Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Panasonic Printing Problem by D.Olde-Guy
My KX-P1123 does not print in response to the "Print" command from Vista Home Basic. It worked well when connected to Win98. I don't think the printer is at fault because it does print in response to inputs from its Control Table. I am using the correct printer cable . . . "USB to Centronix 36 parallel printer. Vista's Control Panel/Printers shows the KX-P1123 is installed. The Panasonic...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 9th 08 11:49 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
17 771
Connect Vista Fax to Server 2003 cannot create fax account by CoDer
I am running Vista Business, and am trying to setup faxing with Vista's built-in Windows Fax and Scan. I do not have a modem, and so I'm trying to connect to the fax on a Windows Server 2003 R2 server. This is a "standard" Server 2003, that is, it is *not* SBS (Small Business Server). The server is a domain controller, but the Vista PC is not on the domain. However, both computers are on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 08 08:28 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
17 961
Windows Contacts replaced by Outlook Contacts by bammbamm94
I installed Outlook 2003 on my computer which has Vista Ultimate so I could use a Dell Axim. Now when I go to fax a document using Windows Fax and Scan and try to select a contact, Outlook Contacts is displayed instead of Windows Contacts. It won't let me choose to use Windows Contacts either. I tried using Default Programs to associate Windows Contacts with it's defaults but that didn't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 23rd 09 11:43 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
17 669
Epson Perfection V200 Photo Scanner by John
I cannot install an Epson Perfection V200 Photo Scanner on my Vista Home Premium equipped PC. Epson technical support personnel have been zero help. This is a new model scanner that is supposed to work with Vista. I have used the software disk that came with the scanner, and I have downloaded and used the latest driver from the Epson website. I have installed, uninstalled, and installed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 2nd 08 06:01 AM
by blazinbear82[_3_] Go to last post
17 418
Help - can't install HP g85xi with new vista notebook by John Gee
HP says drivers are bundled with Vista. Vista does not have g series in windows update as I tried adding a printer manually. Any idea?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 5th 09 07:17 PM
by Kennster Go to last post
17 606
brother MFC-9600 vista 64 print drivers not working by domenchini
I am having issues with the built in brother MFC-9600 multifunction printer drivers. The printer only prints out a blank page. I contacted Brother support and determined that it is not a hardware issue as we were able to emulate the brother printer driver using the built in HP Laserjet IIP driver. Using the HP driver, the document prints (but not at a decent resolution that the brother is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 12th 09 06:35 PM
by PhantomEngineer Go to last post
17 741
Fax program by Mhaxx
Could you suggest a *good* program to send/receive fax for Windows Vista and/or Windows XP? (possibly freeware) Massimo
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 10 12:56 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
17 1,314
Windows Server 2003 R2 32bit Print Server supporting Vista 64 bit by DB
I apologize if this question has been asked before but what is the trick to support Vista 64 bit print drivers and queues from a "legacy" Windows Server 2003 R2 32bit print server? Is there a “how-to” document from Microsoft? I need to be able to allow 64bit Vista users to just double click a printer on 2003 (32bit) and have the queue and driver seamless create/download just like we do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 5th 09 05:50 PM
by Hank Taylor Go to last post
17 501
Add Printer Not Working - Vista Home Premium by Rick_Hugh
I have an Epson Stylus c84 Inkjet that, according to the Epson support page, should already have drivers in Vista (I should just be able to plug in the printer, Vista will see it and load the appropriate driver, etc). However, Vista cannot find the correct driver and asks for the original driver CD, to which I try anyway and it still does not work. I contacted Epson who suggested I try and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 10 07:22 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
17 967
HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER by steve
Hello: I recently purchased an Acer Aspire X1200 with Windows Vista 64 (Service pack 1) pre-installed. While recognizing my HP Laserjet 1000 printer, it does not accept the drivers from the disk with the printer and HP did not make a 64 bit driver available for that model. Searching the web, several solutions were proposed such as using a different driver or bypassing the requirement for a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 10 08:18 AM
by halobest Go to last post
16 1,006
Where did my faxes go? No sent items? by Jerry
