Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Lexmark Printer / Error problem communicating with printer by David Bolsega
I have a Lexmark Printer E3300 series. I am having difficultly getting the computer to communicate with the printer. What suggestions are out there to assit? Thank you,
October 23rd 06 07:07 PM
by David Bolsega Go to last post
0 1,199
Lexmark Question by Will
Does anyone know if the lexmark SE 3455 is supported in vista build 5744 ?
October 23rd 06 05:38 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 547
Anyone have a HP spc2110xi working in Vista??? by skon
I've tried everything. I installed the latest XP drivers from HP for the psc 2110xi and it does not work. Tried 8 or 10 'simular' drivers in Vista's list of HP drivers with no success. I am running: Vista RC1 Build 5600 32-bit On a: Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz, 2GB RAM, Seagate 200GB HD (C:) IDE, Western Digital 160GB HD (E:) IDE, Memorex 8x DVDR etc. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
October 23rd 06 04:15 AM
by skon Go to last post
0 471
XP can't find printer on Vista by Jeff
I've searched but have not found a solution. I have Vista x86 installed on a desktop with a printer (Samsung ML-1210) attached and working. I am trying to configure my wife's laptop running XP Home, but when I try adding the printer from the Vista machine XP doesn't recognize ANY printer on Vista. Any ideas?
October 22nd 06 06:17 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
7 603
Print Server issues in MS Vista by qtasi
I am unable to connect to a Linksys 3 port print server using MS Vista RC1. I have Windows XP home, Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000 Pro on other machines that have no problem. I installed the print server driver and the administration program on the machine with MS Vista. Linksys Print Server shows up as a port but I am not allowed to configure the port. If I try to add a new Print Server...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 22nd 06 05:45 PM
by qtasi Go to last post
10 921
RC2 cannot locate a network printer by Al
1. I am running as the local admin on a 32 bit RC2 box. (I can't get profiles to roam properly so I'm running on local accounts:-(((( 2. I am connected to the network and to the domain which is hosted by a pair of Enterprise 2003 servers. 3. Add printer hangs / errors out Explorer when I try to find a network printer. Suggestions please.
October 22nd 06 02:45 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
1 565
MS printer team. Please read this by Jerry P
I am getting close. I am trying to use a Canon MP500 printer/scanner. Using the software that came with the unit. On XP and all the beta releases of Vista I had no problems. Until RC-1. Using RC-1, I get a error the scanner drivers are not installed. Just by accident I found in Vista a program called Windows Photo gallery. This program has a import from camera/scanner so I tried it, and the...
October 21st 06 11:51 PM
by Jerry P Go to last post
6 622
Will Lexmark X73 work with Vista RC 1? by astro999
Trying to hook up my Lexmark X73 with the computer that has Windows Vista RC 1.Dell 3.2ghz, I got it to scan but it doesnt communicate with the printer.Thats what it says all the time.Problem comminicating with printer.Going to start over uninstall and re-install it,maybe it'll work. My other computer with the Brother MFC-3240c works fine. -- Thank you astro999
October 21st 06 03:39 PM
by astro999 Go to last post
0 838
Error adding oemui sample printer in Vista RC1 by Michael Harvey
Hi, I am getting the following error report when adding the OEM UI Customization Sample (Unidrv) printer. I compiled OEMUI.dll using WDK RC1 with Vista x86 free build enviroment, and left all the files where they are in the sample directories, trying to install from the oemui.inf file. I am logged in as an administrator so I expect an unsigned driver should not be a problem for me, yet it...
October 20th 06 11:01 PM
by Michael Harvey Go to last post
2 753
What happen then Peter M. by Jerry P
The 1st and 2nd beta release of VISTA, I HAD NO PROBLEMS with the MP500.
