Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied. by Steve
I'm trying, desparately, to print from my Vista Home Premium laptop to a shared printer on my home wireless network. The shared printer is connected to an XP Home machine. That machine is hard-wired (via a LAN cable) to the wireless router. I can "see" the printer I want to use but when trying to connect to it, I get the error message "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 13th 10 06:30 PM
by TFCfan22 Go to last post
24 1,676
HP7410 Portrait duplex always prints Head-to-foot by bob
Vista installed the driver for my HP7410, but when I try to print portrait, duplex it always comes out head-to-foot instead of head-to-head. I didn't have this problem using the HP drivers in WindowsXP.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 3rd 09 09:09 PM
by Jakar Go to last post
24 1,129
Printer Installation Error 0x000006be by Sandy Wood
Connecting Vista machines to our current Window 2003 R2 print server has been a hit and miss experience. Connect and install fine, others throw a 0x000006be error when attempting to install the driver. One is especially pernicious. Color LJ 4650, won't install even though there is a Vista driver in the local store as well as on the Print Server. I thought Point and Print was supposed to sort...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 14th 09 04:06 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
24 1,462
Internet Explorer 7 Does Not Allow Printing by The Cat's Meow
Okay, I just confirmed that my problem with printing a web page is Microsoft Explorer 7 under Vista Windows. You would think that since Microsoft owns Explorer 7 and Vista, that they would have been able to work together. Boy, what a mess. I just used Mozilla Firefox and I can print a web page with no problem. So, my question is, how do we get Explorer 7 fixed by Microsoft????
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 19th 08 02:33 AM
by DJT[_2_] Go to last post
23 993
fax and scan by drchenomd
ERROR MESSAGE: MICOSOFT WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN HAS STOPPED WORKING. My computer can not send fax anymore with is error message every time i want to send fax. I had turn off and on again through change windows features in control panel, but no luck. How to retore this function again? Please help, thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 17th 07 10:05 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
22 431
Cannot connect Vista Fax and Scan to SBS Shared Fax by ASTENG88
I just recently purchased 2 HP computers for work and they both have Vista Business installed. The server we have is SBS 2003 RC1 and it has a shared fax which all of our XP Pro machines connect through without a problem. I cannot connect Vista Fax and Scan to the shared fax to send faxes but the XP machines work just fine. Any Ideas would be appreciated. -- _________ Andrew
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 27th 07 12:27 AM
by Guillermo Go to last post
22 596
Finally -- Vista 32-bit ONLY -- drivers for HP LaserJet 1020 by Cal Bear '66
Finally -- Vista 32-bit ONLY -- drivers for HP LaserJet 1020 (dated 5 - 2007) !!! http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=439320&lang=en -- I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 10th 07 05:44 AM
by At the chocolate factory...[_2_] Go to last post
22 474
HP 7410 problems on Vista by joewwaters
Can anyone tell me if they have gotten the HP 7410 "all-in-one" printer/scanner working properly with Vista? I have (what is advertised to be) the HP7410 driver software updated for Vista, but have been unable to get it installed and working properly. It *appears* that a driver already installed in Vista is taking priority over the HP software, possibly even preventing it from loading...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 13th 09 02:55 PM
by Gandalfgrey1 Go to last post
21 1,323
Vista 64 installs printers, won't print by neatokino
My Vista 64bit system has suddenly decided to not print at all. I had no problems in the past, but last week I started to receive an error notice with programs: 'before you print, you need to select a printer...' (wordpad and adobe pdf reader); if I try to print a document in Word 2007, I get an error message that reads: 'windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 9th 09 01:04 AM
by Scottie[_3_] Go to last post
21 338
Cannot fax from Vista on a Small Business Server fax by Roland
We are currently upgrading to Vista (final release). Our SBS 2003 has a Fax server installed. The fax server is published in the directory. Somehow, Vista does not recognize this fax server. As soon as we try to connect to the SBS fax server, Vista starts some new "Windows Fax and Scan". However, we are not able to connect to SBS fax from this "Windows Fax and Scan". Any idea, how to send...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 5th 07 07:03 AM
by Renu Bhattar \(MSFT\) Go to last post
21 1,097
Laptop no longer connects to printer on home network by Moose95
