Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Fax program by Mhaxx
Could you suggest a *good* program to send/receive fax for Windows Vista and/or Windows XP? (possibly freeware) Massimo
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 10 12:56 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
17 1,314
Reconfigure printer to USB port by Ron Smith
I have upgraded machines and the new machine only has USB ports on it (i.e. no printer parallel port jack). I am having trouble getting my older HP 2100M printer running (i.e. had to switch the old parallel cable out for a USB / parallel cable). Sometimes I see a "USB Printing Support" in the Port list and sometimes i don't. The printer seems to configure OK, but it still doesn't work...
May 24th 10 06:36 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 1,308
Lexmark x1185 install on Vista Home Basic by JohnH[_2_]
First install caused stopped spooler. Got spooler running ok with sc-config command. Then reinstall with driver cjrx1100en from Lexmark. Now printer prints ok, but can't scan. All in one page won't come up-error message lxbkaiox.exe stopped. Same printer is installed on another machine running Vista Home Premium, works fine . JohnH
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 3rd 08 06:24 PM
by salomon Go to last post
13 1,307
Panasonic Quiet KX-P2123 24-pin Dot Matrix Form Printer by aelover77
I _FOR_SURE_ ordered this printer and from what I am understanding the driver is built in my windows Vista system. Does this mean when it gets here I should just be able to plug it in and it will be picked up or??? I also run a HP Photosmart C6280 on my main desktop computer....can both printers be hooked up or could I hook up the dot matrix to my lap top ( which also has vista ) -- aelover77
October 26th 13 08:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
8 1,292
Printer sharing Vista by lmiller4
I receive an error when trying to share a printer..the server does not have the correct print driver installed. The printer is connected to my desktop pc running Vista and works fine. The driver is correct. The laptop is also running Vista. When I go to Add New Printer, the printer is recognized by the laptop. That's when I get the error that the driver is incorrect. --
June 3rd 10 04:52 PM
by jabberw0cky Go to last post
4 1,291
printing from windows mail issues by Psurvis
when trying to print an email from windows mail, the printed email comes out like 4 times the regular font that it should be. I just started having this issue today. I have re-booted and refreshed several times. Nothing helps. Also after printing an email the entire windows mail automatically enlarges fonts. Nothing I do seems to work. This is only happening in windows mail. I can print from...
May 27th 10 11:50 PM
by Psurvis Go to last post
0 1,275
Cannot Print to XP Printer from Vista but I can share files by Rob
I am at my wits end!! I cannot print from my 4 day old Laptop loaded with Vista Home Premium to the printer attached to my XP SP2 Machine. I could print from my previous XP SP2 laptop without problems. On both machines, all firewalls are off, all virus programs are off, all printers are shared, all files are shared, both computers are in the same workgroup, network discovery on, KB922120 is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 27th 09 03:26 PM
by srobitai Go to last post
28 1,236
Prtr Install Error 0X000003eb by Sibuan
My desktop PC o/s is Vista Ultimate and tried to install latest Universal PCL5 Drvr for my HPLJ1200 using USB port. I encountered the following error msg: "Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0X000003eb)" 1) this printer is not shared and is a local printer; 2) running fine with previous version of Universal PCL5 printer driver in Word and Excel 2007 as well...
January 30th 08 07:40 AM
by Sibuan Go to last post
2 1,232
Yet another printer problem by fastillion
Hi y'all, first time poster. Been working on this problem for weeks now, kind of sick of not being able to print stuff. I have a custom built rig that I'll post the major specs for below. I have a brand new (well, 3 week old but still new) Epson stylus NX415. Of course, it doesn't work with my computer. I haven't hooked it up to my windows 7 machine, because that one already has 3 printers...
April 28th 10 07:46 PM
by Americano Go to last post
2 1,200
Lexmark Printer / Error problem communicating with printer by David Bolsega
I have a Lexmark Printer E3300 series. I am having difficultly getting the computer to communicate with the printer. What suggestions are out there to assit? Thank you,
October 23rd 06 07:07 PM
by David Bolsega Go to last post
0 1,199
What does autochk.exe do? by TheOne
One of my application calls EnumPrinter API. It hangs on a PC and exact hanging point is that EnumPrinter call. Namely, EnumPrinter called and it doesn't return. I checked the call stack of the thread when it hanged and found a call via autochk.exe!0xXX. Call stack looked something like : - - - - ntkrnlpa.exe!Something+0xXX ..
