Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
printing mirror image on shared workgroup printer by ComputerCyborg
A wordpad doc has been made and sent to a shared workgroup printer hosted on an XP home PC. Mirror image is printed. Tried going in to the printer properties and check the box for mirror image and it still prints the same way. Mirror image is printed. I have sent the doc via email to the host machine for the printer and it prints normally. The printer is an HP 3740 deskjet. Is there a setting...
November 3rd 06 07:19 PM
by ComputerCyborg Go to last post
0 601
Old printer drivers by Tadej
I have Epson Stylus 1000. I get drivers with all Windows except Vista. It's quite old printer so I didn't find any drivers on Epson web page. How can I print?
November 2nd 06 04:36 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 624
HP Photosmart 7960 by Jeff Thomas
Has anyone successfully gotten the HP Photosmart 7960 working in Vista. I used the XP drivers that came with the printer and when I go to print something it prints only text. I.E. If I go to print out a PDF file that contains text and images, it will only print the text. Is there a driver out there that is compatible with Vista? Thanks, Jeff
November 1st 06 03:12 PM
by swiftflo Go to last post
5 646
Printer Installation Hang by Josh
I'm tring to connect to printers that are on a Windows 2003 Server. They are Dell 1710 and 1815n printers. I have even went to makeing sure to load the drivers on the vista machine by going to file and server properties. The drivers are installed localy on the vista machine. When I try to connect to them I see them fine through the network I see them fine. I then click connect and it ask me...
October 31st 06 06:05 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 703
Lexmark Z13? by ian
Does vista support the Z13? I have RC1
October 31st 06 05:45 PM
by Mark Cameron Go to last post
1 623
How do I convince HP Printer Software that IE7 is higher than IE5 by Lee Steele
I have RC2 Build 5744 installed on a Dell Inspiring E1705 Laptop and it runs great. I bought a HP DeskJet 460 Mobile printer. I can get the print driver installed and it will print, however, when I try to install the software (toolbox etc), I get the message "Setup Error - Internet Explorer 5.0 or later Required". In order to use We-If or Bluetooth on the printer, I must install the...
October 30th 06 08:22 PM
by Lee Steele Go to last post
7 665
HP Printer by Sandy Macdonald
I have an HP LaserJet 1320, but can't get it to print with Vista RC1. Anyone know of a solution?
October 30th 06 02:38 PM
by Sandy Macdonald Go to last post
8 612
USB Printing by TechCpt1
Hello, I'm currently having an issue with our clients not being able to install printers or print through usb. We purchased HP4250 Laser Jet printers, and we gave the clients rights to add and configure printers. Our clients are assigned CF73 & CF74 Panasonic toughbooks. They do not have admin rights. We are a Sheriffs Office agency with about 700 clients. USB / DOT4 has not helped us at...
October 30th 06 12:26 AM
by Robert Judge Go to last post
3 593
Problems with the HP 5700 series printer. by Theo
Hi all, I have a HP Deskjet 5774 printer, connected to a workstation on USB and shared on the network. When connecting the printer to my Vista RC1 Ultimate workstation, installing goes well. But when i try to make a testprint the printer prints mirrored. Allso the prints from Word 2007 Beta are mirrored on the paper. Trying to print from other workstations (XP) works fine. Does anybody have...
October 29th 06 07:13 PM
by Theo Go to last post
1 629
Can't install printer driver by Corey
I have a home network laser printer I'll linking with my notebook computer w/ Windows Vista RC1 installed. When trying to connect to the main computer where my laser printer is connected to...I get an error message which states that "Winodws cannot connect to the printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operation. Plese close some programs and try again." Also I notice that...
October 29th 06 05:14 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
4 649
Lexmark Drivers, what a let down!!! by Mark Cameron
You would think common sense for lexmark would be for them to release their vista drivers now and give them a bit of a test before Vista is officially released to consumers. That way they dont end up with a lot of very annoyed Lexmark customers who buy different brands because of it (thats bound to cost them money). From the sounds of it Canon seem to be the only one whos printers are...
October 29th 06 01:04 PM
by lvlman.1998 Go to last post
3 660
Accessing installed printers takes several minutes on one user acc by B.K
I have Vista RC1. On one of my user accounts, accessing the printer list either by opening the Printers window or by attempting to print anything takes 1-2 minutes to complete, but sometimes as much as 15 minutes. On other user accounts, the list appears quickly as expected. What could be interfering to cause these delays?
October 29th 06 03:28 AM
by B.K Go to last post
0 604
Vista RC1 and Bonjour by Dennis
I have a wireless HP Color Laserjet 2600n hooked up. On windows XP, I used bonjour to print to it. All the computers in my house print to it fine. When I loaded RC1 on one of my computers, I re-installed Bonjour. It installs just fine. I go into Bonjour and add the printer. It finds the wireless printer just fine. When I go to print to the printer, the print spooler terminates. I've...
October 29th 06 02:27 AM
by Dennis Go to last post
0 558
ML-2010 Drivers for Vista RC2 32 bit by mjhockey
I cannot find these drivers anywhere but have read places that it is supported by Vista but have not been able to set it up, any ideas?
October 28th 06 11:28 PM
by mjhockey Go to last post
2 654
Can not print to a printer connected to printserver by King Cole
I can not print to my HP 1012 Laserjet printer connected to a Hawkins printserver. I create a new port using the server IP address but the test page or document is not reaching the printer. I am configuring using the exact same settings that I am using on an XP machine that has been working for years. I am using MS Onecare. Could its firewall be blocking the output? Any help is appreciated....
October 28th 06 09:12 PM
by Z.K. Go to last post
2 549
problem uninstalling print server software by Z.K.
I have two printer hooked up to a Hawking HWPS12UG print server. I tried installing the software for it, but could never get it to work properly. Finally, after a day of trying I decided to just install them as a network printer and this work. The hawking print server software installs ports corresponding to the LPT1,USB1,USB2 ports on the server. My problem is even though I am not...
October 28th 06 09:06 PM
by Z.K. Go to last post
0 510
Importing Fax Files from XP Backups by Mills Architect
I have used the fax function in Windows XP for years. I routinely backup the sent and received files. I would like to import these backed up files into Vista Fax but cannot figure out where they should be copied. It appears it should be c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WindowsNT\MSFax\Inbox or SentItems. I have copied my old file to these folders, but they are not visible in Vista Fax. What am I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 26th 06 08:25 AM
by MalcMacQ Go to last post
12 943
Dataproducts LZR1580 by Mark Hartt-Palmer
I know the above printer is old, but I've used its A3 facility a lot in the past. This printer has XP and XP64 drivers listed, but Dataproducts does not even appear as a manufacturer on the Vista Add Printer list. Does anyone know what emulation this printer is, and know of a suitable driver I can use to get it working? Many thanks!
October 25th 06 05:30 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 576
Anyone had luck with Lexmark X1150 ? by jancawa55
no, the Lex 1150 failed to work for me, either direct or on home network, so I bought the HPF335 which worked fine. "Peter" wrote: The question says it all. It seems that some makes work with the XP drivers and others don't. In the case of this one it installs without any problem but can't communicate. I tried disabling UAP .. no luck.
October 25th 06 02:44 PM
by jancawa55 Go to last post
0 545
installing a network scanner device (HP officejet 7410) in rc2 574 by km
Hi! been looking around but did not trace a solution... Installed the a.m. device smoothly as a network printer, going through the 'add new printer routine', hence vista recognized the device properly. now as the device has also scanning capabilities I certainly would like to be able to use it as such, however the scanner installation routine seems to be somewhat different, at least there...
October 24th 06 10:57 AM
by km Go to last post

From The