Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Print problem using windows photo gallery by danbrown
I wanted to see if my HP 450 series printer would work with Pre RC1 build. I saw that it had drivers so I let it install. If I open a PDF file and print it works fine and if I print from paint it works but if I print from Windows Photo Gallery it prints 5 or 6 dots and thats all. I will Install my EPSON printer which worked in public build and see if I have the same problem but thought I throw...
September 28th 06 04:54 PM
by Tom Aaron [MSFT] Go to last post
5 620
Epson stylus Scan 2500 Printer Driver (all in one) for Vista by nav786_te
I have problem installing drivers for the mentioned printer. That was working ok with Windows Xp. I could not find drivers for Vista RC1. I need Help.
October 4th 06 10:48 AM
by nav786_te Go to last post
0 655
Epson Stylus Scan 2500 Printer Drivers for Vista by nav786_te
Please help for the drivers of mentioned printer.
October 4th 06 10:51 AM
by nav786_te Go to last post
0 649
Not enough memory when adding network printer (Samsung CL510) by datadan
I can usually connect to a network printer okay (using build 5728) but this new printer always gives not enough memory error when trying to add. Dell 9300 with 1GB ram. tried logging on to administrator with same result.
October 8th 06 10:56 PM
by Bruce Sanderson Go to last post
3 713
error when adding network printer - not enough memory to connect by datadan
I'm trying to connect to a network printer (Samsung CLP510). Either going through the add printer dialog or using browse network and connect gives this error: Not enough memory to connect printer. Using Vista build 5728 and same error occurs when logged on as administrator.
October 4th 06 07:31 PM
by datadan Go to last post
0 631
Default printer resetting by JHoerig
I have 2 network printers installed (an HP5N and an HP4000). There are 2 other "printer" drivers installed (Microsoft XPS Document Writer and Microsoft Office Document Image Writer). After rebooting my machine it seems my default printer keeps getting reset from the HP5N to the Microsoft XPS Document Writer/ Has anyone else encountered this and/or found a solution to stop it from...
October 5th 06 06:42 PM
by JHoerig Go to last post
0 596
Default Printer Changing by JHoerig
I have 4 printer drivers installed. Two are network printers (HP5N and HP4000), and two are Microsoft Document Writers. I keep setting my default printer to the network printer HP5N, but after rebooting my machine I notice the default printer keeps resetting back to Microsoft XPS Doument Writer. Has anyone else encountered this?
October 11th 06 12:34 AM
by Mark W Scheidell Go to last post
4 592
Product key by deewan
What is the installation product key of windows Vista?
October 6th 06 08:27 AM
by Harald Andersen Go to last post
1 608
Scanning software with Epson Perfection 1670 by VistaVick
So with RC2 32 bit I managed to get the xp drivers installed for this scanner. The problem is the epson provided twain scanning utility will not load....it starts to load then the window disappears without any error message. I tried running the program in all types of compatibility modes with no luck. I then tried various 3rd party scanning programs with support for this scanner and none...
October 8th 06 02:51 PM
by VistaVick Go to last post
0 607
Anybody else's default printer not staying default? by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista PF&S) "gdock99" wrote in message .... I also tried to find an answer for this but the only thing I found was this group posting. That's because the web portal to newsgroups you are using doesn't include the most relevant newsgroup (assuming anybody is using it.)
October 4th 06 01:28 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 721
HP Deskjet 5650 by CHristopher L. Estep
"Peter M" wrote in message ... Much more elegant than my attempt.. kudos. That is Rather Weird. I have the HP DeskJet 940C connected via USB, and it has never-failingly worked in Vista (in fact, it has routinely auto-detected the printer without my having to do anything). The only thing I have had to do is set it as my
October 2nd 06 12:49 AM
by CHristopher L. Estep Go to last post
0 1,027
Easy Printing Question in x64 (I hope!) by denj
I have an HP 1200 laser. Works like a champ when hooked up to Vista RC1 x64. Works like a champ when hooked up to XP SP2. But I want to have it hooked up to XP (32-bit) and share it so that I can use it on Vista (64-bit) and one of my other XP systems at home. How do I do this? I can see where to add x64 drivers in XP, but I can't tell how to actually do that! It asks for the driver...
October 4th 06 09:55 AM
by Jordan H. Go to last post
2 629
scanners by dewittehd
I am trying to get my Epson GT-7000 and Nikon LD-5000 to run under Vista RC1, but the OS complains about missing drivers. Suggestions anyone? Thansk, John
September 26th 06 08:23 AM
by dewittehd Go to last post
0 641
HP Color LaserJet 1600 by JRD
I have successfully printed to my LaserJet for quite some time since Vista BETA 2. For some reason, I keep noticing that the Printer Status icon on the tray does not go away after printing is completed. When I open it, there are multiple files with the exact same name as the first one in the list that keep the printer status running until I reboot the computer. Is there a way to force these...
September 26th 06 11:38 AM
by JRD Go to last post
0 610
Need printer help!! by Jeff Banks
Any suggestions on how to get my Lexmark X4270 Printer/fax/scanner/copier working with Windows Vista? I am currently running Build 5728. There are no current Vista drivers available from Lexmark. Any help is greatly appreciated in advance, since this is the only problem I have had with Vista as of yet. Jeff
September 26th 06 07:41 PM
by Jeff Banks Go to last post
0 634
Add Network Printer - Access Denied by BigK
When I try to add a network printer connected to a Windows XP Home machine, I get access denied. Anyone able to overcome this? I'm using 5600 over a Wireless network and a Linksys WRT54G router.
September 27th 06 03:51 PM
by Rick Go to last post
2 672
scanning by PA Bear
I'm forwarding this thread to the correct newgroup (microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan) via crosspost. The clunky web interface you're using to access the Vista newsgroups STILL misdirects posts made to Vista.print_fax_scan to Internet Explorer General instead. They'll fix it someday, we hope. Try accessing the newsgroup in your default newsreader (e.g., Windows Mail), where (I...
September 27th 06 07:12 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 688
Here is the reply from ewido support by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista PF&S) "Neil Farris (2303133)" wrote in message ... I contacted ewido over making the online scanner compatible with IE 7 and here is their reply although I can understand thier point I hope they fix this about everyone one us here used this before IE 7: Dear Neil, thank you for your request.
September 27th 06 03:30 PM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post
0 655
Konica Minolta Page Pro 1350W by David
The printer works correctly, installing drivers was a 2 step process, add the usb port, then add print driver. After every print I get a "Local Downlevel Document" status "Spooling" that stays there until I reboot - will not delete. Any suggestions on how to FIX this ? thanks in advance...David
September 29th 06 02:26 AM
by David Go to last post
2 721
Netgear Print Server on Vista by RyanB
I have a Netgear Print Server, WGPS606. On XP I use the CD to connect to the Print Server. It automatically adds a printer port. However when I try to use it in Vista it trys try to add a printer port and then comes up asking for the TCP/IP and the Port Name. So the Print Servers IP is 192.168.0.10. So I put that in. Then for port name i put LPT1, and then it searches, but finds nothing....
October 9th 06 03:14 PM
by RyanB Go to last post

From The