Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista laptop won't print to Lexmark wifi printer by ahuta
Hi everybody, and thanks in advance for the help! I am trying to get a printer working for a friend of mine and I'm not getting anywhere. He has a newer HP laptop with Vista home premium 32, Belkin wireless-n router, and Lexmark X6570 wifi printer. The router is not used to access the internet, just basically as a print server. I installed the printer in Vista as a standard tcp-ip port and...
March 16th 09 09:15 PM
by Cari Go to last post
1 197
Print hangs in cue when printing Vistax64 to XP by airbusguy
Hope someone can help. Here are the system details: Laptop- HP with Vista Home Premium x64 printing to a HP desktop with XP x32 and a Lexmark 8350 all in one. Print share is enabled on both as well as bidirectional support. I've tried all remedies in the posts to get Vista x64 to print to xp desktop with printer. Here's what I have. When I print to the networked printer the print job window...
January 11th 09 08:04 PM
by airbusguy Go to last post
2 333
Print by áÎÄÒÅÊ ëÏ×ÁÌÅ×
Hi, sorry if my English is terrible :( Have strange problem with printing (VHP) , when I try add printer (local or network - equal) I get message " Operation is cancelled because of restrictions operating for a computer" what should I do ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 08 03:34 PM
by áÎÄÒÅÊ ëÏ×ÁÌÅ× Go to last post
11 545
View a Print-To-File File by ajmplanner
I have stored many dozens files on my hard drive using the Print-To-File option from the standard Print Dialog Box . I need to save these files for auditing purposes but I don't need to print all of them at any time. I know how to print them but I would like to view the files before I print them as I only want to select certain ones for printing based on their content . Anyone out there...
January 11th 07 01:47 AM
by Steve Urbach Go to last post
4 533
Pdf Printing by aking1001
I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with Vista Home Premium 32-bit Service Pack 1, 3 GB of RAM and an HP Laserjet 1020 printer. When I try to print a pdf file the printer disappears from the Print Folder ( I think the service stops running). To enable printing again I have to go to: C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete 2 files: .spl and .shd (one of which appears to be a shockwave flash...
June 24th 08 04:57 PM
by aking1001 Go to last post
0 346
FAIL TO SEND FAX with windows fax and scan by aking_lee
hi guys,i am here in the hope of getting someone help me out. the situation is: PURPOSE: to send fax from my laptop OS:vista sp1 SOFTWAwin fax and scan HARDWAthink pad moden and i am sure i have connected with a CAPABLE phone wire the outcome: the document is pending by administrator.
June 19th 08 02:54 PM
by Sinner Go to last post
6 398
Lost printer icon in Control Panel by akita
I recently uninstalled a printer driver. In the process the uninstaller must have removed the link for the printer control panel applet’s icon. The applet itself still works fine, it just displays a blank white page icon instead of the usual printer icon. I had a look around in the registry, but couldn’t find any links that seemed to make a difference. Perhaps someone here can tell me...
September 29th 07 10:30 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 194
Windows can't open Add Printer (0x000000c1) by akreiling
I have Vista Home Premium running on my laptop. I have an HP C5280 All-in-One printer on a desktop Vista machine. When I go through the control panel to printers and select "add printer", I get this error message: Windows can't open Add Printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000000c1) What is going on? Thanks!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 12th 08 05:30 PM
by akreiling[_5_] Go to last post
10 1,163
RC2 cannot locate a network printer by Al
1. I am running as the local admin on a 32 bit RC2 box. (I can't get profiles to roam properly so I'm running on local accounts:-(((( 2. I am connected to the network and to the domain which is hosted by a pair of Enterprise 2003 servers. 3. Add printer hangs / errors out Explorer when I try to find a network printer. Suggestions please.
