Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
HP Photosmart 8250 and Vista by CdLSRN
I wanted to set up my HP Photosmart 8250 to my new Dell XPS 420 with Windows Vista Ultimate and My new laptop (HP). I bought a small Server to make it a wireless connection to the laptop. But I never got that far. I put the CD into the Windows Ultimate and it would not run. It tried to update and it has all the updates that HP put out. It said it was up to date. Is there a way to make this...
August 28th 08 04:46 PM
by CdLSRN Go to last post
0 371
How to restart spooler? by Adrian Bailey
I have a Lexmark X1270 printer, which ran okay on XP, but hasn't worked properly on Vista. So I've uninstalled the driver and installed the Vista driver from their website. Now, I get Windows messages that the spooler has been stopped. How do I restart it? When I type "net start spooler" at the command prompt I get System Error 5. Adrian
July 3rd 09 03:46 AM
by Paul Lamoreux[_2_] Go to last post
5 371
Manually remove local port by desertdude55
Hey Yall I posted this over at annoyances, and had a few responses, but nothing that actually worked. I was hoping that maybe I would get a few more responses over here. I have a Vista Home box that had a printer setup on \\Server\Printer. The printer was removed, and now when I try to re-add the printer, the port is not listed. I go thru add local port, type in \\Server\Printer and I get a...
June 2nd 08 10:16 PM
by friendlyviper Go to last post
3 371
USB-to-parallel cable by [email protected]
Hi all, to be able to print to my HP Laserjet 5L printer with my new notebook (that has no parallel port), i bought a USB-to-parallel cable. There came no drivers with it and i thought for XP/Vista no drivers were necessary. But now i am not able to set the correct port for the printer. Un/Re- installing the USB-Root-Hub and the printer drivers did not help. When connecting the cable, an...
August 12th 08 07:09 AM
by cosmvis[_2_] Go to last post
6 371
HP 6200 disappears from Vista by TommieVtwin
I've been experiencing a very annoying problem with an HP 6200 series. The printer is connected via a USB HUB to my VISTA PC. Regularly I have to connect this printer direct to another PC, which cannot be networked with the VISTA PC. Now here's the weird part: Sometimes (most of the time) the printer will disappear from the Vista PC, but not always. When it does disappear, it re-installs when...
November 16th 09 03:24 PM
by TommieVtwin Go to last post
0 371
Cannot send fax as media is write protected by Ram
I am using Vista Ultimate and have a PCI FaxModem. When I try to send a fax, it does not go and I get an error message saying "The message could not be sent. The media is write protected." I am not aware of anything I have done to write protect the media, whatever it means, but could someone please advise me how I can normalize the situation and remove the protection.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 09 04:00 AM
by haunt Go to last post
15 371
Minolta PagePro 1250W on Vista 64-bit by Bumbrlik[_2_]
I am trying to install an XP driver for my Minolta PagePro 1250W printer on Vista 64-bit Home Premium. Minolta web site claims that it should be possible, that I should be able to install the XP driver and it should work: http://onlinehelp.kmprinters.com/CPDocs/q0107023.htm#mc2300%20DL,%20mc2300W,%20mc2430%20DL,%20PP1300/W1350W: However, the driver just refuses to be installed. One possible...
December 29th 08 02:41 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 370
USB printer by [email protected]
I have added hp printer deskjet 5850 to vista hame as a 5600 (as told on hp website) It printed. then I added a laserjet 2100 via a parallel to usb. This works fine but the 5850 has stopped working. I tried plugging into a different usb port which has just clogged up the port but not got the printer working. help!
February 18th 09 02:57 PM
by Dave[_29_] Go to last post
4 370
Windows Fax and Scan Error Message - The message could not be sent by Nathan Goldberg
I'm receiving an error message: "The message could not be sent" on the first line and "The system cannot open the file" on the second line when I put a bunch of phone numbers in the "to" field. It is strange because if I don't send any faxes for an hour or so I can put 20 numbers in, but I can only put one or two in after I've put in the 20. I'm wondering why I'm getting that error...
December 9th 08 10:02 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 370
Printer shows as “Offline” by Ricegroup
I own a HP Color Laser Jet 2500n printer and it’s installed on my network, however, it shows up as “Offline” to my VISTA computer but it prints just fine from my XP Computer, and my daughter’s Apple Laptop. I’ve downloaded and installed the most current driver software does anybody have any ideas?
