Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Vista wireless printing keeps restarting after mistakes by Roofels
Hi, I have a wireless printer setup via a Netgear wireless USB port. Works great and it is easy to connect to from any new computer. Currently we have 4 computers (non-Vista) that successfully print to this printer. My Vista laptop also connects easy to the printer, but ALWAYS makes mistakes during printing: 1/2 page prints, off center printing, etc... Eventually it prints it correctly. ...
May 22nd 08 08:55 PM
by Patrick C Go to last post
1 374
Print Spooler service is not running by D-man
Hi, Folks - Unable to print anything. PRinter Spooler service does not respond. I've restarted the print spooler service in administrative tools several times, bit it will not allow me to print anything or to view propertiies, add a printer, nothing. "Server Properties cannot be viewed. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the...
May 23rd 08 05:33 AM
by Razorback Go to last post
5 374
Control panel shows 3 printers when I have only 1 by tryingtolearrn
I recently installed a printer, a Dell v305w & it I did a little print job & also scanned a document which I emailed. Everything went fine. Last night I tried to print a document and it wouldn't print. Now I look in the control panel under printers & it shows my v305 PLUS M/S office doc image writer AND M/S XPS doc writer. I googled these & sort of get an idea why they showed up suddenly BUT...
September 1st 09 11:30 PM
by tryingtolearrn Go to last post
0 374
Printer problem... by Marilyn
I want to set up windows mail. I have a message that says "UIDLL." It blocks me from printing. How do I fix it?
June 19th 08 06:03 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 373
Network Fax Server software by [email protected]
For more see: http://www.joyfax.com Joyfax Server is a designed client/Server-based application that makes sending and receiving a fax more efficient, simpler and cheaper. With the integration of Joyfax client and the Joy fax printer driver, faxing from any standard application will be as easy as printing. Due to the client rver architecture of Joyfax, all faxes are stored centralized on the fax...
September 1st 08 04:09 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 373
Cannot print using Vista 64bit, Konica Minolta 2500W by Alastair H
Hi everyone, I can't make my Konica Minolta 2500W print. The problem: I have the latest 64bit drivers from Konica. (Yes, I do have a 64bit system) I receive the error message "An unknown error occurred while printing" for everything I try to print except in Office 2007 where it tells me "Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup" I can however print from Notepad!!!!...
September 24th 08 11:02 AM
by Alastair H Go to last post
2 373
HP Scanjet 7400 Scanner by Paul
Can not get my HP 7400 scanner to work after upgrading to Vista Ultimate 32 bit. Not the hardware - works fine under XP pro using same hardware configuration Did a clean install, installed motherboard BIOS updates, scanner BIOS updates, Vista updates and the correct driver from HP. The scanner installed and Device Manager says device is working properly. When I try to scan, scanner...
December 27th 07 09:57 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
7 373
vista computer trying to connect to xp printer on xp network by brian
i have 2 computers and one laptop in my home the main computer is xp, laptop is xp. the hp printer is attached to main computer. my daughters computer is vista. i can see all computers on the network and had no problem in adding the printer to my xp laptop, but cannot add the printer to the vista computer. i have norton on all computers and have removed it and still same problem. when adding...
December 19th 08 06:38 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 373
XP desktop printer networked to VISTA laptop - adding printer error by Patrycja
I recently purchased a laptop with VISTA HOME PREM. I have an XP desktop which is connected to my printer HP I have 2 other computers at home, one desktop and one laptop, who can gain access to the printer. I tried adding the printer to the laptop, the disk for the hp printer is not compatible with vista, and I went to HP's website and no drivers are available, as they suggest simply...
June 10th 09 06:59 AM
by cshujun21625 Go to last post
2 373
KODAK IMAGE VIEWER by Shawn L. MacLeod
I am running a custom pkg which we scan in documents and save them on the server as a TIF file. In windows 98, 2000, we have been able to bring these files up in Kodak Image Viewer but can not bring them up with VISTA. Any ideas? Seems to be calling for photoviewer.dll but nothing happens on screen. Thanks!
