Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista 64-Bit, HP 820CSE and Linksys PPSX1 Print Server Problem by [email protected]
I have an ancient HP 820CSE attached to an equally ancient Linksys PPSX1 version 1 on my home network. The printer and printer server work fine from my other computers running XP on the network, but when I try to print from Vista, the printer starts feeding the paper, hangs, and then eventually shuts down. It does not print, and I do not get a print error. I have the printer set up on the network...
March 4th 07 09:38 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 233
Dell 1500 Printer Driver by ZeldaK
Dell says the printer driver for the 1500 is on Windows Vista, but Vista says "unknown devise". I can not get Vista to recognize my printer. How do I get the printer driver?
June 23rd 08 05:21 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
2 366
Can't install any printer, used to work by zephiris
Hi, I'm using vista ultimate x64, and no matter what printer i try to add, whether it be local port or network, or different brands of printers, none work and all come up with the 0x000005b3 error: this operation cannot be completed. I started having this problem after I had a power outage, but since then i have done sfc and chkdsk and fixed everything, except for this one problem. I really...
August 25th 08 04:52 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 361
No Wireless connection in "Scanners and Cameras" by Zeus[_2_]
I have a Lexmark X6570 All in One. I use the wireless capability, however when I go to Scanners and Cameras it is not being recognized as Microsoft has set this up to use only physical attachments to their LPT and Com Ports. Does anyone know of a work around for this and since I am still using WinXP did Microsoft correct this in Vista?? Since my Scanner/Printer is in another room I am...
February 3rd 08 04:14 AM
by Chris Cowles Go to last post
3 336
Scanners and Cameras by Zeus[_2_]
Please create a build for your Control Panel "Scanners and Cameras" whereby a Wireless Scanner can be found instead of what you have now, which is the physical attachment of a LPT or Com Port attachment, USB... -- Deja vue.... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...
January 23rd 08 01:05 AM
by Zeus[_2_] Go to last post
0 213
printing PDF file by zister
Somehow I cannot print PDF files. I only get some linings, not the characters. Maybe this is related to a wrong default: when I open an email attachment, it opens with scrapbook and I don't know how to change this. There is no option of 'open with' when I right click. Anyway, I have opened on a site a PDF file and it looks okay, but the printing is wrong like I said. Any suggestions? Thanks.
May 13th 07 08:24 PM
by zister Go to last post
0 284
Access is Denied when setting up local printer port by [email protected]
Hi, I have 2 vista laptops that are connected over the LAN. One of the vista laptop (laptop A) is connected to a Epson LQ 300 dotmatrix printer locally on the usb port. From the other vista laptop (laptop B) I can browse and print to this network printer through printer sharing. However I have a need to add a local port to laptop B to access this printer as we need to configure the printer name...
February 11th 09 12:27 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 252
Scanner problems by Zygy
My HP Scanjet 5530 worked perfectly on the first three pages of a four page document, i.e. it produced the pages in Word in all colors and with exact detail, so that I could Save As in the appropriate Folder, which contains many files of similar documents. On page four the Scanner ceased to produce the documents in color and some of the data was garbled. I then used the Picture instead of the...
March 25th 08 08:21 AM
by Zygy Go to last post
0 246
Installation Error. by Zygy
Whilst installing a new Scanner halfway through the installation I had the following Notice: - "Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This error occurs if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance." How do I correct this error? I completed the installation, but the scanner does not work!
April 26th 08 10:21 AM
by Zygy Go to last post
0 216
Printout by Zygy
Is there a way I could print the page of My Documents? I need a list of all the Folders, but since there are so many it would save time writing them out.
November 8th 07 02:47 PM
by Dave Go to last post
1 265
Installation Problems by Zygy
I used the HP Scanjet 5530 for some years.Then after some Microsoft Automatic Updates for OS Vista Business (I cannot be certain that it was so) it started misbehaving. I purchased a new HP Scanjet G3010, but I am having problems installing it. Has anyone experienced such problems and if so how did you overcome it?
April 17th 08 06:47 PM
by William Anderson Go to last post
1 229
Print directory by zzsharpei
How can you print the directory using vista
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 21st 09 02:14 AM
by RoadRunner@Not_Here.com Go to last post
10 571
windows fax and scan by 周瑜
I upgrade my XP PRO to VISTA, and I can's use "windows fax and scan" on vista now. It appears that "Windows fax and scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder.Please ensure that windows fax and scan can access that folder". Because I had changed my documents folder's position to "D:\", I guess it was reason. I try to give my account the max permission of my documents folder,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 08 09:42 AM
by gocat2005 Go to last post
13 321
³Ì·s¤â¾÷¶}*ܯS»ù, ¥itrade-in¤â¾÷ by ¦¿°¶±j
¦¿¥ý¥Í 24230092
August 15th 09 02:51 AM
by ¦¿°¶±j Go to last post
0 300
Can't faxing more than one page with Windows Fax And Scan by רועי
When faxing more than one page, the first page sent OK but the second page get "stuck". I hear the fax sound keep going and it won't finish sending until I press "Disconnect". The second page failed to be sent. It happens every time I send more then one page. If I send one page it's fine. I tried other fax software like MightyFax and it was successful every time. The problem is in Windows Fax...
November 25th 07 02:49 PM
by Chris Cowles Go to last post
2 435
PRINT IN IEXPLORER by שלמה
I HAVE INSTALL VISTA ENTERPRISE IN ENGLISH I ADD HEBREW MUI ADN WORK WITH HEBREW INTREFACE WHEN I TRY TO PRINT FROM IEXPLORER: in "file" "show before print" and then press the pprinter icon = "ALT+p" the iexplorer is crushing and restart. WHEN I change to english interface the print is ok. can somone fix the problem?
August 28th 07 10:00 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post

From The