October 21st 07 02:29 AM
by Paul in Montreal Go to last post
9 370
Epson Vista twain driver problem by slk2k
Here is an odd one for ya ... Installed Vista Ultimate 64 (clean install) in a dual-boot mode with Windows XP Pro. System is working great. Hook up Epson Perfection 3200 Photo scanner - Vista finds it and scanner works via WIA interface. Notice that I am missing the Epson Scan routine and Adobe Elements doesn't have the scanner listed as a TWAIN interface, just WIA. Head over to Epson, snag...
July 4th 08 08:56 PM
by stevebri Go to last post
6 370
can't install tcp/ip printer by CozmicOne
I’m having difficulty with installing a network printer in Visa Business. If I select Add Printer Add a network printer The printer that I want isn’t listed Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname, and enter the IP address of the printer, I get the message “Cannot load wizard pages for standard TCP/IP port,” which doesn’t allow me to install the printer. If I install...
August 27th 07 11:16 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 369
Vista/Canon ImageClass MF4150 Printing Problem by [email protected]
Running Vista Home Premium, using a Canon ImageClass MF4150. Intermittently, print jobs go awry: 1. I can boot up in the morning and the first thing I print will be half a page of the last thing I printed yesterday and half a page of the current print job. 2. I try to print a 7 pp Word doc. Pgs 1-3 are fine, 4 is blank except for jagged varied sized triangles on the right margin, 5 is blank,...
August 2nd 08 03:59 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 369
Printing Web Pages by PaulH[_2_]
I have a home network with a cable modem, Linksys wireless router, a hard wire Vista Home desktop, an wireless Dell XP laptop, and a HP 2610 PhotoSmart printer all connected to the router. I can print web pages from the XP laptop, but web pages will not print from the Visa desktop. Normal documents (spreadsheets, word docs, etc) print ok from the Vista desktop. Any help on printing web...
June 17th 08 09:21 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 369
SNMP not allowed by NewIT
Logical printers on Server 2003 showed off line immediately after hardening the network. XP PCs work just fine. Disabling the SNMP on the port configuration of the driver is not an option because the driver is setup to print to a queue and certain application need the SNMP to monitor the print jobs. What is the security setting that won't allow the SNMP communication between the driver on the...
November 26th 09 02:03 PM
by NewIT Go to last post
0 369
Connecting to printer wirelessly by kungfuboy
Hello, I just got a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop running Vista home premium and want to connect it wirelessly to a Dell V305 printer. It works fine with the USB cable connected but I'm not sure where to start to get it working wirelessly. I don't have any other pc's connected, just want to use the laptop. Apologies if this question has been asked before or if i am in the wrong forum, I am a...
September 22nd 08 08:05 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 368
Problem in adding a new scanner by Laopa
I have a Notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium, and I am not able to make my scanner work. The software is up-to-date, but the scanning program says that the scanner is not installed. How can I solve this? -- Laopa Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
October 27th 08 03:07 AM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post
1 368
Printing by Skip
Although i can draw lines, squares and circles in word I find they will not print, text entered at the same time does print; why wont the drawings print
December 6th 07 07:30 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\)[_5_] Go to last post
1 368
Lexmark Printer Z715: Error 1068 by jschwalm
::I installed the print driver for my Lexmark Z715 from the Lexmark website on my new PC running Vista 32bit and it was working fine. A couple of days later when I sent documents to be printed, the print showed that it was offline. I tried several fixes and then decided to uninstall and reinstall the driver. The uninstall said it was successful but when I attempted to reinstall, it said that a...
March 16th 09 09:09 PM
by Cari Go to last post
4 368
Unable to connect to shared printer from Vista, but XP okay by Quitch
I have an HP DeskJet 6540 shared via a US Robotics US809108 ADSL router at address http://192.168.1.1:1631/printers/My_Printer. I can connect to the printer, and print successfully from a Windows XP machine, yet when I try to connect to the same address from Windows Vista I am told: "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Make sure that you have typed the name correctly, and that the printer...
August 13th 08 04:22 AM
by royik Go to last post

From The