Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
XP Fax Console in Vista Home by Theo[_3_]
I have XP installed on my old laptop. Its used for sending or receiving Faxes. My desktop uses Vista 64 Home premium. It's quad-core with 6gb ram. Is there anyway I can get the XP Fax Console to work with Vista Home Premium?
April 8th 10 07:51 PM
by Russ Valentine[_2_] Go to last post
2 723
XP print jobs on vista sit in spooler by Matt
I have an HP 1020 laserjet shared out on a vista ultimate system. I can see the printer from an XP system (in the same workgroup), connect to it, print to it, but the job never prints. It sits in the spooler. If I cycle the spooler service, it prints when the service restarts. I can print local jobs fine from the vista system (TSed into it), just not jobs from the XP system. I've made sure...
January 28th 08 02:01 PM
by sabbycat7 Go to last post
6 248
XP Printer, Access Denied on Vista by To Old To . . .
When I go to install a network printer on a Vista machine, it gives me access denied. The printer is on an XPP. In entworking, I can see the other computers. I can click on the other computers and see the printer. When I try to connect, it gives me an access denied. Any thoughts?
May 17th 07 05:41 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
9 210
XP Vista & Office Cheap! by Mamiko
XP Home US$19, Pro US$29 Vista US$29 Up MS Office US$49 Up
January 7th 09 10:44 AM
by Mamiko Go to last post
0 254
XPS document writer confusion by Magsmom
I have a headache from reading all the knowledge articles etc. which tells all the things that it can do, but what I need to know is what it can do for ME. I don't know if I should even be concerned with it. I am not using Microsoft Office. I am just a home user for my own personal needs. I will be using Microsoft Works or Open Office for any document composition. Is this just extra...
July 19th 09 09:32 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
1 336
XPS document writer confused after 11x17's by Mike Steed
I am generating maps with TopoUSA, running on Vista. After generating about two 11x17 landscape files, the XPS writer cannot get through another without failing, leaving a zero-length file. I can reset it by changing most printer settings -- use my real printer, letter size, portrait. Then I come back and it works again, briefly. Sure sounds like a Microsoft bug, though I suppose the HP...
May 8th 07 04:45 AM
by Mike Steed Go to last post
0 169
XPS Editing and Tablet PCs by Rebecca
Greetings. I am using a Table PC, and Windows Vista and Office 2007. I am using xps regularly to print various articles from the Internet, and I was wondering if there is software available (not expensive) that will permit me to edit the saved xps files. It would be nice to use the Tablet PC to annotate the xps files (red underlining, yellow highlighting, etc.), but so far I have not been...
May 12th 08 03:36 AM
by Rebecca Go to last post
2 297
XPS Print Server (when no Vista x64 printer driver is available) by DigmasterG
Hi, I have a Vista Ultimate 64-bit machine connected to my network. My LAN printer is an HP Color LaserJet 2600n. That LaserJet model uses host-based printing such that the exact printer driver is essential, and unfortunately, there's no Vista x64 support for that printer. What I would like to do is to use a print server running Windows XP that does have the correct LaserJet driver...
May 7th 07 06:08 PM
by DigmasterG Go to last post
0 167
xps printing by mj
Hello. I installed xps essentials. I can create xps documents and view them but I can't print them once they are opened in either the viewer or IE. I get a long message about checking my installation and "permissions". any ideas? mj
December 15th 07 06:25 PM
by mj Go to last post
0 267
XPS PRinting and Commenting Similar to PDF Abilities by Mills Architect
Have just read an article PC World that discusses XPS capabilities. Of interesting the abilities to add comments to a documents. I have Acrobat Pro v8 and mainly use it for report generation, combining 'print copies' from various sources into one complete document (i.e. photo pages with comments (Photoshop Elements v5), report body (Word 2007), financial analysis and charts (Excel 2007),...
April 24th 07 05:26 AM
by Mills Architect Go to last post
0 231
xps viewer by Huffy
running vista homw premium i can print to ms xps when i double click or try to open the document i get a quick blink and nothing happens - isn't ie supposed to open and display the document ?
July 25th 07 04:14 PM
by Huffy Go to last post
0 298
XPS Viewer not working` by cpawiz
I am using Windows RC2 that has IE 7 built in. I cannot get the XPS viewer to work. When I print a document to the XPS document writer, it seems to save the document correctly. But I am unable to view the documents. When I click on the document, I get an error message that says XPS viewer stopped working. I tried opening the XPS viewer directly but it would not open. I am thinking I...
November 27th 06 07:08 AM
by gxdata Go to last post
1 608
Yet another printer problem by fastillion
Hi y'all, first time poster. Been working on this problem for weeks now, kind of sick of not being able to print stuff. I have a custom built rig that I'll post the major specs for below. I have a brand new (well, 3 week old but still new) Epson stylus NX415. Of course, it doesn't work with my computer. I haven't hooked it up to my windows 7 machine, because that one already has 3 printers...
April 28th 10 07:46 PM
by Americano Go to last post
2 1,200
Yet another printer problem by fastillion
Hi y'all, first time poster. Been working on this problem for weeks now, kind of sick of not being able to print stuff. I have a custom built rig that I'll post the major specs for below. I have a brand new (well, 3 week old but still new) Epson stylus NX415. Of course, it doesn't work with my computer. I haven't hooked it up to my windows 7 machine, because that one already has 3 printers...
April 28th 10 06:47 PM
by fastillion Go to last post
0 446
you have to create a fax-account by Rudolf Meier
Hi I have Windows Vista x64 installed and I'm faxing over a Windows 2003 Server. Everything works. I can send and receive faxes. But, every time I am starting a new fax-job (on the client), I get the message, that I first have to create a fax-account and I should open the help file to find out how to do this... how can I get this error away? ... I mean, I have such an account and it...
April 6th 08 11:00 AM
by Rudolf Meier Go to last post
2 175
³Ì·s¤â¾÷¶}*ܯS»ù, ¥itrade-in¤â¾÷ by ¦¿°¶±j
¦¿¥ý¥Í 24230092
August 15th 09 02:51 AM
by ¦¿°¶±j Go to last post

From The