Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files by Mills Architect
I am using Vista x86 RC1 build 5600. Have used Win XP since it came out. I make frequent use of the fax facility in both OS's. I have many historical SEND and RECEIVE files from XP and getting a few in Vista. Due to my monkeying with the Vista installation (hardware and software installs and uninstalls), I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vista x86 RC1 several times. I am noticing that I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 29th 07 10:11 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
17 815
Cannot install Brother DCP-130C by katkatkat
I am using Vista Home Premium on a Dell dimension E521. I have spent over 2 hours on the phone to Brother tech support and they cannot find a reason for my problems as this printer should be vista compatible. When I try and install it I get to a screen that asks me to insert the USB cable. I do this but then it progresses no further. The printer and cable both work as I tested them on an...
July 24th 07 05:52 PM
by katkatkat Go to last post
5 173
Cannot install Canon ip4200 by cagiestlunatic
For love nor money can I install a Canon ip4200 on a Vista Home system. Worked fine under XP, I have installed the latest Canon Vista driver (v2.00, b6C03MUx.exe) then when prompted connected the printer and switched on, I got an error saying the USB device could not be installed/not recognised. I have removed the USB ports from Device Manager which were recreated on reboot - this didn't...
November 12th 08 06:31 AM
by vista user Go to last post
5 455
Cannot install drivers for my printer by sue
Hi I seem to be having problems installing the drivers for my printer. I have manage to do it for my lap top which is running windows vista basic, but can not do it for my PC that is running windows vista home premium, it as an error that says cannot detect printer port. Dell have checked the USB ports and they work when anything else is connected. can anyone help. thanks. --
January 23rd 08 06:09 PM
by Kevin Go to last post
1 212
Cannot install HP 3325 Printer model by Rocky
Hi All, I have been trying to install the HP 3325 DeskJet Printer from past 3 weeks. However, all the efforts have gone in vain. I tried searching for the right Driver, but this model is quite old, so default drivers are available in the Printer manufacturer list. Unfortunately, I tried for installing the default HP printer drivers in my pre-installed Windows Vista laptop, but I could not...
November 26th 07 07:39 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 358
Cannot install HP 450 mobile printer by Newbie cMw
I bought a used HP 450 mobile printer, because the ms site said it would work with vista. When I do add printer, it doses not show the printer I need, only a brother printer? When I go to the HP site, it says the driver comes with vista, but I cannot find it? Can anyone help me find the driver in vista, or know of a workaround.
July 26th 07 04:39 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
9 339
Cannot install HP D4360 printer on Toshiba OEM Vista Home by [email protected]
I have been searching the web/groups for an answer to this problem and have not yet found a solution that works. I have a new HP D4360 printer I am trying to install on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with their OEM version of Vista Home pre-installed. I install the HP driver (latest version from web) and it proceeds until it asks that I connect the printer to the USB port. I connect the printer...
September 2nd 08 08:42 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 367
cannot install Lexmark 3500 - 4500 series printer on Vista Ultimate by robin29
Hello Everyone, Has anyone successfully installed Lexmark X 4500 printer on 32bit Vista Ulimate ?? I have been at it for a few days also with tech support and so far no luck. I had downloaded the vista driver software from the Lexmark web site *cjb3500-4500en.exe* - it installs the software but cant find the vista
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 1st 09 10:13 PM
by fellsider Go to last post
11 1,510
cannot install Lexmark X5150 driver by terracomputerata
I have tried 5 times. The installation never ends and it gives no error message. It justs unzips in the folder c:/drivers starts installation and then nothing. Any ideas? The printer does not appear in printers of course.
September 10th 07 12:44 PM
by terracomputerata Go to last post
0 126
Cannot open Fax Settings to configure Fax Device by Jan-André Tiedemann
Hi, i have following Problem. After i started Windows Fax and Scan under my Vista Ultimate x64 Version i wanted to configure my FAX Modem. But the Problem is that when i click Tools---Fax Settings... or Tools---Fax Accounts... nothing happens. I allready deinstalled the application --- rebooted and --- installed again, but the problem persist. I also started the application as...