October 20th 06 01:16 AM
by Jerry P Go to last post
0 611
Lexmark Z 707 problem by Will Schuitman
I have installed the software for my lexmark Z707 photo printer this was done in compatibility mode for Win XP sp2 The installation went very well with no errors and the software works just fine However I have no communications through the usb port why is this ?? FYI the printer is connected directly to the PC not through a hub Does anybody else have this problem
October 19th 06 09:28 PM
by Lloyd Go to last post
1 619
Lexmark Z515 by Sir Myles
I have the above printer and am trying to use it on RC1. It uses the Lexmark 510 driver to run. I initially had problems installing the driver, but finally was able to do so. When I plug in the printer via the USB cable, Windows recongnizes it. The printer shows up in the Printer section of control panel as well. However, when I try to print a test page, I get a communication error saying...
October 19th 06 09:25 PM
by Lloyd Go to last post
1 666
Can Not Add Network Printer by Edward
When I try to add a network printer from another Vista (build 5744) computer, I come across two errors. The first and foremost popular error is "Windows cannot to the printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operation. Please close some programs and try again." This should not be a problem because both systems that I have tried to do this on have a gig of memory. This error...
October 19th 06 04:38 AM
by Edward Go to last post
3 703
Can't add network printers by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista P,F,&S) "BarryL" wrote in message ... Thank You, Thank You. I have worked with this problem for a week or at least 20 hours and your post got my network printer going. Why Microsoft did not address this problem is a mystery to me because I have seen this problem in several...
October 19th 06 04:13 AM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post
0 636
HP LaserJet 1010 don't work in Vista since Beta2 - Advanced 1384 Printing Support drivers for XP don't work by Alexey
HP LaserJet 1010 don't work in Vista since Beta2 (32-64 bit) - Advanced 1384 Printing Support drivers for XP don't work. Is there somebody with this printer made it work under Vista? Also Cano Scan Lide 25 don't work in Vista 64bit because of lack of drivers. Is there any compatible drivers from different devices, that work with this scanner?
October 19th 06 12:05 AM
by NewsHound Go to last post
2 602
drivers for an HP Scanjet 2200c scanner by Necromonger
Anyone have any idea how to get this working? DO I just have to wait for HP to release vista drivers? Any chance I could trick it into using the XP drivers for the scanner??
October 18th 06 06:08 PM
by Robert Go to last post
2 589
Help needed: Vista and HP psc 2110xi all-in-one by skon
I've tried everything. I installed the latest XP drivers from HP for the psc 2110xi and it does not work. Tried 8 or 10 'simular' drivers in Vista's list of HP drivers with no success. I am running: Vista RC1 Build 5600 32-bit On a: Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz, 2GB RAM, Seagate 200GB HD (C:) IDE, Western Digital 160GB HD (E:) IDE, Memorex 8x DVDR etc. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I...
October 18th 06 11:08 AM
by skon Go to last post
0 538
Canoscan D1230u and Nikon Coolscan V ED drivers for 64bit RC2 by jacko
Anyone know if there are betas available or drivers on the way for these 2 popular scanners? Well they'd be popular with me.
October 17th 06 03:28 AM
by jacko Go to last post
0 998
Vista RC2 resets local printer ports on XP computers? by Quaoar
Vista RC2, apparently on its own volition, reset the local TCP/IP printer ports used for many months on three XP computers connected to my network to the local TCP/IP port definition it needed for printer connectivity. The 'new' Vista-generated port appears to be incompatible with XP, so printing failed until I reset the local port to the originals on these three XP computers. So, does...
October 16th 06 10:49 PM
by Quaoar Go to last post
0 674
Installing a Network Printer with PrintUI.dll by Cam
Hi, I'm currently playing around with printer connections in Vista Ultimate RC2. I'd like to use the rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /ga /q /n\\PrintServer\PrintShare command to install a network printer for all users on the Workstation. This works beautifully in Windows XP :-) When I type rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /? in Vista all the options I use have the same documentation as...
October 16th 06 09:48 PM
by Cam Go to last post

From The