August 21st 08 08:28 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 372
Vista and Lexmark X2470 printer. All In One by Pitka Poika
I installed my printer using a Vista compatible CD supplied by Lexmark and had three months printing without problems. For no apparent reason the printer and computer ceased to communicate. I have spent several hours with Lexmark Tech. Dept., and am satisfied that the fault is not with the printer. I have installed/uninstalled the drivers and software dozens of times to no avail. I have...
August 4th 07 10:20 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
9 372
"Print spooler stopped" Vista Ultimate/HP LaserJet 2840 help? by JStar
I am using Windows Vista Ultimate in my new business. I have new Vista certified computers that I built. everything is working well, except the print spooler. I cannot get the print spooler to stay started no matter how I set it under "services." I'm using an HP LaserJet 2840 All-in-one printer with all the Windows Vista drivers and firmware installed. HP says that the printer is compatible....
January 13th 08 04:47 AM
by JStar Go to last post
0 372
Epson R340 Printer acting up by canuck
Just registered and second post. Have searched unsuccessfully for a fix to my problem. My printer worked well for a few years until yesterday when whenever I tried to print something the results were eg.: !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W#C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" and on for several pages of similar but different characters which make no sense to me. I've uninstalled the printer, reinstalled...
November 19th 09 09:40 PM
by canuck Go to last post
0 372
Can not delete printer by Bill
A friend has a Toshiba laptop running Vista Home. He has a printer that cannot be deleted. When I attempt to delete the printer I get an "accesss denied" error. The printer had five documents in the queue. I cannot cancel the documents either. He has two user accounts on the computer. I have tried to delete the printer from both accounts and get the same error with both. I enabled the...
June 23rd 08 05:42 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 371
Manually remove local port by desertdude55
Hey Yall I posted this over at annoyances, and had a few responses, but nothing that actually worked. I was hoping that maybe I would get a few more responses over here. I have a Vista Home box that had a printer setup on \\Server\Printer. The printer was removed, and now when I try to re-add the printer, the port is not listed. I go thru add local port, type in \\Server\Printer and I get a...
June 2nd 08 10:16 PM
by friendlyviper Go to last post
3 371
Can't find printer on network by 5hulses
Presently, Vista is the only system that can't find my printer on the network. All my other OS is Windows XP. Have a Linksys router with a Canon printer. Why can it not find my printer on the newtwork?? HELP PLEASE TIA
February 11th 08 02:33 AM
by Bob F.[_3_] Go to last post
4 371
HP Photosmart 8250 and Vista by CdLSRN
I wanted to set up my HP Photosmart 8250 to my new Dell XPS 420 with Windows Vista Ultimate and My new laptop (HP). I bought a small Server to make it a wireless connection to the laptop. But I never got that far. I put the CD into the Windows Ultimate and it would not run. It tried to update and it has all the updates that HP put out. It said it was up to date. Is there a way to make this...
August 28th 08 04:46 PM
by CdLSRN Go to last post
0 371
USB-to-parallel cable by [email protected]
Hi all, to be able to print to my HP Laserjet 5L printer with my new notebook (that has no parallel port), i bought a USB-to-parallel cable. There came no drivers with it and i thought for XP/Vista no drivers were necessary. But now i am not able to set the correct port for the printer. Un/Re- installing the USB-Root-Hub and the printer drivers did not help. When connecting the cable, an...
August 12th 08 07:09 AM
by cosmvis[_2_] Go to last post
6 371
Borderless printeing with the deskjet 460c by muffinman
I have a HP Deskjet 460c that works fine with my older XP machine. I have a newer machine running Vista and it cannot print borderless photo's anymore. There is always a small white border on each end. I've called HP several tmes but they have no fix. Vista will not let me install from the HP CD, says I need IE 5 or higher and then shuts down the installation. Has MS updated their buggy...
December 14th 07 01:24 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
4 371
Cannot print from Vista by John Byrne[_2_]
I have a printer server (Linksys WPS54GU2) attached to my network with a Canon MP150 and HP Laserjet 5P/5MP installed. This worked fine with a Vista Ultimate upgrade install fron Windows XP Pro. After having other problems with with Vista, I decided on advice to do a clean install. This worked OK and I installed the printer drivers directly from Vista. The test print worked. After a...
November 3rd 07 09:21 PM
by John Byrne[_2_] Go to last post

From The