Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Deploying printers with GPO by A Lake
Hi, I'm trying to deploy printers on a machine bases using GPOs. When I try to added a printer using the \\server\name path, I always get the message 'Addition failed' When I browse for printers I only see those that are NOT shared on the print server - and even adding them generates an error of 'The printer name is invalid'
February 15th 07 06:40 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 291
Printing contents of burned discs. by A printing question
How do I print up a list of the contents of a burned disc?
July 18th 08 06:50 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 295
Printing Preferences window opens too slow by aaalp[_4_]
I had this problem on 2 different printers on 2 different networks. Both printers are installed on XP Machines. One is HP 1220c and the other one is HP Officejet 4110 All in one. I installed these printers on my laptop as network printers. For both printers there is no need to install new drivers (according to HP Support on the web as Vista already has the latest drivers for these machines)....
April 8th 08 11:25 AM
by aaalp[_5_] Go to last post
1 170
Spooler SubSytem App Was Closed by Abby
I'm really sorry if there's already been an answer to this-- but I looked and looked and none of the similar problems/solutions helped me. I've had my brand new Dell Inspiron 1420 for about 4 days now, and I'm having huge difficulties setting up my Epson Stylus CX5000 printer/scanner. I downloaded the new Vista drivers from the epson website, and it shows up in the printer box, but when I...
October 31st 07 10:44 AM
by Ravi Kumar Go to last post
1 316
Colors are printing inacuratly by Abby
When I try to print the color Red it prints on my HP Deskjet 840C as Pink. How do I fix this? And yes, I just put in a brand new cartridge. Probably threw out a brand new cartridge replacing it.
October 8th 07 12:28 AM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
4 224
faxing by abcd
Can someone teach me how to fax fromwindows Vista. I have HP fax/scan/printer all in one...5510xi. I have connected that to my vista machine. in Vistal fax I have composed a fax which has 5 scanned pages In To section I have written 0119120xxxxxxx (this is international fax to india)
May 19th 07 09:13 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 202
scan and pdf by abcd
How do I scan a document in pdf. I can see only image options in Windows vista scan. DO I need to install a software I got with my HP printer. Is it compatible with Vista. I am using Officejet 5510. Thanks
May 1st 07 07:41 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 251
Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer by Abe Klagsbrun
This is regarding Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and an Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer. This is an expensive printer and only a year old. I bought Vista mainly because I thought my peripherals would be supported. The Epson web site says that my printer is supported "out-of-the-box." See the following...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 13th 08 03:27 PM
by alstein Go to last post
20 863
Belkin F5U002 alternatives by Accolade83
Well after a bit of research I've found that my Belkin F5U002 USB Parallel Printer Adapter cable is, from what I can tell, not compatible with vista. So my questions are 1. Is this absolutely true that it is incompatible? 2. Is there anything I can do to make it compatible? 3. If not, can anyone suggest a comparable item that is compatible?
January 19th 08 09:46 PM
by Accolade83[_2_] Go to last post
2 178
HP Officejet 6110 - Has anyone got an officejet to print with Vista yet? by aceT
I did as skypilott2 suggested. I unplugged the usb cable from the computer, loaded the HP 6110 cd and uninstalled the hp 6110 from the computer. When I restarted the computer, it said my drivers were installed and ready. I opened a file and it printed perfectly!!! I had all but given up on getting my printer to print until I found this forum. THANK YOU !!! -- aceT
April 6th 07 05:31 PM
by aceT Go to last post
0 318
Fax and Scan error - One or more recipients do not have a fax addr by Active IT Design
I have a client running Vista Business on and SBS 2003 network. He's having trouble faxing with Vista. He can fax out okay when he picks the recipient from his address book but he's unable to just type in a local fax number and hit send. I've tried typing the fax number multiple ways, for example say the number was local and 123-4567. I've tried typing 123-4567 and 1234567 and 1 areacode...
