Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Scan with HP All-in-one and hp cmputer by Bert Lesser
My 7130 HP indicates the the HP computer is not set up to scan. How do I prepare the computer to scan? -- Bert Lesser
September 3rd 08 09:32 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
2 357
Printing web page to a PDF by RC
When attempting to print/save a web page as a PDF in Vista, a dialog pops up; "For your computer’s security, the file was saved to the Temporary Internet File Folder.” Do you want to open this folder?”, “Yes or No". When clicking “Yes” you are taken to a folder named “Virtualized”, which contains no files. Also the PDF printer dialog box shows "Error - Printing" and the PDF...
September 3rd 08 05:13 PM
by PaulRR Go to last post
8 388
Slow printing in Word 2003 by HuwG
Hi I have a problem printing from Word 2003 on a Vista PC. If I send a print job from Word 2003 to a networked HP Colour LJ3505n printer, it justs spools the job. If I minimise word and then maximise word it then prints. I can do this after 10 seconds and then it will print, or wait 2 minutes and do this and it will print!! Printing from Adobe, Outlook, Excel all print straight away, the...
September 3rd 08 09:49 AM
by HuwG Go to last post
4 423
HP Network Printer goes "offline" by kdcarver[_3_]
I have an HP OJ 7310. Been a nuisance since the first day I owned it, but actually prints and copies fine... when it is working. Mine is networked -- hardwired RJ45 to the router. I got a new Vista Ultimate laptop a few months ago. First problem was the "head to toe" issue that is fixed on another thread in this forum. I still get the the "HP CUE" failure dialog box, but that's a minor issue...
September 3rd 08 02:54 AM
by kdcarver[_6_] Go to last post
5 425
Cannot install HP D4360 printer on Toshiba OEM Vista Home by [email protected]
I have been searching the web/groups for an answer to this problem and have not yet found a solution that works. I have a new HP D4360 printer I am trying to install on a Toshiba Satellite laptop with their OEM version of Vista Home pre-installed. I install the HP driver (latest version from web) and it proceeds until it asks that I connect the printer to the USB port. I connect the printer...
September 2nd 08 08:42 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 365
Network Fax Server software by [email protected]
For more see: http://www.joyfax.com Joyfax Server is a designed client/Server-based application that makes sending and receiving a fax more efficient, simpler and cheaper. With the integration of Joyfax client and the Joy fax printer driver, faxing from any standard application will be as easy as printing. Due to the client rver architecture of Joyfax, all faxes are stored centralized on the fax...
September 1st 08 04:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 369
Lost HP Drivers by pgonza02
Hi, I had to remove my printer from my laptop and when I tried to reinstall it Windows cannot find the driver. I tried adding it manually and HP does not even show up as a manufacturer. I tried contacting HP and they just said that the driver should be built into Vista and they don't have one they can provide. My printer is an HP Deskjet 5650 and my laptop is running Vista Business 32-bit...
August 31st 08 08:02 PM
by pgonza02[_2_] Go to last post
9 572
Very slow Epson printer? by BrianSue
::All phases of the printer operation run very slowly with all programs. It is a matter of Click and wait for probably over a minute and sometimes longer not just a few seconds delay.:: :: :: ::If this is not the correct place to ask we hope you can link us to other possible help sites.:: :: :: ::Window Vista Home Premium SP1:: ::Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 2.40GHz:: ::4.00 RAM 32-bit Operating...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 31st 08 05:27 PM
by HelpfulNick[_2_] Go to last post
10 745
Printer not communicating by purple momster
I have a new PC with Vista. Had difficulty installing my existing Dell 962 all in one printer, but finally got it to print and scan. Then suddenly it stopped working. I get a message "Printer not Communicating". I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling multiplt times, but I am unable to get it to work. Can anyone help? -- purple momster
August 31st 08 04:48 AM
by purple momster Go to last post
2 320
HPL LJ 1100 and Parallel to USB Problems by TarHeeledTexan
I just bought a parallel to USB cable from tekgems.com to hook up my HP LJ 1100 to my Dell Inspiron 530. When I installed the cable yesterday, I had no problems. In Device Manager, the controller USB Printing Support was listed. In the Printer Preferences/Ports, the printer was linked to USB001. Today, the USB Printing Support controller in Device Manager is gone. I have uninstalled the...
