Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Printing to HP LaserJet 1300 by 2120smak
There seems to be no way to make my Sony Vaio with Vista print to my HP LaserJet 1300 - any suggestions on how to make this work?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 26th 10 04:40 PM
by yahnump Go to last post
19 2,129
Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server by rdomino
My Vista home laptop used to print to my XP server but no longer does. This started about a week ago after I changed the router. I tried reinstalling the printer however it still doesn't print. I'm able to open the properties and make changes there however I get an error when I try and print. My other XP laptops print. -- rdomino
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 19th 09 02:20 PM
by rdomino Go to last post
19 538
HP Scanjet 5200C in Vista, anyone? by Adams G.H.
We have HP Scanjet 5200C scanner. We are in process of upgrade our computer to Dell running in Vista. We found NO HP Scanjet 5200C drivers for Vista. We tried but failed to load HP Scanjet 5200C drivers (was HP XP drivers) in Vista. Can anyone tell me what scanning freeware works on Vista and HP Scanjet 5200C?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 10 02:46 PM
by YZ1 Go to last post
19 1,065
Windows Fax & Scan - Outlook Contacts by Bruce Terry
Hi All, Why can't I access my Outlook 2007 contacts from Windows Fax & Scan to enable sending a fax to a particular contact. I am connected to a Windows SBS 2003 Server and am using the Fax server function. It used to work fine before I upgraded the PC to Windows Vista.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 10 08:41 PM
by Peter Go to last post
19 1,176
Vista - default printer doesn't stay as default by Freddie Kang
I have set up several printers and have one network printer assigned as 'default' printer. I have noticed that this 'default' status for this printer does not remain so after I shut down and reboot. It seems to default to the Fax printer. I then have to reset the chosen printer as 'default' in order to print. This happens not everytime I shut down - sometimes the default printer stays as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 18th 10 09:40 PM
by William McFarland Go to last post
19 1,485
spooler subsystem app stopped working and was closed by Mentos
hi, i get message " spooler subsystem app stopped working and was closed" i go to services.msc and start "print spooler". i see the printers again but 2 mins later, i get the same error message and i need to restart it was all working fine until after this morning, when i installed roxio easy media creator (for burning discs). --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 27th 09 12:42 AM
by prariebyu[_5_] Go to last post
19 742
Unable to get Lexmark Z645 USB printer to print by oldfogie
Just got new computer with Vista Home Basic. Trying to print from Wordpad, it shows the printer is there, document there, and says printing but it never prints. Thanks for any help!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 07 05:21 PM
by cameo Go to last post
19 261
Fax Software by Doug[_16_]
I would like the opinion of the MVP's . Which software at reasonable price works well in Vista Home Premium and up coming 7?? I used office 2003.Since I built this new PC ,No more Office in Vista. Thanks for all suggestions!!! (if any)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 10 08:45 AM
by adwardzen Go to last post
18 1,116
Two-Sided Automatic Printing on 7310 with Vista? by Bennett Quillen
I have a 4-year old 7310 All-in-One HP color printer, with which I am pleased and have used with previous operating systems to automatically print on both sides of a page. Now, with Vista I apparently have to manually rotate each page. Is there a "fix" this? -- Bennett Quillen
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 09 03:00 PM
by jvegaseg Go to last post
18 472
Can't Install HP L7580 All-In-One by Tom Bean
I bought an HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One two weeks ago and have successfully installed it on another Vista system and a Windows 2003 server. I am having problems installing it on my system which also runs Vista. I have assigned a static IP address, 192.168.1.15, to the printer and can ping it and use IE to navigate to http://192.168.1.15 and view its properties. When I initially tried...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 28th 08 04:39 AM
by bob414 Go to last post
18 844
Weird Printer Problem by EricG
I have a remote printer installed with a wireless router. I install the printer on a wireless notebook PC using Vista’s wizard, and initially everything works properly. However, if I turn off the PC, or reboot it, or sometimes only if just a few days elapses the PC will no longer be able to get the printer to print. If I have the spooler enabled, the pages appear to be sent to the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 17th 08 09:25 PM
by EricG Go to last post
18 468
Connecting to remote printer on XPSP2 by jn5519
I have a peer to peer network. One computer is Vista Home Basic while the other is XP home edition. When trying to install a printer on the xp computer to the vista computer I get the following message: "Cannot conect to printer, Acces denied". I searched the microsoft knowledgebase and found a solution, article 934643. the steps outlined to solve the problem apply only to XP PRO; on XP...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 31st 07 12:34 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
18 298
How do I download the Windows Fax and Scan by Boris
Somewhere along the way, I am missing the Windows Vista Fax and Scan. How can I download or what file is it on the software? By the way, my new email address is:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 10 04:20 AM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
18 1,468
Drivers won't install by Speedracer
Still trying to get my HP 895 Cxi printer working. I have looked at other posts but my problem is different. I tried installing a different printer (Canon Pixma 6600) The computer recognizes it and begins installation of the driver but before it completes the task the same error comes up as with the HP " encountered an error". So I went into the control panel and manually selected various...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 13th 08 10:10 PM
by Speedracer Go to last post
18 419
Compatible All in One Printers with Vista Home Prem. by Tanya
Does anyone have suggestions for compatible all in one printers for Vista home prem? I have a new HP Pav.9205 notebook and I can't use my printer. Lexmark does not have a compatible driver at this time per their tech support. Would like to purchase a wireless, but want to know it will work first. Thanks for any help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 07 12:42 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
18 415
Linksys PSUS4 and Vista 64 by Rednut05[_2_]
Now I'm 90% sure that this is a no go, but I'd like to rack the brains of you Vistax64.com people before I totally give up. The print server - Linksys PSUS4. The operating system - Vista 64. Now Linksys haven't officially made this compatible with Vista 64, but is there anyway around this. The drivers and firmware were last updated back in 03/04 and obviously Vista is new since then.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 19th 08 05:02 PM
by KeesH[_2_] Go to last post
18 485
HP 6310 Network connected... Visata Fax/Scan does not see as scann by tkiehl
I have an HP 6310 All-in-one on my local LAN. I've installed the lastest downloads and hot fix from HP on the Vista Ultimate. Programs that use Twain scanner work fine. MS Fax and Scan does not see it (as a scanner). What's gives?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 17th 07 05:33 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
18 280
I need help with Vista/XP an Printing by Ric Sterling
I truly hope someone can help. I have been spending the last two day in this discussion group trying to find some answer. Here Goes: I have a new Toshiba Laptop with Vista on it. My other 2 computers are running XP I have a Lexmark Z8350 all in one Printer. Now my other 2 computer work fine file shareing and using the same printer. Over my Linksys Router. I can don't make my new laptop...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 11th 07 11:45 PM
by StanCo Go to last post
17 405
Bug in HP OfficeJet d145 in Vista RTM by Yuval Rakavy
After a week of horror (seperate story...) I was able to upgrade my computer to Vista RTM. There is a bug in the HP Office Jet D series printers. When printing in landscape, the printer just spits out empty pages. Printing in portrait seems to work. Best regards, Yuval
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 28th 08 10:33 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
17 775
Cannot Import/View Windows XP OR Vista x86 Past Fax Files by Mills Architect
I am using Vista x86 RC1 build 5600. Have used Win XP since it came out. I make frequent use of the fax facility in both OS's. I have many historical SEND and RECEIVE files from XP and getting a few in Vista. Due to my monkeying with the Vista installation (hardware and software installs and uninstalls), I have uninstalled and reinstalled Vista x86 RC1 several times. I am noticing that I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 29th 07 10:11 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post

From The