October 22nd 06 02:45 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
1 566
Access denied - removing printer by Al
Under a remote desktop session, I get a couple of extra printers (presumably, I added these a long time back). I want to remove them but all efforts so far has not succeeded. The description itself on the printer has "redirected" added at the end. Short of deleting the reference to this printer from the registry which may not be safe, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove a...
September 16th 08 10:48 PM
by Al Go to last post
2 297
faxing problems by Al Cicere
Okay, here goes: I installed the fax solutions driver from my Lexmark All in One. It supposedly installed correctly. The correct modem was found and i get a wonderful graphic for faxing. Each time I click on "send a new fax" I get an error message that says: Fax Ctr.exe has stopped working. I had no trouble with the printer part of my all in one, but see no reason why my fax machine portion...
December 31st 07 02:03 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 228
Vista cannot connect to XP printers by Al Du no
I had a network with two PC's and a laptop, running XP. No problems sharing files or printers. I got a laptop, running Vista, put it in the network. Same workgroup. Can share files between PC's and laptops. Cannot add the XP printers on the Vista laptop, keep getting " Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied. ". Can add printer directly to the Vista laptop and the PC's and...
September 21st 07 02:22 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 276
WHat has MS done to TCP Network Printing? by Al Dykes
This is an anticipatory question. I haven't tried to hook a Vista machine up to a network printer yet. My preferred way to print on a shared printer is via what Unix geeks call LPR/LPRd protocol. It's worked fine from W/98 (With HPJetAdmin installed ), on, but in each OS, Microsoft has completely changed the setup procedure. I expect they have done it yet again. If it's not the same, can...
June 18th 08 06:18 PM
by Bistey Csaba Go to last post
3 324
Lexmark 83x by Alah4
Request info on a patch for windows vista ultimate for a printer LEXMARK 83x print/scan/copy machine urgent. 25/03/07
April 15th 07 02:22 PM
by Alah4 Go to last post
5 245
Windows FAX and SCAN by Alan
I am running Windows 7 and have Windows FAX and SCAN configured and working. The only issue I am having is that the I cannot figure out how to modify the FAX header. Currently it says "FROM: Fax" and I need it to say "FROM: (our companies fax number". Any ideas?
April 9th 10 08:37 PM
by Russ Valentine[_2_] Go to last post
2 698
Windows FAX and SCAN by Alan
I am running Windows 7 and have Windows FAX and SCAN configured and working. The only issue I am having is that the I cannot figure out how to modify the FAX header. Currently it says "FROM: Fax" and I need it to say "FROM: (our companies fax number". Any ideas?
April 9th 10 02:49 PM
by Alan Go to last post
0 411
Paper Stuck in HP Printer by Alan
Hi, I have a piece of paper stuck in my HP Desk Jet 970CSe printer. It started printing and stopped about half way through. I cannot get the paper to come out. Any ideas. Thanks -- Alan
July 10th 07 04:00 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 196
Printing From MSN by Alan Calderon
1) When I print from MSN (Vista) I get very small print I can barely see even though it looks fine on the screen. How do I fix that? 2) One of my printers is an HP Officejet Pro L7780. When my PC tries to automatically get updates from the Web, the update for this always fails. How can I correct that? Thank you!
November 21st 07 12:15 AM
by Alan Calderon Go to last post
2 317
Vista SP1 and HP Deskjet and OfficeJet duplex head to toe issues by Alan Morris [MSFT]
For those people who already have the fix that I sent you please note you need to save the file. I suppose most of the people who did get the GPD file for their printer will only see this after installing SP1. Hopefully HP Support will have a deployable solution by the time SP1 is widely released. Thanks for pointing this out Jerry From: W L Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 9:02 AM
December 14th 07 05:46 PM
by mayjacks Go to last post
3 453
"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device" by Alan Morris [MSFT]
pick up this hot fix if the list of printers in the manufacture model page does not contain 100s of entries. Error message when you try to install a new hardware device in Windows Vista: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device" http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937187
February 12th 08 05:38 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post

From The