Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Fax Software by Doug[_16_]
I would like the opinion of the MVP's . Which software at reasonable price works well in Vista Home Premium and up coming 7?? I used office 2003.Since I built this new PC ,No more Office in Vista. Thanks for all suggestions!!! (if any)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 10 08:45 AM
by adwardzen Go to last post
18 1,116
Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner driver for Vista by daidainius
Hello. I have use Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner. Unfortunatelly I can't found any compatabile Vista driver for him. :( Mustek website do not provide Vista drivers at present (I ask them). Had somebody same problem? Please suggest some solution or reply any comments. Thanks for attention :)
August 1st 09 09:12 AM
by SalVatore Go to last post
6 1,110
unable to print to OneNote 2007 in protected mode by Michael Wright
I have two machines with Vista Home Premium SP1. I've discovered recently (since SP1 install) that I cannot print to my "Send to OneNote 2007" printer driver out of IE when it is operating in the Protected Mode. This is happening on two machines. Is this a known issue? Is this something that will be resolved? Thanks.
May 9th 08 02:10 PM
by Michael Wright Go to last post
0 1,099
Cannot fax from Vista on a Small Business Server fax by Roland
We are currently upgrading to Vista (final release). Our SBS 2003 has a Fax server installed. The fax server is published in the directory. Somehow, Vista does not recognize this fax server. As soon as we try to connect to the SBS fax server, Vista starts some new "Windows Fax and Scan". However, we are not able to connect to SBS fax from this "Windows Fax and Scan". Any idea, how to send...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 5th 07 07:03 AM
by Renu Bhattar \(MSFT\) Go to last post
21 1,097
HP refusing to provide printer drivers for Photosmart 1115 by Suffolk Punch
Hello all & Microsoft, I have been trying to download a driver for the HP Photosmart 1115. HP say: We are sorry to inform you that there will be no Windows Vista printer driver available for your HP product. Therefore your product will not work with Windows Vista. If you are using the Windows Vista operating system on your computer, please consider upgrading to a newer HP product that is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 27th 09 11:21 PM
by Sue R[_2_] Go to last post
24 1,094
Where is printer spool data going and why? by developer28
Hi, I am debugging an issue for my product and it is important to me where the printer spool data is going. All my machines are Windows 7. When i give a print for a particular printer from one Windows 7 machine, the spool data goes to C:\windows\system32\spool\printers. On another Windows 7 machine the spool data goes to c:\windows
May 16th 11 09:19 AM
by developer28 Go to last post
0 1,091
Lexmark Z515 by Sir Myles
I have a Lexmark Z515 printer that uses the Lexmark 510 printer driver. Windows Vista RC1 installed the driver and it shows up in the printer list. However, every time I try and print a test page, I get a communication error saying Windows cannot communicate with the printer. It uses a USB port. Does anyone know why this is happening and is there a workaround? Any help is appreciated.
October 16th 06 07:40 PM
by mikeyhsd Go to last post
1 1,090
Can't configure tcp/ip printer port-Error loading the Tcp Mib Libr by khuggart
I installed Vista RC1 and a network printer via print server. When Vista installed it saved all of my applications/docs to a folder called windows.old. I subsequently had to reinstall all of my software applications to run under Windows Vista. Since I've reinstalled everything I realized my IP address keeps changing on my printer and takes my installed printer offline. I corrected the IP...
November 16th 06 08:51 PM
by khuggart Go to last post
2 1,079
Spooler not working correctly by Portland Pete
A few days ago, my Brother 2070 laser printer would not print. Documents sent to the printer showed up in the Printer app as "Document sent to printer --deleting", but the printer would not fire. Thinking that the printer was not working, I bought a new Brother 2240, which after installation exhibited the same behavior. The printer app and printer properties seemed to be working OK in that it...