August 29th 07 09:21 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 144
Cannot print by Michael
I am triyng to install a USB Lexmark 810, and it looks ok after the setup, with no errors ( I have rebooted also). Will not print. The error message is :"Test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assisrance?Operation completed (error 0x00000002)." I would appreciate some help. Thanks!
May 23rd 07 04:17 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 2
Cannot print - nothing being sent to printer by shollar
The correct drivers are installed. The printer is connected properly and the correct printer is selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. This is weird - its a multifunction, scan works fine - in the printer utility I can print a config and test page - so communication with the printer seems fine. Windows test page sends nothing to the printer. I have confirmed this by...
February 10th 09 05:01 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 178
Cannot print Black on Canon i560 from Vista by Renrutekim - Teleweb sarl
I have a client who has two computers - one Vista based and the other XP. Printing directly from XP to the printer works as required. Recently she has been unable to print anything in black from the Vista (home edition) computer. When trying to print a test page just the coloured logo prints. Black does print when using the nozzle check and alignment utilities.
January 27th 08 11:37 AM
by henio Go to last post
8 237
Cannot print from IE by mperathoner
I found a couple of similar message, bur no solution yet: On a HP-PC with Vista Home Premium, I cannot print from IE7: all I get is an empty page with a header (page 1 of 1) and a footer (C:\Users\........\temp\xxxx.html) Printiong from all other applications (including Firefox) is working fine. I have tried the solution setting the integrity level of the folder "low" to "low" - no effect.
April 8th 08 12:31 PM
by Katherine Go to last post
1 303
Cannot print from IE7 on Windows Vista by bpiela
I have a networked HP Photosmart 3310 printer connected to my home network. On my PC, I run Kaspersky Internet Security. I can print from Notepad, word, pretty much any application, but I cannot print from IE7, with or without Kaspersky being enabled. I can even print from Firefox. When I click "print" in IE7, the print job shows up in the print queue and then quickly disappears. ...
September 11th 07 08:56 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 175
Cannot print from Microsoft Photo Gallery by Steve
Does anyone have any idea why when trying to print a photo from the photo gallery, would the application hang and say "Please wait while the printer sends information to Windows"? I have re-installed the printer drivers, rebooted etc. I can print photos if I use "Paint" and printing anythign else is fine. Any ideas? Steve
August 25th 07 03:48 PM
by Steve Go to last post
0 189
Cannot print from Vista by John Byrne[_2_]
I have a printer server (Linksys WPS54GU2) attached to my network with a Canon MP150 and HP Laserjet 5P/5MP installed. This worked fine with a Vista Ultimate upgrade install fron Windows XP Pro. After having other problems with with Vista, I decided on advice to do a clean install. This worked OK and I installed the printer drivers directly from Vista. The test print worked. After a...
November 3rd 07 09:21 PM
by John Byrne[_2_] Go to last post
2 371
Cannot print from Works 8 spreadsheet by feroze_khan
I just bought an HP Vista Home Premium computer 32 bit and when I go into Microsoft works 8 spreadsheet to print a document - I get the message that "MS Works 8 has stopped working. Other applications are able to print without any problems at all which proves that the printer is installed properly and is working fine. Please Help.
March 4th 07 09:42 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 223
Cannot Print in MSN the only prints the HTML Data by jpn314
All other programs print ok MS word Wordperfect Acrobat and hot mail, MSN has no answer Microsoft has no answer everone is blaming the other, MSN said to reinstall MSN I have 3 times no change It will print properly if it is a website, I am using Vista Business, on a MSI mother board with AMD 64 4000 x2, 2 gig Mem video card Nvida 7200 GS, the printer is a Brother HL-2170W new everything is...
April 8th 08 02:28 PM
by jpn314 Go to last post
0 286
Cannot print Internet sites in I.E.7 in Vista ( Safari Windows pri by Dixon H Harris, MCSE[_2_]
I.E 7 always gets a scripting error whenever I attempt to printer HTML or Internet based information in my printer. Local Printing OK Other browsers OK ( I also use Mac Safari for Windows). How to I correct this in I.E.7? (I have capturesd JPEG screen images of the I.E. 7 error and the scriptng
April 4th 08 12:15 AM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post

From The