Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
802.11g Wireless Networked HP Photosmart C7180 Issues by Gene
I upgraded to Microsoft Vista (Ultimate if it matters) Tuesday night. When I attempted to install the HP Vista driver for this all-in-one device, the install program appears to run correctly, files are showing as being extracted via the animation, and after about 20 seconds or so I get a window indicating that four device options have been installed and are ready to go. But no printer or...
March 25th 07 08:19 AM
by newlifer Go to last post
7 671
924 AIO won't scan by Ken
I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop with windows Vista. I have added a Dell 924 AIO printer to it . Everything works, but it will not scan. Any ideas? -- Ken
April 15th 09 04:43 PM
by Ken Go to last post
3 293
A few questions about spool files and faxing by Nicolas Caron
Hello I have 2 unrelated questions about Windows Vista. Thanks in advance for the answers. 1) I know that the whole print spooling has been rewritten and uses XPS format files now. Well we have an application that checks and analyses the files that are in the Spool directory when printing on Windows 2000, XP, 2003. Is there a way to set the printing system in Vista to output the same type of...
June 6th 07 01:57 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
2 133
A print job by Printer Problems
I can't get rid of a document in my printer queue. It's been stating that it's deleting since this morning. I can't print anything else until that gone and I can't get rid of it.
February 2nd 08 12:56 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 250
A solution for extremely slow printing in Vista by fpbear
This extremely slow printing in Vista x64 droze me crazy for a year and I found a fix. The Epson R800 creates an audit file called EPAUDF01.AUD in C:\ProgramData\Epson\Printer. Delete this file. After deleting this file, printing is fast. It makes an incredible difference.
June 12th 08 09:54 AM
by brentwherry Go to last post
2 347
December 8th 08 07:21 PM
by IlPasticciere Go to last post
8 391
Access denied - removing printer by Al
Under a remote desktop session, I get a couple of extra printers (presumably, I added these a long time back). I want to remove them but all efforts so far has not succeeded. The description itself on the printer has "redirected" added at the end. Short of deleting the reference to this printer from the registry which may not be safe, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove a...
September 16th 08 10:48 PM
by Al Go to last post
2 297
Access Denied error message by NetTech
I have a Konica 1350W connected by USB to a XP Home machine. I have shared out the printer and also a couple of folders. This is connected through a wireless network. On my Vista laptop I can connect to and roam through the XP machine. But when I try to connect to the printer to add it to the laptop, I receive an error message that "Access is Denied". Okay, what am I doing wrong? If...
March 25th 07 10:19 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 261
Access Denied Error with Scan and Fax by Gary Crim
I am using Vista Ultimate with a clean install. I changed the location of the Documents to E:\. I get the following error when I try to start Windows Fax and Scan: Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder. Please ensure that Windows Fax and Scan can access that folder. It runs alright when I have the default location for Documents. Is there a way to make...
May 24th 07 01:31 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 194
Access Denied when trying to connect printers shared from XP Computer by Gay Lynne Kegan
I keep getting Access denied when trying to connect my new vista computer to xp printer through wireless network. I can see the printer but get Access denied error. Please help.
April 3rd 07 06:48 PM
by Cynthia Wargin Go to last post
2 467
Access is denied message when trying to access a remote printer by MarkC
I have a wireless LAN with the printer attached to desktop computer. My Sony VGNFS640 with VISTA Home Premium recognizes the LAN and shows me the remote printer (and shared files) but when I try to have the computer recognize the printer, I get an access denied message. I have disabled the firewall on the desktop but the Access Denied message is still there. Any suggestions?
March 9th 07 12:34 AM
by Barry Go to last post
1 234
Access is Denied when setting up local printer port by [email protected]
Hi, I have 2 vista laptops that are connected over the LAN. One of the vista laptop (laptop A) is connected to a Epson LQ 300 dotmatrix printer locally on the usb port. From the other vista laptop (laptop B) I can browse and print to this network printer through printer sharing. However I have a need to add a local port to laptop B to access this printer as we need to configure the printer name...
February 11th 09 12:27 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 252
Access is denied. by TonyG
I have a HP LaserJet 1000 connected to my desktop computer running XP. I bought a new Laptop that runs Vista. On the Laptop when I "Add a printer" I give the printer's share name. Vista displays a message box that says "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied." The printer connects and works fine with my old XP Laptop and my kids computers. HOW CAN I FIX THIS for my Vista...
July 3rd 07 09:51 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
4 292
Access problem solved! by Tripp Lewis
For a week, I have been trying to connect to a printer attached to a Windows Server 2003. I changed the "owner" settings to myself, etc. and kept getting "Access Denied" messages when I tried to install the printer using Vista RC1. It seems to be a common problem, looking at the Vista support message boards. I turned off the firewall and the annoying User Access Control, and I could install...
November 4th 06 12:46 AM
by Tripp Lewis Go to last post
0 572
ACCESS/EXCEL see no printers by steveyoder
My ACCESS 2007 and EXCEL 2007 see no printers at all, although all my other Office 2007 apps see all of them fine. Message says "You must install a printer before you print." I can preview reports, but not print nor get into page setup. I also have Access 2003 and 97 and both of them have the same problem. I have tried re-installing the Office apps, to no avail. I have tried setting other...
October 8th 09 07:08 PM
by steveyoder Go to last post
0 236
ACCESS/EXCEL see no printers by steveyoder
My ACCESS 2007 and EXCEL 2007 see no printers at all, although all my other Office 2007 apps see all of them fine. Message says "You must install a printer before you print." I can preview reports, but not print nor get into page setup. I also have Access 2003 and 97 and both of them have the same problem. I have tried re-installing the Office apps, to no avail. I have tried setting other...
October 8th 09 07:08 PM
by steveyoder Go to last post
0 343
Accessing installed printers takes several minutes on one user acc by B.K
I have Vista RC1. On one of my user accounts, accessing the printer list either by opening the Printers window or by attempting to print anything takes 1-2 minutes to complete, but sometimes as much as 15 minutes. On other user accounts, the list appears quickly as expected. What could be interfering to cause these delays?
October 29th 06 03:28 AM
by B.K Go to last post
0 604
Acer 620U scanner with Vista Pro by Cee
I saw an comment on how to connect this scanner with a virtual driver setup. I'm trying to find the reply/article. -- Cee
November 15th 07 08:53 AM
by Frank Loizzi Go to last post
1 276
ACER scan 620ST scanner driver install problem with Vista RC2 5744 by James Lynch
I have an Acer SCSI scanner 620ST which works fine with XP but Vista RC2 reports that it finds the driver but cannot install it. Has anyone found a workaround for this problem yet? If I upgraded to Vista in its current state I'd lose use of both my scanner and printer Samsung CLP-500) which is too much to consider.
November 29th 06 10:52 PM
by James Lynch Go to last post
1 576
Acer-Scanner "ScanPrisa 640U" under "Windows Vista Basic" by Stephan Sedelberger
My scanner does no more function under "Vista", because I cannot find/get the necessary driver. Who can help me? Many Thanks!
December 15th 09 02:45 PM
by Stephan Sedelberger Go to last post

From The