February 17th 11 03:40 AM
by TheOne Go to last post
2 1,199
HP Scanjet 5P by Carlos Sánchez
Hello, Despues to obtain that "Vista Windows x86 and x64" recognized my SCSI this sees that 5p has a connected device concretely is a "HP Scanjet" and identifies it like "HP C5110A SCSI Processor Device", gustaria know to me if somebody has been able to make work and mount drivers for this device of which, at the moment I do not want to undo.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 9th 07 08:29 AM
by Charlotte Go to last post
27 1,186
is it possible to share the printer only? by [email protected]
When you turn on file and printer sharing, both file and printer sharing are turned on. Is there a way to turn on printer sharing only? by default, c$ is always shared on windows XP pro, I am not sure about vista/windows 7 home premium. So there is some security risk with file sharing, while there is less risk with printer sharing. The PCs are behind the firewall, however, there is a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 10 11:43 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
16 1,184
Windows Fax & Scan - Outlook Contacts by Bruce Terry
Hi All, Why can't I access my Outlook 2007 contacts from Windows Fax & Scan to enable sending a fax to a particular contact. I am connected to a Windows SBS 2003 Server and am using the Fax server function. It used to work fine before I upgraded the PC to Windows Vista.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 10 08:41 PM
by Peter Go to last post
19 1,176
Windows can't open Add Printer (0x000000c1) by akreiling
I have Vista Home Premium running on my laptop. I have an HP C5280 All-in-One printer on a desktop Vista machine. When I go through the control panel to printers and select "add printer", I get this error message: Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000000c1) What is going on? Thanks!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 12th 08 05:30 PM
by akreiling[_5_] Go to last post
10 1,163
Printer always offline by Goldie
Hi - I recently set up a Brother MCF 665CW on a wireless network with an HP laptop running on Vista. Initially everything worked fine but a few days later (the next time someone tried to print) the laptop showed that the printer was offline. I have tried the following: - made sure "use printer offline" was set (or whichever way around its supposed to be; I did check this with Brother) - pinged...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 24th 09 02:06 PM
by Bob Headrick [MVP] Go to last post
13 1,159
HP All-in-one printers disappearing when there are changes in the network status by mlai
Hi, Just wondering if anybody has seen this problem. HP claims that they have not seen this problem (despite I have reported it before...) I have a Photosmart C6180 installed on my network. Under XP, everything seems to work fine. However, on my Vista x64 machines, the printer and fax seems to disappear when there are changes in the network status (for example, resuming from suspend,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 8th 08 09:52 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
33 1,153
vista office and HP scanner/printer/fax problem by jim
I just installed a new computer with Vista Office and my HP 6110 officejet all-in-one which was working fine with XP prints from the computer, copies from the glass bed and faxes. BUT, it will NOT scan. When I push on the scan button it starts and makes noise like it is going to start. When I go to devices on the control panel it says the 6100 is working. HP no longer offers help on this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 7th 08 02:19 AM
by None Go to last post
20 1,147
Fax with cover page or inline data by JohnA
Hi, if I send something to the fax printer that consists of only an attachment, it works fine. If I go into the fax console, start a fax, and add an attachment, it works fine. However, if I try and add a cover page or add text in the box at the bottom, I get errors such as "The data is Invalid" (text at the bottom) and "A StartDocPrinter call was not issued" (cover page). Anyone have any...
July 11th 11 12:29 PM
by JohnA Go to last post
0 1,134
HP7410 Portrait duplex always prints Head-to-foot by bob
Vista installed the driver for my HP7410, but when I try to print portrait, duplex it always comes out head-to-foot instead of head-to-head. I didn't have this problem using the HP drivers in WindowsXP.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 3rd 09 09:09 PM
by Jakar Go to last post
24 1,129