Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
.dll files by EF3
Please help!! I was uninstalling my printer to reinstall it (problem with scanner) and apparently the sccbase.dll, enum and slbcsp.dll files have gone with. The disk will not let me reinstall the printer.
May 26th 07 04:24 AM
by EF3 Go to last post
0 164
.tif file saved from vista fax cann't be opened properly with Paint by Nguyen Minh Tuan
hi, my problem is In my daily jobs, i have frequently saved faxes in .tif file and then later opened it with MS Paint. This is very easy for me before with Winfax Pro and Windows XP. But now, i turn to Vista, using Vista Fax. and i got a big problem Whenever i have tried to save faxes from Vista built-in fax in .tif and opened it with MS Paint, the file format was distorted. it doesn't...
March 1st 07 09:35 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 189
.Tiff files printing 2 pages by Frustrated
I have TIF files that I want to view / print from the Windows (Vista) Photo Gallery - When I open it, it shows Page 1 of 2 / 2 of 2. they are the same picture but one looks to be more of a thumb nail size However, when I do properties it shows just 1 pic 2560 x 1920. I can open in any other photo editor / viewer and it prints / shows properly. I can open other file types w/o any problems,...
March 1st 07 01:40 AM
by Frustrated Go to last post
0 223
.xps document writer by Neal Weissman
i am using 32-bit vista home premium. can someone explain what the ".xps document writer" is? it seems that the ..xps document writer does not *print*, but rather *saves*! i can't understand any of this - what is the .xps used for? -- Fool On The Hill
July 1st 07 09:28 PM
by Mac Go to last post
2 185
.xps vs .wps, .doc, .rtf, ... by nweissma
when i create a document using ms works 8.5, it exists by default as .wps. i can save it as .wps, .doc, .rtf, .. when i attempt to print using my standard printer, i get a message that demands that it be saved as .xps -- and proceeds to REFUSE TO PRINT!! 1. why would i want to save .wps as .doc, .rtf, ..? 2. how do i print my .wps file? ( i will likely have a similar print frustration...
June 16th 07 02:07 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 145
03x000003ee error installing hp printer by theworm13
Tried everything. Have Vista Ultimate x64. Installing the printer drivers for a 3210 HP all in one, located on the network. I can "discover" the device fine, and it works fine from other computers, just not the x64. I get an error during installation of 03x000003ee and the installation fails. Any ideas? -- theworm13
November 17th 07 04:13 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
6 318
0x0006b by ITNEWBIE
I am getting this code on many computers recently updated to vista I reset the printer spooler it still does not work. I can not figure this out I read that the printer drivers but it is more than one networked computer??????????????????????????????????????????? -- ITNEWBIE ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ITNEWBIE's Profile:...
July 16th 09 04:27 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 385
13 x 19 paper by Tom from WI[_2_]
I have a new printer that prints 13x19 inch photos. I would like to buy some plain non-photo paper to practice with before I use the actual photo paper. I can't find any plain paper in that size at my computer or office stores. Anyone know where I can get it? Thanks. Tom
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 14th 09 09:18 PM
by SysOpNC Go to last post
11 942
16-bit printing problem with Vista by ronc
Hi, We need to run one of our large 16bit Visual Basic 3.0 applications on Vista Ultimate (32bit) while we rewrite the app in VB .Net. So far I have been able to install the VB3 app, and even the VB3 dev, on Vista and with a few small changes all runs well except for printing from the VB app. We use the VB PrintForm command to print a screen image from the app. All works well under Windows...
July 4th 08 08:28 AM
by SteveEasy Go to last post
4 356
2 Month old Hp9100 Laptop printer scanner problems by drker
I upgraded my wifes comp. to a HP laptop and it has Vista installed which I did install. The 'All-in-One 3180' printer scanner software doesn't work. I was in a chat with HP for about 1 1/2 Hrs. uninstalling and re-installing the program. Also reset Active-X which was set right to begin with. Al the time I spent on line with HP didn't solve the problem. Also I have been on line with Norton...
May 7th 07 06:27 PM
by drker Go to last post
2 191
2 parallel printers on a PC without LPT ports by Marco Pizzamiglio
My PC (MB Asus P5B deluxe) comes without parallel ports. It runs windows Vista. I've got 2 printers with parallel port only: HP Deskjet 1220 and HP Laserjet 2200dt Vista drivers for that printers are available on HP web site. Which is the best way to connect the printers? I've found the D-link DP-300U ethernet print server (2 LPT + 1 USB), but Vista is not listed in the supported OS, i don't...
July 23rd 07 09:20 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
5 191
2 sided printing on 7410 by stu
There are numerous comments about there being a driver problem with the officejet 7410 when trying to print 2 sided documents. It appears to me that it is trying to print in the manual mode. Has Msft done anything to fix this driver. The comments I saw were from back in Februaury.
July 15th 07 07:26 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 224
2-sided printing by LightsEternity
I want to print pages double-sided. However, everytime I use this option, my printer ends up printing an "Instructions for Two-Sided Printing" page, which it never did before prior to getting vista. I have a Lexmark E232.
March 12th 07 11:31 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 365
26 R4i Dsi, Drivers Firmware, R4 Dsi nintendo Dsi 35013 by r4idsi r4i
Firmware - Driver para R4i Dsi, R4 Dsi. Nintendo Dsi. http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 saludos h/GqU#Eva*I,oxiTc*hbNWy(i
April 11th 09 07:43 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 262
28 Firmware Drivers R4 Dsi. R4i Dsi 47476 by r4idsi r4i
Drivers Firmware R4i Dsi . Firmware R4 Dsi nintendo http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_firmware-drivers-nintendo-dsi-r4-i-upgrade_1214985 Firmware Drivers R4i Dsi , R4 Dsi , R4i-sdhc.com
April 11th 09 08:48 PM
by r4idsi r4i Go to last post
0 235
56k PCI Data Fax Modem Usage by UWrikkers
I recently purchased a new Dell Dimension E521 and i had a 56k pci data fax modem installed at the factory. I am not very computer savy and have no idea how to even get the fax reader up. All that i can find within the various help screens is "A collection of settings for sending and receiving faxes using a particular fax modem or fax server. Before you can send or receive faxes in Windows,...
February 15th 07 08:22 PM
by UWrikkers Go to last post
1 205
5x7 Printing by APD
When I load 5X7 paper and try to print a 5x7 photo, it just spits out a blank page. The printer seems to function well with letter size paper. Thanks for your input.
May 12th 08 03:19 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 297
64-Bit Drivers for HP LaserJet 1020 Now Available by Cal Bear '66
64-Bit Drivers for HP LaserJet 1020 Now Available http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2100&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=439320&lang=en -- I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
August 31st 07 01:39 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
0 197
64-bit server, 32-bit client by Paavo Leinonen
Hi, my home server runs 64-bit Vista, and the older clients have 32-bit XP. The printer is hp photosmart 7960, connected via USB cable to the server. How do I print from the 32-bit XP client to the printer in 64-bit Vista server? The only answer from hp customer service was that "by a jetdirect print
September 30th 07 12:31 AM
by Sam Korson Go to last post
3 179
7 MEG TIF PROBLEMS by Robert Martin[_2_]
I'm using Vista Ultimate on a P4 3.2 w/2GB of Ram When I try and open a 7 Meg TIF that has 19 pages it locks up my system. HD light glowing red and a un responsive PC. I open the same Tif in XP and I have no problems. It seems that the included Tif viewer in vista has taken a huge step backward in ability.
August 22nd 07 08:58 PM
by Robert Martin[_2_] Go to last post

From The