April 20th 07 01:52 AM
by Active IT Design Go to last post
4 232
HP Deskjet 9650 Vista Help by adadams
I have a HP 9650 and am running Vista.  I understand that the 9650 is not supported in Vista and recommends the Alternate 9800 Printer Driver.  I had this installed and was working fine until this morning when I disconnected everything in order to move  my computer around. Once I plugged everything back in, it wanted me to reinstall and then said couldn't find...
September 3rd 09 12:26 AM
by jasonpierce Go to last post
4 537
Which driver for HP Deskjet 3820? by Adam Lipscombe
I am trying to install a deskjet 3820. I have no Vista CD because the PC came with Vista Home pre-installed. The HP support site says there is no Vista driver for this printer and tells me to use a desket 970cse driver that is built into Vista. I have tried to install the printer as a 970cse but when I select the that printer the installation wizard prompts me to put a disk in. I have no...
March 26th 08 01:25 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP][_2_] Go to last post
1 236
Unable to vaerify the active prenter at the system level. Quicken by adam1jam
I ran Quickens almost problem free on Windows XP Pro. and never had any printing problems. But now I am using Windows Vista Home Premium, I can't print anything from Quickens any more. All I get is the message showen on my subject line, or Quickens just says it has to shut down. The good people at Quickens.com have been little help, they send me things to try but nothing works. This...
July 9th 08 09:10 AM
by Bill Go to last post
2 403
core driver error by AdamC
Hello, I'm having a strange problem with my printer drivers. I have been using my canon for a while on my laptops, shared from my desktop. I had it installed for 2 users on my laptop. When I tried later to install it for a third, it said: "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Unable to find a core driver package that is required by the printer driver package". I went back to one of...
September 24th 07 04:00 AM
by OzBoy[_7_] Go to last post
2 550
HP Scanjet 5200C in Vista, anyone? by Adams G.H.
We have HP Scanjet 5200C scanner. We are in process of upgrade our computer to Dell running in Vista. We found NO HP Scanjet 5200C drivers for Vista. We tried but failed to load HP Scanjet 5200C drivers (was HP XP drivers) in Vista. Can anyone tell me what scanning freeware works on Vista and HP Scanjet 5200C?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 10 02:46 PM
by YZ1 Go to last post
19 1,065
Vista Drivers Print the Square Number of Copies Requested by adamsr2
I have a HP deskjet 970Cse. HP has not released a full featured driver for Vista. Instead they suggest using the driver Vista will assign. I notice on Print Shop 21 and 22 it print the square number of the copies I request, 4 for 2, 36 for 6. This doesn't happen in other programs that I have found yet, like Word or Excel. It doesn't happen if I use a HP 1300 or HP 1500 with regular full...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 21st 07 08:43 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
13 617
Problem obtaining access to a network printer by Ade.
I have a desktop pc (XP Pro SP2) with 2 printers attached. 1 samsung ml-4500 and 1 lexmark X6150. For a couple of years i've had two other pc's on my network which, once i've connected to the printers it prompted me to download the drivers, to the network pc's, thusallowing me to print from all. I have recently purchased a new laptop with Vista home premium. once i found the printers on the...
October 2nd 07 09:47 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 271
Printer communication problem in x64 resolved by adg
Hi: Just a quick post to report that after three days of trying to get my Canon i9100 to communicate with any program whatsoever, I discovered the USB Filter loaded when I set up my ATI drivers was the culprit -- uninstalling the USB filter has left me a happy camper, with a fully functional printer. Just wish someone else had discovered this ahead of me (or reported it) so a quick search (lazy...
January 28th 09 07:28 AM
by adg Go to last post
2 224
Cant Receive Faxes: by ADH
Have Vista Ultimate installed and installed a Fax modem. Set it up using the Windows Fax and Scan program. Am able to send but have not been able to receive any faxes even though it shows Hello, Ringing- The call was answered as a fax-Receiving page1. Goes on forever like this without receiving the message.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 08 05:24 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post

From The