I am about at the end of my rope, and I hope someone can help: My HP dv2500 laptop running Vista used to work fine connecting to my printer over the local network via an XP-based main PC, which has a Kodak Printer hooked to it. At some point in the last few months, the laptop stopped being able to connect. I think this was around the time of upgrading to SP1, but cannot be sure. In any case,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 14th 08 04:03 PM
by Tracy Go to last post
21 840
Windows Vista and Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer by Abe Klagsbrun
This is regarding Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit and an Epson Stylus Photo 960 printer. This is an expensive printer and only a year old. I bought Vista mainly because I thought my peripherals would be supported. The Epson web site says that my printer is supported "out-of-the-box." See the following...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 13th 08 03:27 PM
by alstein Go to last post
20 862
Vista X64 can't print to shared Vista X86 by KawaiDon
On my home network I have a main computer with 2 printers attached, and shared. I can connect and print from another Vista X86 computer and from an XP x86 machine. The network configuration is all correct and working well, except for this one printer glitch. I just built a new computer with Vista X64, and am stymied by my HP Laserjet P3005. I cannot get it connected over the network, as I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 2nd 08 11:14 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
20 1,047
vista office and HP scanner/printer/fax problem by jim
I just installed a new computer with Vista Office and my HP 6110 officejet all-in-one which was working fine with XP prints from the computer, copies from the glass bed and faxes. BUT, it will NOT scan. When I push on the scan button it starts and makes noise like it is going to start. When I go to devices on the control panel it says the 6100 is working. HP no longer offers help on this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 7th 08 02:19 AM
by None Go to last post
20 1,146
Fax by cmoore
Why is there no basic fax program associated with home premium, or office standard? Please add one. I am upset with my upgrade vista and office 2007. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 14th 09 02:04 PM
by oldpad Go to last post
20 1,390
HP DJ450 won't print by Alexandr Klein
Hi, i have problem with HP Deskjet 450 under Vista Home Premium. Printer is installed by Vista, everything looks ok, but i can't print. When i want to print Test page, only row of 2-20 smilies is coming out in best case and print job shows error . When i ask HP, they say Microsoft is responsible for drivers. Microsoft says i should ask HP. I slowly begin to be annoyed. Have bought short...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 19th 08 11:08 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
20 314
HP7310 Driver by Sean Liming \(MVP\)
I seen some issues about HP printers with Vista. Here is one that I am running into. Hp7310 - connected over the network. Under XP Pro, access the HP 7310 was no problem. I downloaded and installed the full Vista software package from the HP website. 1. If put the system into standby and come out of standby, connection to the
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 16th 07 02:06 AM
by flamelady Go to last post
20 556
No Vista drivers for HP Color Laserjets by Birk Binnard
After a day of failing to get my LaserJet 2500 migrated from my old XP system to my new VIsta machine I gave up and called HP Support. In spite of what they say on their website the bottom line is there are no Vista drivers available now (22 Mar 07) for the color LAserJet printers. The HP rep said they had heard the drivers might be available by the end of March. It is possible to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 07 09:13 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
19 376
Vista loses my printers by Broyle
I have 2 computers running Vista and have the same problem on both. Sometimes when I start up Vista can't find my installed printers. If I go to control panel and click on printers I get nothing. When this happens I have to restart windows sometimes numerous times before I get the printers.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 5th 07 09:04 PM
by Doug Kauppila Go to last post
19 501
Printouts not working with VISTA HOME PREMIUM!! by Hits
Hello, I have a Brother MFC640CW all in one which wont print from WORD 2003 and POWERPOINT 2003. It prints fine from EXCEL, PUBLISHER and the web. I have updated the printer driver so it is compatible with VISTA. The printer is set to default. When i print from WORD or POWERPOINT the file comes in the print queue, the machine lights up but then the file just dissappears from the print queue...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 29th 07 10:56 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post

From The