Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Error printing to my DBT-320 by taylor
Hi, I have a D-Link Bluetooth-320 print server that I can't get Vista to talk to correctly. I can install the printer that is on the server, and get Vista to recognise that the printer is out there waiting to be used, but each time I try to print a test page, it asks for a Passkey - which the server does not require. Is there a way to install the print server and print to it bypassing or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 21st 07 09:12 AM
by Richard B Go to last post
10 397
can't print from ie by John A Grandy[_2_]
Vista Ultimate. IE7. Occasionally, IE gets into this mode where it won't print anything. The printer is fine ( other apps print , including driver test page ). Restart doesn't necessarily help. What could be going on ?
May 21st 08 11:58 AM
by Christopher[_4_] Go to last post
1 397
Using a script to set the default printer at start up after adding it by SlickRCBD
How do I set the default printer using a batch file? Due to problems with a win98se printer share that ONLY happens with Vista 64 HP, I need to reinstall the printer every time I reboot. With help in previous posts, I have the following technically two-line batch file so far: rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dl /n "hp812c" /c\\GATEWAY rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /if /b "HP812c"...
October 21st 09 03:07 PM
by SlickRCBD Go to last post
0 397
Windows Vista Lemark - will only print last page of all documents by Sharon
I'm having problems with my Lexmark Z1480 printer. It will only print the last page of all documents. It recognises that they are more than one page but still only prints the last page. I have had the following 2 error messages: 1. Spooler sub system app stopped working and closed 2. Job status windows interface has stopped working To fix these I selected LPD and LPR and unselected...
March 3rd 08 02:08 AM
by RaslDasl Go to last post
2 397
windows sub system spool error and 0x000006be by Mentos
hi, when deleting a printer in control panel, i get a 0x000006be error. any ideas? i use vista business regards, -- MS SBS 2003 SP2
November 11th 07 04:09 PM
by Mentos Go to last post
2 397
IE7 Prints Only header/Footer by malckelly
When I print from IE7 on Vista the page that comes out only contains a header and a footer. In the footer there is reference to "file://C:/temp\Low/randomString.htm" which I guess is some sort of temp file that it creates. The same page is seen even when I do a print preview. However, this only happens when I am logged in as a standard user. If I log in as administrator and print,...
October 30th 09 09:49 PM
by rbrzezinski1 Go to last post
3 397
paperport error at startup by Lenny
Hi, I have Vista and have loaded a Bother all in one printer. This all worked fine for about three weeks but now when I restart the computer I get an scansoft paperport error message. Here is the message copied to notepad. #75-(0x4B)-Path/File access error (frmMain : Form_Load) #75-(0x4B)-Path/File access error (frmMain : DoFirstRunSetup) I only have to close the error message box because...
August 11th 07 09:39 PM
by OhioLou Go to last post
3 397
Ink Level indicator for Lexmark 5650 by vkprivate
Hello all, I use LEXMARK 5650 and VISTA HOME BASIC 32 bit. After replacement of colour ink cartridge (clone of course...) ink level indicator - ruler - appears with a big questionary mark on it. Also, when I press setup button on the printer and go to ink level settings I see questionary mark "?". (For black ink I get a number, like 32%...). What can I do, e.g. how to tell the system/driver that...
December 5th 09 07:30 AM
by vkprivate Go to last post
0 396
FAIL TO SEND FAX with windows fax and scan by aking_lee
hi guys,i am here in the hope of getting someone help me out. the situation is: PURPOSE: to send fax from my laptop OS:vista sp1 SOFTWAwin fax and scan HARDWAthink pad moden and i am sure i have connected with a CAPABLE phone wire the outcome: the document is pending by administrator.
June 19th 08 02:54 PM
by Sinner Go to last post
6 396
Windows Fax and Scan by grosales
Don't send but receives OK. I tried everything I know, which aint much... I always get:"Can not be send the media is write protected"Help please Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
October 19th 09 03:39 PM
by grosales Go to last post
0 396
Adding a Network Printer by RobFJ
I've got an HP Laserjet 2200D connected to a pc that runs Server 2003. That printer is working fine as does printing to it from a couple of workstations running XP Pro. (Port name is DOT4_001.) However, I've just got a new desktop pc that runs Vista 64 and I'm having difficulty connecting it as a network printer. If I go through the conventional route of automatically finding the printer...
October 30th 08 03:25 PM
by beoweolf Go to last post
1 396
Slow Printer in Vista by siphoto
Lexmark X3350 (All In One). First installed on a Windows XP machine. No problems. Bought a new computer with Vista (yucka) and now I have issues with the printer. When I go to print a Word doc. or anything else for that matter, it (the printer software/driver) tries to acess the internet (firewall tells me so). It never did that in XP. I thought I might have selected to share the...
November 30th 07 09:15 AM
by Dave_R Go to last post
2 395
can you purchase windows fax and scan without having to get ultima by Adrian
I have windows home premium. I need to be able to fax. It is not worth pying $159 to upgrade to ultimate because i do not need the other items. does any one know of options?
July 2nd 08 07:08 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 394
Can't delete printer - Access Denied by Bill
A friend has a Toshiba laptop running Vista Home. He has a printer that cannot be deleted. When I attempt to delete the printer from Control Panel | Printers I get an "accesss denied" error. The printer had five documents in the queue. I cannot cancel the documents (no error message is given). There are two user accounts on the computer. I have tried to delete the printer from both accounts and...
June 25th 08 12:23 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
8 394
HP 7300--print queue won't clear by grandmalj
the print queue won't clear so nothing new can print. the test page is in the queue and says deleting, but it never does. consequently, nothing going into the queue will print. I can't figure our how to get the queue to clear so i can start fresh. rebooting the computer doesn't fix it.... help!!!!!!!
June 18th 08 12:02 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
4 394
Printers not installed message by seamus99
I am running Vista Ultimate SP2, and every day when we come into the office and try and print from an application (word, Access, Outlook) we get a message saying printers not installed. Forcing us to go into the control panel and selecting the printer and making it the default. This has been happening consistently for the last week. -- seamus99
April 5th 10 03:27 PM
by seamus99 Go to last post
0 394
Dell 1150 XP to E1705 Vista questions by LeAnn
We recently set up my husband's E1705 (with Vista), instead of my older and slower (painfully slow at times) 1150 (with XP). I installed the 'drivers and utilities' software from CD onto the 1705. After many attempts with no printing, I now see that neither the printer nor our digital camera are on the 'compatible' list for Vista. Is there anything that we can do so that we don't have to...
July 5th 08 02:17 AM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post
4 393
Vista Printer Drivers by Cecil A. Fountain Sr
I need Vista drivers for an HP Deskjet 6122 Printer, also one for a HP deskjet 6540 Printer
April 14th 08 07:31 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 393
Deskjet 712c not recognized by meerkat
The Windows Vista on my new computer is not recognizing my Deskjet 712c printer. My research tells me there's no need to download, devices are ready to use. Windows is supposed to automatically install and I can't add a local printer. I did just purchase the USB cable for the printer. I've reconnected the cable a few times and hear the little signal when it connects, but my printer does not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 11th 07 09:42 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
10 393
Windows Photo Gallery does not list printer by Luc Balemans
I sent the message below to the "microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video" community on 8 Jun. One reply so far, but no workable solution yet. Would the present community have the answer? ******** Running Vista Home Premium. I have 2 printers installed, 1 USB and 1 network printer. I can use them in any application (Word, Excel...) except in Windows Photo Gallery. The only printer...
June 18th 08 09:08 PM
by Luc Balemans Go to last post

From The