October 15th 10 06:26 PM
by Portland Pete Go to last post
0 1,076
Printing from IE8 by Greg Taylor
on a vista 64bit system suddenly when I try to print anything from IE8 it prints the page with HTML code. prints from Outlook Express, or text files with no problems. The "other" browser works fine. TIA Gt
June 27th 11 09:42 PM
by Greg Taylor Go to last post
0 1,076
How do I remove printer drivers in Windows 7 without print managem by Jorgen
Background: Installed a network printer on a new laptop that bluescreened, now I can't access the print properties atc without getting an error and can't get to print preferences at all. I have reinstalled, removed, installed this printer half a dozen times after this but even choosing to replace printer driver doesn't help at all. The obvious next step is to remove the driver itself but I...
May 22nd 10 11:48 AM
by shelyronald Go to last post
4 1,074
Vista with an HP5pse SCSI scanner by [email protected]
Does anyone know if an old SCSI HP5pse scanner will work with Vista? If you have found upgraded drivers to accomplish this please post. TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 16th 07 11:35 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
39 1,073
HP Scanjet 5200C in Vista, anyone? by Adams G.H.
We have HP Scanjet 5200C scanner. We are in process of upgrade our computer to Dell running in Vista. We found NO HP Scanjet 5200C drivers for Vista. We tried but failed to load HP Scanjet 5200C drivers (was HP XP drivers) in Vista. Can anyone tell me what scanning freeware works on Vista and HP Scanjet 5200C?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 10 02:46 PM
by YZ1 Go to last post
19 1,065
Can not open Add Printer 0x000006e6 error by Drew
Hi A PC lost it list of network printers. However, a reboot restored the printer list. This has moved on to no printers showing and can't add a printer, as user or administartor. 'Windowcan't open Add printer. Operatin could not be completed. error 0x000006e6'
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 4th 10 08:12 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
12 1,055
Deskjet 5850 driver substitute? by Steven Blodgett
Knowing this is a silly thought... Here I am on wonderful Windows Vista RC1, trying to install a HP Deskjet 5850 series. Already checked HP, they were of no help. It's set up on the wireless network, and while Windows could find the printer, the IP it was on, and all that, when it comes to built-in drivers, it seems that Windows Vista is obviously missing them. Can anybody recommend to me...
September 11th 06 09:45 PM
by Steven Blodgett Go to last post
0 1,050
Vista X64 can't print to shared Vista X86 by KawaiDon
On my home network I have a main computer with 2 printers attached, and shared. I can connect and print from another Vista X86 computer and from an XP x86 machine. The network configuration is all correct and working well, except for this one printer glitch. I just built a new computer with Vista X64, and am stymied by my HP Laserjet P3005. I cannot get it connected over the network, as I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 2nd 08 11:14 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
20 1,047
Vista Ultimate Print Driver by Ben
I am looking for help with installing the print driver for Samsung ML-2010 onto my laptop that is running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. When I tried to install the driver on my laptop, all I got was an error message saying that "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers" I also have a desktop that is running the 64 bit version of Vista...
July 19th 08 06:59 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
6 1,039
Vista x64 TCP/IP Printing Issues by conagan
Greetings, I have been searching for some time for an answer for this issue but i have not yet been able to find a fix. PROBLEM: I cannot add a TCP/IP Printer attached to my network. System Information: Gateway 6860 Laptop Windows Vista Home Premium x64
November 29th 09 05:14 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 1,037
Should I upgrade to Service pack 2? by David De
I have a computer that is internet free (that I bought from a friend) - I don't use it for the internet at all, just graphic programs. I am using Windows Vista 64 bit edition and I was thinking about upgrading. Is it worth it? Is it a hassle?
April 1st 11 03:10 PM
by David De Go to last post
0 1,036
Print Spooler Not Running by ToddW
In my 64-bit installation, the print spooler server suddenly stopped running (and will not restart). I've tried cleaning out registry keys (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print), deleting the files out of Windows (C:\Windows\System32\spool) to no avail. The system log contains many of these: Error Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider 7034 None The application...
April 4th 08 04:11 PM
by Scottwei Go to last post
4 1,036

From The