Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Automatic fax account creation for WinVista WFS to use Win Server2003 Fax Server? by RJT[_2_]
Client Workstations: WinVista Fax Server: Win Server 2003 R1 For each user of each workstation, an admin user has to approve the fax account creation process in order for it to be fully completed. Totally stupid. There must be a better way. Is there some way (GPO, FusionInventory, wpkg, opsi, unattended.sf.net) to push out WFS settings to all users for all machines joined to the domain? ...
June 4th 10 06:59 PM
by RJT[_2_] Go to last post
0 1,022
in VISTA/WIN7, which process deletes printer and printer driver? by TheOne
In XP, explorer.exe is deleting printer and printer driver. However in VISTA/WIN7 explorer.exe seems not deleting printer or printer driver. Which process deletes printer and printer driver, when user deletes printer from printer and fax panel? DeviceDisplayObjectProvider.exe doesn't either delete printers. Am I right? Is PrintIsolationHost.exe deleting? Thanks in advance.
June 5th 10 10:00 AM
by RJT[_2_] Go to last post
1 2,415
Fax Timeouts problem by frogliver
I have Vista Home Premium on my laptop and installed Classic Phone Tools, the free one. It dials the destination number, sometimes connects, sometimes not, but seems to get as far as the beeps although I am not sure which end is beeping. The receiving end gets a ring I am told, but no fax. Each time , even when it connects and looks like it is going to work, it ends up with a "Timeout". I...
September 11th 10 02:30 PM
by frogliver Go to last post
0 1,028
Spooler not working correctly by Portland Pete
A few days ago, my Brother 2070 laser printer would not print. Documents sent to the printer showed up in the Printer app as "Document sent to printer --deleting", but the printer would not fire. Thinking that the printer was not working, I bought a new Brother 2240, which after installation exhibited the same behavior. The printer app and printer properties seemed to be working OK in that it...
October 15th 10 06:26 PM
by Portland Pete Go to last post
0 1,072
What does autochk.exe do? by TheOne
One of my application calls EnumPrinter API. It hangs on a PC and exact hanging point is that EnumPrinter call. Namely, EnumPrinter called and it doesn't return. I checked the call stack of the thread when it hanged and found a call via autochk.exe!0xXX. Call stack looked something like : - - - - ntkrnlpa.exe!Something+0xXX ..
February 17th 11 04:40 AM
by TheOne Go to last post
2 1,192
Should I upgrade to Service pack 2? by David De
I have a computer that is internet free (that I bought from a friend) - I don't use it for the internet at all, just graphic programs. I am using Windows Vista 64 bit edition and I was thinking about upgrading. Is it worth it? Is it a hassle?
April 1st 11 03:10 PM
by David De Go to last post
0 1,033
Where is printer spool data going and why? by developer28
Hi, I am debugging an issue for my product and it is important to me where the printer spool data is going. All my machines are Windows 7. When i give a print for a particular printer from one Windows 7 machine, the spool data goes to C:\windows\system32\spool\printers. On another Windows 7 machine the spool data goes to c:\windows
May 16th 11 09:19 AM
by developer28 Go to last post
0 1,086
Printing from IE8 by Greg Taylor
on a vista 64bit system suddenly when I try to print anything from IE8 it prints the page with HTML code. prints from Outlook Express, or text files with no problems. The "other" browser works fine. TIA Gt
June 27th 11 09:42 PM
by Greg Taylor Go to last post
0 1,071
Fax with cover page or inline data by JohnA
Hi, if I send something to the fax printer that consists of only an attachment, it works fine. If I go into the fax console, start a fax, and add an attachment, it works fine. However, if I try and add a cover page or add text in the box at the bottom, I get errors such as "The data is Invalid" (text at the bottom) and "A StartDocPrinter call was not issued" (cover page). Anyone have any...
July 11th 11 12:29 PM
by JohnA Go to last post
0 1,125
Faxing from outlook 2007 by JimmyHoffa
I've just upgraded from Vista home to business edition hoping that my software application will be able to send faxes via MAPI. It wasnt. So I looked into the Outlook 2007 settings and it doesnt appear to have any linkage with windows fax & scan at all anymore ? Can anyone tell me how to activate OL so I can Fax from outlook using the email to approach ? Is there a Com add-in which first...
July 15th 11 07:41 AM
by JohnA Go to last post
7 1,714
Panasonic Quiet KX-P2123 24-pin Dot Matrix Form Printer by aelover77
I _FOR_SURE_ ordered this printer and from what I am understanding the driver is built in my windows Vista system. Does this mean when it gets here I should just be able to plug it in and it will be picked up or??? I also run a HP Photosmart C6280 on my main desktop computer....can both printers be hooked up or could I hook up the dot matrix to my lap top ( which also has vista ) -- aelover77
October 26th 13 08:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
8 1,284
Help to delete a document in print queue by Mario
Hi, I have a HP psc 2200 all in one printer and have tried to delete a document in the print queue and will not delete and will not allow me to print anything until this has been deleted? I have tried to delete printer but will not delete? I am running Vista home premium Any ideas would be great
January 22nd 14 09:47 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 1,768
Cartridge Error by [email protected]
my Lexmark X 5650 has given me an error of Cartridge Error and will not print Please reply with solution. BK
April 10th 14 10:58 PM
by Tony Go to last post
1 1,631
Printer Error by Harsimrat
Hi Friends, I am trying to install an application on vista 64 bit OS. Every time an error pops up and the application printer is not installed. Below is the error message:- "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000704). The specified port is unknown." I have tried to google the error but all in vain.
March 5th 16 11:02 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 3,856
Windows Fax and Scan: Preview or scan images as separate files by Ilene M
hello- I am trying to find out how to enable "Preview or scan images as separate files" for a new or existing scan profile. It is currently greyed out and reguardless of the options I choose, I cannot make that box available to check. Goal: scan several documents so that each document is scanned in as an individual pdf file. OS: Windows Vista Business edition Scanner: HP Officejet 6310...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 12th 16 10:57 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
13 8,775
windows cannot connect to printer. There is not enough memory to complete this operat by oscar615[_2_]
I had a perfectly working network. Then I reloaded windows vista and now I cannot print to a printer hooked to an xp machine. Print sharing and all is on. In fact nothing changed with network. Just the vista machine. They have the same workgroup names. I can see the printer and have tried both letting vista install the driver into itself and manually installing the driver into vista. This is...
February 19th 21 05:15 AM
by Sinh Nguyá»…n Go to last post
4 1,707

From The