it!!!!!! No other details!!!!!!! no option to try and begin troubleshooting!!!!
November 26th 07 06:27 PM
by Arjen Meijer Go to last post
1 310
Cannot connect to XP printers by Bill
I have a friend with a two computer home network. The desktop PC runs XP Home SP2 and the laptop runs Vista Home. The XP system has two printer attached and both are shared. The XP system shares two folders and the Vista system can access the shared folders. When I try to add the shared printers on the Vista system the printers are listed in the Windows Printer Installation dialog. However, when...
June 16th 08 09:33 PM
by Bill Go to last post
4 391
Cannot connect Vista Fax and Scan to SBS Shared Fax by Bernhard Wolf
I bought 5 Vista business they do not connect to my SBS shared fax, i have read previously about the problem. Has anybody been able to fix it yet. My XP machines work perfectly.
June 12th 07 10:54 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
5 149
Cannot connect Vista Fax and Scan to SBS Shared Fax by ASTENG88
I just recently purchased 2 HP computers for work and they both have Vista Business installed. The server we have is SBS 2003 RC1 and it has a shared fax which all of our XP Pro machines connect through without a problem. I cannot connect Vista Fax and Scan to the shared fax to send faxes but the XP machines work just fine. Any Ideas would be appreciated. -- _________ Andrew
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 27th 07 12:27 AM
by Guillermo Go to last post
22 596
Cannot Create Fax Account by Domini
Hia All. I am unable to find anything resembling a Fax Account setup on my Windows Vista Home Premium machine. I have search the Web extensively to try and resolve this issue, but have had no luck. Everybody says you need to go to "Scan and Fax", under All Programs. My problem is that I have no such menu option anywhere.
September 12th 08 12:00 PM
by Russ Go to last post
7 552
Cannot delete printer by Rob A.
This is an minor problem but a major annoyance for me. I am trying to delete one of the installed printers that shows up in control panel- printers. If i right click -run as administrator- delete, I am asked if I really want to delete and after I click yes, nothing happens. If I open the printer, after the printer name, it says, "access denied, unable to connect." If I just hover...
March 1st 08 12:01 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
5 1,011
Cannot detect scanner by DebbieC
I am having a similar with my HP Laserjet 3015 - I am trying to use READ IRIS software with no success and the software company is telling me it is a Vista problem with not having the correct scanner driver however I do have the correct printer driver...??? Has anyone else had this problem???
June 23rd 07 02:26 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 202
Cannot detect scanner in Fax & Scan by Rutetuti
Hi, Fax works fine with no problems but if I try to scan via Fax & Scan then I get a "no scanners were detected..." message and there does not seem to be any option to set a default scanner. I have a Canon USB scanner with the latest Vista drivers and Vista Business. The only other imaging device I have is a Logitech webcam and both are correctly identified in device manager. Any...
June 7th 07 11:03 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
6 246
Cannot fax from Vista on a Small Business Server fax by Roland
We are currently upgrading to Vista (final release). Our SBS 2003 has a Fax server installed. The fax server is published in the directory. Somehow, Vista does not recognize this fax server. As soon as we try to connect to the SBS fax server, Vista starts some new "Windows Fax and Scan". However, we are not able to connect to SBS fax from this "Windows Fax and Scan". Any idea, how to send...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 5th 07 07:03 AM
by Renu Bhattar \(MSFT\) Go to last post
21 1,097
Cannot get HP PSC 500 to work with Vista by jdavlaw[_2_]
HELP....HELP....HELP......i put a pci card into my brand new gateway, to accept the 25 pin parallel cable,,,still cannot get Hp psc 500 to work,,,,,anybody?,,, -- jdavlaw
January 18th 08 07:54 PM
by jdavlaw[_2_] Go to last post

From The