August 30th 08 01:53 PM
by TarHeeledTexan Go to last post
0 320
Connect Vista Fax to Server 2003 cannot create fax account by CoDer
I am running Vista Business, and am trying to setup faxing with Vista's built-in Windows Fax and Scan. I do not have a modem, and so I'm trying to connect to the fax on a Windows Server 2003 R2 server. This is a "standard" Server 2003, that is, it is *not* SBS (Small Business Server). The server is a domain controller, but the Vista PC is not on the domain. However, both computers are on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 08 08:28 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
17 960
Vista Windows Live eMail Printing issue by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista Print, Fax, & Scan) "Frank" wrote in message ... When I print messages I get the Header information (To:, From:, Subject:, but I only get the first line of text in the message text. Looks like your source is Quoted-Printable? (E.g., all the text for one paragraph appears to some...
August 29th 08 07:05 AM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post
0 321
HP Photosmart 8250 and Vista by CdLSRN
I wanted to set up my HP Photosmart 8250 to my new Dell XPS 420 with Windows Vista Ultimate and My new laptop (HP). I bought a small Server to make it a wireless connection to the laptop. But I never got that far. I put the CD into the Windows Ultimate and it would not run. It tried to update and it has all the updates that HP put out. It said it was up to date. Is there a way to make this...
August 28th 08 04:46 PM
by CdLSRN Go to last post
0 370
NON AVAILABILITY OF FAX OPTION IN WINDO VISTA BASIC by jay sureka[_2_]
For Mr. Bill Gates. I feel it is down right cheating that Vista Basic don't have faxing facilities where as all older editions had faxing facilities. I request that free down load is given to all vista basic buyers jay sureka ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 28th 08 11:55 AM
by bjr Go to last post
12 582
Can't Install HP L7580 All-In-One by Tom Bean
I bought an HP Officejet Pro L7580 All-In-One two weeks ago and have successfully installed it on another Vista system and a Windows 2003 server. I am having problems installing it on my system which also runs Vista. I have assigned a static IP address, 192.168.1.15, to the printer and can ping it and use IE to navigate to http://192.168.1.15 and view its properties. When I initially tried...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 28th 08 04:39 AM
by bob414 Go to last post
18 841
DOS Printing: System Error 66 by Jimbo
I just replaced a WinXP laptop with a WinVista laptop. I was able to print from DOS programs to a network printer on the XP machine via 'redirecting' LPT1 via the command NET USE LPT1 \\servername\printername password /user:username Using the same script on the new Vista laptop, however, gives me the System error 66 has occurred The network resource type is not correct
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 27th 08 07:21 PM
by karrah2303 Go to last post
12 593
Print Alignments by triponurtoepick
Everytime i try to align my ink, the alignment page prints out fine, but then it stops there. theres supposed to be a window that asks you questions like choose the darkest square, etc, etc but it never shows up. now my color ink shows up as empty and i can only print out things in black and white and everytime i print something out the alignment prints out first. help? -- triponurtoepick
August 26th 08 04:02 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 358
Can't install any printer, used to work by zephiris
Hi, I'm using vista ultimate x64, and no matter what printer i try to add, whether it be local port or network, or different brands of printers, none work and all come up with the 0x000005b3 error: this operation cannot be completed. I started having this problem after I had a power outage, but since then i have done sfc and chkdsk and fixed everything, except for this one problem. I really...
August 25th 08 04:52 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 359
Vista Sucks!!!!! by Harmony
I bought Epson stylus printer DX6000 and vindows vista can not recogniza the printer . i used the laest updates of the printer driver and I updated the windows also BUT WITHOUT ANYBENEFIT!!!!. i have windows vista home edition 32 bit which is the worst.(I think) God Please. windows XP the best.
August 25th 08 10:00 AM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
9 378
No eFax printer with Ultimate x64 by HughH
I just upgraded to a new PC running Ultimate x64. When I install eFax Messenger Plus 4.3 I get a dialog box saying the program didn't install. It did install but apparently the fax drive did not. Has anyone figured out a workaround to this issue yet? I had no problems with Ultimate x86. Thanks, Hugh --
August 23rd 08 10:53 PM
by Travis[_9_] Go to last post

From The