Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
New member by Billy47harvey
Just to say hi to you all and I hope that I may be able to help some of you with Vista problems as I am sure that you will help me too. :) -- Billy47harvey Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
March 7th 10 01:35 PM
by Billy47harvey Go to last post
0 385
printer users by jimmyc1968
is it possible to restrict certain users from printing in color while allow other full access? -- jimmyc1968 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
January 7th 10 05:28 PM
by jimmyc1968 Go to last post
0 385
Unable to create print object by JohnBoy
I recently purchased a Lexmark Pro700 Series All-in-One Wi-Fi printer. I set it up on my network without much difficulty. I then loaded the printer drivers onto two Dell Insprions (one laptop operating VISTA, one desk top operating Windows 7) without difficulty. I then was able to load it up on a HP Laptop (operating Xp) and they all connected and was able to print. HOWEVER, I attempted...
December 31st 09 03:51 AM
by JohnBoy Go to last post
0 385
Scanner driver for HP Laserjet 3330 by ASMU72
Hi All,We have HP Laserjet 3330 MFP and it was previously working on Windows XP. Now we have migrated to Windows Vista and installed drivers for HP 3330. All printing functions are working properly but when try to scan thru HP Laserjet Scan Control Viewer system gives message 'Unable to Communicate with thr device the device is disconnected or powered off'. Anyon have solution to this problem?...
March 17th 10 09:41 AM
by ASMU72 Go to last post
0 384
please help.. anyone.. by jmxmak89
i have an acer scanprisa 640u and windows vista TM 32 bit.. i lost the cd for installing it .. what can i do ? i've tried VueScan but it can't find the scaner .. -- jmxmak89
November 5th 08 08:37 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 384
Printing from Vista to a USB Printer Connected to Windows XP by John Goche
Hello, I have a Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1 operating system running on a wireless laptop connected to a router connected to a PC which is running Windows XP and has a Lexmark printer connected to it via a USB port. I want to print on it from the Vista laptop. How can I go about doing it?
July 20th 09 04:51 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 384
Deskjet 4180 & Win Vista 6.0 SP2 by Chester
I have a Deskjet 4180 on an Acer PC running Vista 6.0 SP2. Every time I awaken my computer from hibernation or sleep, my computer re-installs my printer. It creates another printer name - HP Deskjet 4100 series (copy N), and makes it my default printer. It does not delete any other printers; but does disconnect the previous default printer (HP Deskjet 4200 series (copy N-1)). When I...
October 31st 09 02:50 AM
by Chester Go to last post
0 384
Windows fax & scan - Vista Business. by dddppp
Hello I have been trying to utilise Windows fax and scan on a Vista Business x32 machine. When I try and add an account and set the programme up: Tools- Fax accounts- Add- Connect to fax modem- Enter name- Next-
March 4th 10 11:38 AM
by dddppp Go to last post
0 384
Can't Connect to Network Printer by [email protected]
I'm trying to connect my HP Photosmart printer to my Windows Vista laptop through my home network. When I open the network folder, I can see the printer, but the add a printer wizard can't find it on the network. This worked before - I've printed from this laptop to the same printer before, but I deleted the connection on my computer when I went back to college. Are there any settings that I...
July 10th 08 10:14 PM
by umbrellasys Go to last post
2 384
Printer driver update needed message reappears by John
I have a Vista Biz laptop running on a Windows 2003 SP2 domain with GPMC SP1 installed on the Domain Controller. I have tried to use this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946225 Page 9 of 11 to resolve the issue where I get "Printer driver update needed message reappears" in the properties of a Xerox printer that is being accessed by a 2003 print server. The user can update the...
July 8th 08 07:41 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 383
Printing problem with minolta 2300 DL by tlshaw
I recently purchased a laptop with Vista Home Premium. The printer is connected to the wireless hub and works fine with our 2 laptops running XP. I followed Konica's instructions for installing the printer. I can print a test page fine. Also, in I go into printer properties as an administrator I can print a test page. However, I can't print from any applications such as word. I have deleted...
November 19th 07 04:38 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
8 383
test by w4rv
test
July 25th 07 06:43 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
2 383
Can not install Canon MP210 by jwskms
I just puchased a new Gateway computer and printer package. The Gateway is a FX7020 and the printer is a Canon MP210. The OS is Vista Home Premium. I followed the installation instructions to the letter, but the printer software never recognizes the printer and as a result does not complete the installation. I have rebooted as directed, but the problem persists.
March 11th 08 04:44 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 383
Network printer stops printing when IP address changes by 5Circles[_2_]
I'm using Vista Home Premium. I have a Brother 5170DN (direct network connection) that has been working fine with my older computers running earlier Windows versions. The trouble is that when the IP address of the printer changes, Vista is no longer able to print to it, so I end up having to reinstall. The reinstallation adds a new TCP/IP port into the driver, and then it works fine...
January 22nd 08 05:40 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 383
help by cdatherine
since i got this windows vista I cant use the printing programs like (Printmaster) for making cards..Is there a printing program that is compatable with vista or what can i do..HELP..All the printmaster or printshop only go up to windows xp..help!
September 29th 07 09:03 PM
by Sam Korson Go to last post
2 383
Printing Properties by PhoenixBird
My printer is shared on the wireless network through another computer. When I click on Properties, the system seems to work for a few seconds and then a window opens and closes before I can do anything. I am the sole user of this computer and I have admin access.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 20th 07 06:19 PM
by Rob Go to last post
10 382
Printer won't stay installed by CLK in NY
I'm running Windows Vista, but I have a PSC all in one that was originally programmed for Windows XP. I have gone to the PSC manufacturer and obtained an updated driver for the PSC, and I can install it and use the printer, but when I shut the computer down and restart it the driver does not stay installed. I have to re-install the driver every time I start the computer. Is there a way to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 8th 08 02:26 PM
by Michael Go to last post
11 382
0x0006b by ITNEWBIE
I am getting this code on many computers recently updated to vista I reset the printer spooler it still does not work. I can not figure this out I read that the printer drivers but it is more than one networked computer??????????????????????????????????????????? -- ITNEWBIE ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ITNEWBIE's Profile:...
July 16th 09 04:27 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 382
I can't get scanners to work in Vista by gecko[_3_]
I am testing VISTA Ultimate and find that I cannot get any of my older scanners to scan - nor can I find VISTA drivers for them. I have 1) HP PSC950 AIO (It prints however) 2) MUSTEK 1200LP 3) UMAX POWERLOOK II Anyone out there have any luck getting any of the above to scan in
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 08 10:32 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
14 382
No Fax and Scan Capability in Vista Home Premium by Heinrich
What was Microsoft thinking when they decided to omit fax and scan capabilities from Windows Vista Home editions of the new(?) operating system. I recently upgraded from XP Home Edition to Vista Home Premium for the security and usability benefits promoted by Microsoft. Now that I want to send a fax I find that this newer but somewhat dumber version of Windows has no such capability. Come...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 09 02:48 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post

From The