Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Reconfigure printer to USB port by Ron Smith
I have upgraded machines and the new machine only has USB ports on it (i.e. no printer parallel port jack). I am having trouble getting my older HP 2100M printer running (i.e. had to switch the old parallel cable out for a USB / parallel cable). Sometimes I see a "USB Printing Support" in the Port list and sometimes i don't. The printer seems to configure OK, but it still doesn't work...
May 24th 10 06:36 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 1,308
Reconfigure printer to USB port by Ron Smith
I have upgraded machines and the new machine only has USB ports on it (i.e. no printer parallel port jack). I am having trouble getting my older HP 2100M printer running (i.e. had to switch the old parallel cable out for a USB / parallel cable). Sometimes I see a "USB Printing Support" in the Port list and sometimes i don't. The printer seems to configure OK, but it still doesn't work...
May 24th 10 02:42 AM
by Ron Smith Go to last post
0 706
How do I remove printer drivers in Windows 7 without print managem by Jorgen
Background: Installed a network printer on a new laptop that bluescreened, now I can't access the print properties atc without getting an error and can't get to print preferences at all. I have reinstalled, removed, installed this printer half a dozen times after this but even choosing to replace printer driver doesn't help at all. The obvious next step is to remove the driver itself but I...
May 22nd 10 11:48 AM
by shelyronald Go to last post
4 1,074
Fax program by Maelmoro
Looking for a program to send fax from my Windows XP/Vista/Seven through my modem. Can someone suggest one? It seems like there isn't.. :O Max
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 22nd 10 02:59 AM
by Americano Go to last post
12 1,533
Files and Printer Sharing by ColTom2[_3_]
Hi: I know that I have addressed this posting to some Vista Newsgroups even though my computer in question is a Toshiba L455-S5980 running Windows 7 Home Premium, but hopefully someone can help me or direct me otherwise. I have a wireless network with a Linksys WRT160N router connected to a Sony desktop running XP MCE(2005). In addition, I have another Toshiba laptop running XP Home...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 21st 10 08:02 AM
by experttechiealicejefferson Go to last post
12 1,447
printers not showed on printer folder, but usable when printig from an application (windows 7) by alex
I have a new windows seven business pc. If I add more the two printers I see only two on the printers folder. Always one of this is the default printer. But If I print from an application (es. word pad) I see all printers. I've removed and reinstalled the printers but I always have the same problem. Any idea? Thank you Alessandro
May 20th 10 11:25 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 724
How do I remove printer drivers in Windows 7 without print managem by Jorgen
Background: Installed a network printer on a new laptop that bluescreened, now I can't access the print properties atc without getting an error and can't get to print preferences at all. I have reinstalled, removed, installed this printer half a dozen times after this but even choosing to replace printer driver doesn't help at all. The obvious next step is to remove the driver itself but I...
May 19th 10 07:45 PM
by Jorgen Go to last post
0 363
Fax program by Maelmoro
Looking for a program to send fax from my Windows XP/Vista/Seven through my modem. Can someone suggest one? It seems like there isn't.. :O Max
May 19th 10 07:29 PM
by Maelmoro Go to last post
0 411
fax/scan for Vista Home Premium by Ree
I'm thoroughly DISGUSTED with MicroSoft for removing this feature from the program. I used this feature frequently. If I had known this prior to recently purchasing this system and upgrade--I probably would not have. Microsoft, you've gotten so big that you seem to feel it's okay to 'dog-out' your loyal customers without any negative ramifications to you. NOT...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 19th 10 10:22 AM
by Railfan Go to last post
44 3,369
printers not showed on printer folder, but usable when printig from an application (windows 7) by alex
I have a new windows seven business pc. If I add more the two printers I see only two on the printers folder. Always one of this is the default printer. But If I print from an application (es. word pad) I see all printers. I've removed and reinstalled the printers but I always have the same problem. Any idea? Thank you Alessandro
May 19th 10 06:59 AM
by alex Go to last post
0 437
Windows Fax and Scan and Outlook contacts by Drew Edmundson
I can't get Windows Fax and Scan (WFS) to use the contacts from Outlook 2007. Running Vista Ultimate 64 on an SBS 2003 network. Using the server's shared fax. This worked when I had Vista Ultimate 32 installed. Unsuccesful steps I have tried. I have run a repair install of Office. I have deleted my old profile and created a new one. Please note that since I am running on SBS 2003 premium I use...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 18th 10 08:28 PM
by Russ Valentine[_2_] Go to last post
39 3,367
Add Printer Not Working - Vista Home Premium by Rick_Hugh
I have an Epson Stylus c84 Inkjet that, according to the Epson support page, should already have drivers in Vista (I should just be able to plug in the printer, Vista will see it and load the appropriate driver, etc). However, Vista cannot find the correct driver and asks for the original driver CD, to which I try anyway and it still does not work. I contacted Epson who suggested I try and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 10 07:22 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
17 967
Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community by No Name
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the...
May 8th 10 07:49 AM
by No Name Go to last post
0 374
Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error by Drew
Hi A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the printer list. This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as user or administartor. 'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error 0x000006e6'
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 4th 10 08:12 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
12 1,055
Printer Communication Not Available error by jcclark33
I get a "communication not available" error whenever I try to print to my printer which is connected via USB. I have tried disabling the firewall (Norton), turning off auto-protect (norton), unplugging printer from computer, unplugging printer from power, and re-installing. Nothing seems to work. Anyone have any suggestions?
May 4th 10 03:21 PM
by coastal207 Go to last post
3 444
Cant find bizhub 162 vista 64bit drivers by Goatape
For that check out the below given which is having the same discussion as of yours. So go through the link given below and find the detail driver which you are looking for. Here are the link for the same just go through the same. http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/740335.htm -- Goatape ------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 4th 10 12:17 PM
by Goatape Go to last post
0 403
Cant find bizhub 162 vista 64bit drivers by Digicentre
Looking for -- Digicentre ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Digicentre's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/216465.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1333278.htm http://forums.techarena.in
May 4th 10 09:24 AM
by Digicentre Go to last post
0 407
How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan by Boris
Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How can I download or what file is it on the software? By the way, my new email address is:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 10 04:20 AM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
18 1,468
How can I find out what the firewall issue is on a Printer? by M Skabialka
I was having problems reinstalling HP software for my All-In-One printer, and HP Tech support had me add ten or fifteen programs to the Firewall as allowed programs, plus about that many ports. I'm still having firewall issues according to the HP networks diagnostic tool, and the HP software does not "see" my printer on the network. I can go to its IP address in Internet Explorer and see...
April 30th 10 04:45 AM
by +Bob+ Go to last post
7 449
brother mfc-640cw problems by betheredge
i have a new system which is the ultimate and although my brother printer will work, the system will lock up on start up. i have to unplug the usb on start up or the system will lock up on the dell logo screen. -- betheredge
April 30th 10 03:30 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post

From The