I do remember this was an issue when I switched from XP to Vista. I solved it then, but don't remember the solution. Now I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2007 Standard and the issue is there again. All my received faxes are in My Documents/Fax/Inbox and those that I sent are in My Documents/Fax/SentItems. When I run the Windows Fax and Scan app, I can see all the faxes...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 27th 09 08:50 AM
by Jfrm Go to last post
16 848
is it possible to share the printer only? by [email protected]
When you turn on file and printer sharing, both file and printer sharing are turned on. Is there a way to turn on printer sharing only? by default, c$ is always shared on windows XP pro, I am not sure about vista/windows 7 home premium. So there is some security risk with file sharing, while there is less risk with printer sharing. The PCs are behind the firewall, however, there is a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 10 11:43 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
16 1,184
Networked HP Printer Problem by Jon C22
I have an HP LaserJet 4600n connected to my network. Vista finds it and installs the driver that comes with Vista no problem and could print for the first day. Now it will not print. I can ping the printer, I can use the remote web administration for the printer but all print jobs just back-up in the queue and give an unidentified error. I've tried restarting both printer and computer. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 25th 07 01:49 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
16 475
Win Fax and Scan Set up by BillG
I have the vista premium and I'm trying to set up the win fax for cable, through comcast in spokane wa. I have three fax pending and not sent. It says that I have to set it up on the server. I have no clue about setting it up, and I am the system admin on my personal computer. The other issue is the dialing rules do not work. I do not want the win fax to dial +1 for a local number. -- Never...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 12th 08 09:16 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
16 509
Printer Sharing by Kathy
I have a laptop running Vista and PC running XP. Wireless connection via router. I want to share the printer currently attached to the PC. I have enabled all printer sharing devices, enabled sharing in all firewalls. The printer is shown on the laptop as "ready", but whenever I try to print everything goes into queue. And the only way I can get it out of queue is be stopping the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 27th 07 11:58 PM
by mathews2010[_19_] Go to last post
16 671
Can't Print multiple copies by DeAnn in No. California
When I try to print more than one copy of a flyer with 4 photos on it, the printer is only printing out one. This is only a problem on my Vista laptop. My XP laptop prints them fine. Also, on my Vista laptop, if I only have 2 photos on the flyer it prints more than one copy but as soon as I add the third one, it will only print one copy when I ask it to print 5. This was not a problem a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 07 04:00 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
16 755
Missing FAx capability in Vista Premium by thedummy
Sending faxes with my old XP/ HP All in one used to be a cinch. Now that I have a Vista machine, suddenly I can't fax anymore ... HP says that Vista does not provide faxing capabilites. It that correct??? Faxing worked fine in XP - Vista was supposed to be an upgrade; where is my fax capability? I would have never bought Vista had I known it lacks this service! What is the work around,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 4th 07 12:27 AM
by Tom Ponta Go to last post
16 624
Windows Vista Faxing by Brian
After installing Vista my fax function has stopped working. I have tried to find the solution and one was to click on all programs and go to "windows scan and fax". The problem with that is that on my computer there is no Windows scan and fax function. Any suggestions on how to find the windows scan and fax function?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 20th 08 11:09 PM
by pagelsr Go to last post
16 577
SHAME ON MS ! by CPickens
MS has screwed the consumer once again ! Look at all these problems ! The only thing that will cause them to admit they blew it is another lawsuit. Look at all these damned network printing problems. Call MS they say Call The computer Mfg Company. Call the Computer Mfg Compnay and they Say its a Vista Problem. Then MS WIL NOT SUPPORT THIER OWN SYSTEM WITHOUT WANTING TO CHARGE $75 an Hr. !!! ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 26th 07 03:39 AM
by Josh Go to last post
16 423
new konica-minolta printer magicolor 4650, with lots of printerdrivers (win 7) by c++ newbie!
Hello, I bought a new konica-minolta printer: Magicolor 4650 DN. It comes with lots of printer drivers. I use Windows 7 64 bit. I think the printer installed itself when I plugged it into the network router (linksys). Windows 7 found the printer and I added the printer and it seem to work, including settings / properties for duplex / grayscale / color / page layout / number of pages per sheet...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 09 02:09 PM
by NewIT Go to last post

From The