Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Cannot print on vista with printer HP 5550 by CĂ©dric
Hello, I installed my printer HP 5550 on a new laptop running Windows Vista, this printer was working well on my old machine (Windows XP) but does not work anymore on Vista! The printer is correctly detected when plugged in the laptop USB port, Vista installs the driver and says that everything is OK. When I print a test page from the HP software it works fine, but when I want
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 2nd 08 04:35 AM
by Extensa Go to last post
15 2,855
Vista/Canon ImageClass MF4150 Printing Problem by [email protected]
Running Vista Home Premium, using a Canon ImageClass MF4150. Intermittently, print jobs go awry: 1. I can boot up in the morning and the first thing I print will be half a page of the last thing I printed yesterday and half a page of the current print job. 2. I try to print a 7 pp Word doc. Pgs 1-3 are fine, 4 is blank except for jagged varied sized triangles on the right margin, 5 is blank,...
August 2nd 08 03:59 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 368
SPOOLER - by sledge
Hi, I am new to Windows printing. I have to send a print to a spooler. To do this I cofigure a printer with NUL port. Sending a print to this port causes the job to be spooled on a print server (All these are windows apps). I would like to know the protocol between the print client and Spooler(Server). I assume it is LPR ? Could someone throw some light on this ? Thanks Sunil
August 1st 08 05:12 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 319
Standard user cannot print in Vista by Margo[_2_]
Hi, We have installed vista, with a standard printer connected via the USB port 1. the administrator can print, the guest user can print, but the standard user cannot print, although the printer is shown as default printer in the configuration screen for printers. What can be the reason? Tx, Margo
August 1st 08 05:02 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 350
Can't Install Printers in Vista by Clyde Bennett
I am unable to install any printers to any ports by any manufacturer. After I pick the port and point to the correct Vista printer driver for the printer, after a few seconds, I get the msg: "Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002). Anyone run into this before?
August 1st 08 04:46 AM
by srussolillo Go to last post
4 354
Vista Business with dell printers by Brock90
Some of the vista client machines seem to loose Dell printers from their choose a printer option, they always appear agian by themselves usually after the user has printed to an alternative printer. I have downloaded the latest drivers from Dell and installed them but now and again this problem crops up and always just with the Dell printers. The workstations are connected to Windows 2003...
July 31st 08 05:07 PM
by Brock90 Go to last post
0 282
Can't add a network printer by Annegy4859
I am running vista home premium and get am error message when trying to add a network printer. It says I don't have enough memory. I have 2 gig of some kind of ram. Please help. Thank you. -- Annegy4859
July 31st 08 02:38 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 298
Printing sticks after half a page by Randomiser
Hi My HP Photosmart 2575 MFD under Vista sometimes works fine but then randomly prints a few lines of a job and gives up. An error shows in the print queue, but the only way the job will delete is if the printer is physically switched off . Sometimes it will print parts of the page on 2 or 3 sheets of paper before freezing. The freeze often persists through rebooting the machine or...
July 30th 08 09:21 PM
by Randomiser Go to last post
4 327
Why I can't modify printer preferences by Marcos Orozco
My sistem is: Windows Vista with update up tu date. and I can't modify the printer preferences for any printer (numbre of copies, color or black&withe, orientation paper, typo of paper, etc.). not inside Ofiice or another app. not in printer configuration, and my user have all rigth as administrator. Wath coan I do?
July 30th 08 07:55 PM
by susanz Go to last post
2 336
Printing from Vista32 to Vista64 OS maching by Gayle
I have a new Vista64 bit operating system machine with two HP printers installed. I can print from the direct connected machine just fine. However the two networked machines, one is Vista32 bit and the other is Windows XPpro, will not print. They will send the job and you can see the job on the Vista64 machine but it will not print the job. Any ideas?
July 29th 08 07:54 PM
by Extensa Go to last post
2 346
Printing Problems in mixed 32 & 64 bit network by Mike
Recently upgraded our "main" pc to Vista Ultimate... wireless laptops are running XP. Network is set up correctly, file sharing is working great, all computers able to access network drives and shared files. Problem is that XP laptops cannot print up to the main system which has two canon printers attached via usb. Drivers automatically updated on the vista machine when printers were...
July 29th 08 04:54 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 314
Printer Alert in Vista by Joe Shanahan
I recently upgraded to Windows Vista. Now whenever I send a job to the printer, I get the annoying balloon telling me "this document has been sent to the printer". I want to disable that alert. Someone showed me how to turn of that notification and it was very simple (it did not involve changing anything in the registry). Like a fool, I did not write down the instructions. The message has...
July 29th 08 02:48 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 268
Printing Custom Size with HP1220c by Muzigpro
I have Vista Home Premium and a HP 1220c Printer. When I attempt to print at 9x12 which is a size that my printer previously supported on my old xp computer, I cannot add a custom paper size or print at that size. HELP! -- Muzigpro Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
July 28th 08 06:00 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 334
Canon Laser Shot LBP1120 driver for Vista Ultimate? by remind
Hi all, anyone know where I can get one, Canon has not got one yet? Would there be a generic one that would work? Thanks in advance reply here or email me at phillip(nospam)pmassociates.com.au
July 27th 08 12:39 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 490
network printer fails to print, no error message given by Bonnie
On the network, I can see the printer and it says Ready. When I remotely try to print, nothing happens. Not even an error message. The only clue is that the printer status reads "error". I can hardwire the laptop (which is using Vista Home Premium) to the network (an XP-based system) printer, and can print just fine. Any suggestions? Bonnie
July 27th 08 12:37 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 294
All PDFs print out in red by CherylC
I have tried different printers and different versions of adobe. I have tried different print drivers. These files all print fine from our XP machines, but have never worked from the Vista machine. We are currently using the Universal Print Driver on the Vista machine because it is the only way that we can print the correct shade of blue from that machine. Any help is greatly...
July 27th 08 12:34 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 292
Print output incomplete by poppa1
Running Windows Vista Home Premium edition Epson 1280 When printing a document off a web page prints only those parts of the page which are the "skeleton" without any of the contents. It is as if you were loading a piece of statioary and only the letterhead printed ou. Help, please. Thanks
July 27th 08 12:33 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 260
Faxing fr Vista Home Ed. by jag
Vista Home Edition does not come with software for faxing? Any freeware faxing apps that work? Thanks. Joe
July 26th 08 02:10 AM
by Dave Go to last post
5 301
Printing to Microsoft office onenote by suzantn
Use to whenever I went to print something there was an option to print it to Microsoft office onenote. I really like this feature but now the option is gone. How do I add it back? Thanks Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
July 25th 08 10:18 PM
by suzantn Go to last post
0 273
Urgent!! "Server" service fails to start by Jagminder
Hi, I have a Windows Vista Enterprise Edition running in our network. 'Server' service fails to start with following error: ........................ Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. ......................... Path to executable is:
July 25th 08 07:14 PM
by Jagminder Go to last post

From The