Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista cant find drivers for deskjet 5740 by qbanrocker
I have a hp deskjet 5740 printer. On my computer (windows vista home premium) it detects the printer but cannot find the drivers for it and this printer works on my sisters laptop which has vista aswell. Please Help. -- qbanrocker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ qbanrocker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/qbanrocker.htm
September 13th 08 11:57 PM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
2 388
Unable to print over a wireless network by [email protected]
I have three computer connected via a network. I would like to print using my wireless connection on my laptop when in another room. When the printers are hard wired via the network any computer can print on any printer. However, if I move the notebook to another room and try to print over the wireless connection nothing happens. All of the drivers for the three printers are installed on each...
September 13th 08 01:25 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 480
Cannot Create Fax Account by Domini
Hia All. I am unable to find anything resembling a Fax Account setup on my Windows Vista Home Premium machine. I have search the Web extensively to try and resolve this issue, but have had no luck. Everybody says you need to go to "Scan and Fax", under All Programs. My problem is that I have no such menu option anywhere.
September 12th 08 12:00 PM
by Russ Go to last post
7 552
Slow Printer Speed by 1on1spanish
I am running Vista Home Premium edition on an Everex stepnote 2053 I am connected wirelessly to a router and I have an XP machine connected via ethernet it has an HP1100 printer attached to it via parallel cable. I used to be able to print easily to it. Then a few month my everex stopped recognizing the printer. I just made do for a couple of months and then tried adding the printer.
September 11th 08 03:48 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 360
printer problems hp4160 by cdooher
I have been have problems with my prints spooling. Some times it prints fine and other times i have to restart the computer and then it prints. When I restart the spooler it does not and i have to delete the printer and reinstall in order to get it to work but it is only temporary. I find my self reinstalling my printer 3-4 times a day. Any help would be great. -- cdooher
September 11th 08 03:46 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 361
Color Laserjet Shared From XP won't print by Linda44
The HP Color Laserjet cp1215 which is shared from an XP PC prints fine from 3 XP PC's. The Vista PC (running Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1) can send text documents which print OK, but if I send a graphics file from the Vista PC, the file appears in the HP's queue, then just disappears after 20 seconds or so without the printer's ever indicating that it was even trying to print. WHAT I HAVE...
September 10th 08 09:06 PM
by Linda44[_2_] Go to last post
2 3
Fix IE7's printing problems by ValcomTech
I can no longer print from IE7 after installing the latest Microsft updates -- printing from other applications is unaffected. After some research I discovered there are 1000's of users with the same problem. I can print from IE 7 if I turn Protected Mode off, as suggested by a community member. Why can't Microsoft deliver less buggy software? This poor testing and buggy software cost me...
September 10th 08 05:22 PM
by Gary Campbell - Vista Business Version Go to last post
2 406
HELP! by Ty McConnell[_3_]
I've copied and pasted my e-mail from yesterday he Both my host computer and routed computer are using Windows Vista Home Premium. I've been having many problems trying to share my printer with my new, routed computer on a wireless network connection. I have set up printer sharing and my default printer on both computers. Problem 1:
September 10th 08 05:02 PM
by Ty McConnell[_3_] Go to last post
6 480
Print spooler stops running by Kenny
I have a Gateway laptop running Vista Home Premium. I also have a Dell 4600 on which I have a Epson Stylus Color 600 installed. I can share this printer with another computer running Windows 98SE with no problem. When I try to add this printer and share it with laptop on my network I get the message telling me that the spooler subsystem has stopped running. When I restart it and reboot I...
September 10th 08 03:34 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
5 425
Lexmark X74 Printer by Hecman
*-:huh:Hello, I am running Vista on Laptop and trying to upload Lexmark Driver Software (X74 Older)....it starts to install but does not "finish"....all installation progress dialogue disappears from screen , how can I tell if software has been sucessfully uploaded? I cannot see any Lexmark programs in the "uninstall program" listing and I keep receiving "Internet Explorer Script Error ..."...
September 9th 08 07:25 AM
by pguroo Go to last post
3 410
Strange Cover Page Issue w/Fax & Scan by Ex_Brit[_5_]
I've tried disabling and re-enabling WFS to no avail. If you look at the thumbnails, the first one has all the usual cover pages plus my one personal one and they work if I open them. If, however, I click "New Fax" (thumbnail2) the drop-down cover pages are all blank, and not only that, the list appears twice, so I have the choice of twice the number of blank cover pages. How can I repair WFS?
September 8th 08 08:42 PM
by Ex_Brit[_5_] Go to last post
2 376
Now Not Able to Print from My Host Computer by Ty McConnell[_3_]
Both my host computer and routed computer are using Windows Vista Home Premium. I've been having many problems trying to share my printer with my new, routed computer on a wireless network connection. I believe I have correctly set up printer sharing and my default printer on both computers. Problem 1: Today, I find that I'm not able to print from my host computer. When I check "Printer...
September 8th 08 02:53 PM
by Ty McConnell[_3_] Go to last post
0 331
Unable to scan and save a PDF by ASUfan2000
I just bought an HP Officejet Pro L7555 and my OS is Vista Home Professional. When I try to scan and save a PDF file, I keep getting a message that says "Destination Component has stopped working (A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available)". A PDF file is created, but when I open the file, a box...
September 7th 08 12:36 AM
by a4adf Go to last post
2 390
Shared Printer Problem by tymcconnell
I have set up my Canon printer to be shared with my second, routed, computer. However, I'm not able to print from my second computer. I receive an "Error - Sent to Printer" message in my printer queue. Is it possible that the problem is that I have the wrong ports selected in both computers. If that's the problem, how do I find the name or number of the port in my
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 6th 08 03:14 PM
by Ty McConnell[_3_] Go to last post
11 643
Removing network printers by RBM
Hello, On my system I once installed two networkprinters what I have forgotten all about. Now I cannot access the printers and I want them been removed from my system. Every time I say remove (even with administrator rights) the system tells me that it is not possible to remove the printer because it cannot establish a connection to the printer. Does anyone know how I could remove the...
September 6th 08 01:25 PM
by Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)[_1118_] Go to last post
2 324
hshshh by jorge[_3_]
adbswjkjwkhwiwejjddlka
September 6th 08 06:01 AM
by jorge[_3_] Go to last post
0 361
scanner by staquet
is there a place to find a pilot for HP scanjet 5300c Thanks ms
September 5th 08 12:04 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 335
Port Problem with Routed Computer by Ty McConnell
This is an addition to my original e-mail: I've discovered that there is no port listed. How do I choose the correct port for my routed second computer? I can't print from my routed computer. ----- Original Message ----- From: "tymcconnell" Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2008 8:37 PM Subject: Shared Printer...
September 5th 08 09:22 AM
by Ty McConnell Go to last post
0 306
Cannot connect to printer error 0x0000007e by ZACommando
When I attempt to add a printer from our campus ADS network with my Vista Ultimate x64 machine, I get the following error: Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed. (error 0x0000007e). This happens regardless of the printer I try to connect to (different makes and models). It also happens regardless of the machine the printer is connected to.
September 4th 08 05:48 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
4 557
connect FAX with a Vista PC by Dimitris Papageorgiou
Is there a way i can connect the FAX mashine with my computer. The fax does'nt have a USB connection only 2 RJ-11 ports. Is there any kind of adapter available in the market that can make possible the connection using the aforementioned jacks Thank you
September 4th 08 11:19 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post

From The