Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
How can I scan? by Scott Eveland
I'm new to Vista and I can't find how to scan from anywhere. My HP PSC1600's scan button won't work, and HP says that the drivers are incompatible with Vista, and to use the "Microsoft Fax and Scan" program. I cannot locate any such program on my computer, so I assume it must not come with the home OEM version of Vista I have. So, I have a scanner I can't use and no workaround with Vista? ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 17th 10 03:50 PM
by nannefaye Go to last post
12 445
Print & Spool Multiple Pages by rgilcher
When I try to spool & print multiple copies of the same file I have to print only a few copies at a time - otherwise things slow down or lock up completely. I had this problem with XP (never addressed it) but I can take the same file to my 98/Me machine and print almost without limits. On a Pentium 2 with ME and a mere 396 megs ram, I have had four printers running on USB with different files in...
February 16th 10 09:55 AM
by aborad Go to last post
2 230
Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied. by Steve
I'm trying, desparately, to print from my Vista Home Premium laptop to a shared printer on my home wireless network. The shared printer is connected to an XP Home machine. That machine is hard-wired (via a LAN cable) to the wireless router. I can "see" the printer I want to use but when trying to connect to it, I get the error message "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 13th 10 06:30 PM
by TFCfan22 Go to last post
24 919
Fax Software by Doug[_16_]
I would like the opinion of the MVP's . Which software at reasonable price works well in Vista Home Premium and up coming 7?? I used office 2003.Since I built this new PC ,No more Office in Vista. Thanks for all suggestions!!! (if any)
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 10 08:45 AM
by adwardzen Go to last post
18 594
Print Spooler SubSystem by Greg[_7_]
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium and when I try to print to my printer I get the following error message: Spooler SubSystem App stopped working and was closed. My printer is a Canon PIXMA MP450 multifunction printer. Is there a fix for this problem. Looked in the Knowledge Base articles but could not find a fix for this particular problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
February 13th 10 06:17 AM
by EvilOzzness Go to last post
9 603
Windows Fax & Scan - Outlook Contacts by Bruce Terry
Hi All, Why can't I access my Outlook 2007 contacts from Windows Fax & Scan to enable sending a fax to a particular contact. I am connected to a Windows SBS 2003 Server and am using the Fax server function. It used to work fine before I upgraded the PC to Windows Vista.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 10 08:41 PM
by Peter Go to last post
19 595
Web Page Prints Out as Computer Code (HTML) in Internet Explorer 7 by Eva
He Web Page Prints Out as Computer Code (HTML) in Internet Explorer 7.0. I have tried to reset Internet but it does not help. Can anybody help me? Eva
February 8th 10 10:32 PM
by gmagill Go to last post
2 301
HP PSC 1215 by bruchlee
After a crash from Vista  Davilex adress 7 don't work Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
February 4th 10 09:22 PM
by bruchlee Go to last post
0 284
HP PSC 1215 by bruchlee
After a crash from Vista  Davilex adress 7 don't work Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
February 4th 10 09:22 PM
by bruchlee Go to last post
0 193
Employing "troubleshooter" generates error by Sol
Using Windows 7 to install an old printer (Cannon i960) and an old scanner (CanoScan 5000) gives me message that I need to troubleshoot. When I click on that link I get an error message. The error is 0x80091007. Any suggestions?
February 2nd 10 11:51 PM
by GSalisbury Go to last post
8 375
Printer continually offline by [email protected]
Hi - I recently set up a Brother MCF 665CW on a wireless network with an HP laptop running on Vista. Initially everything worked fine but a few days later (the next time someone tried to print) the laptop showed that the printer was offline. I have tried the following: - made sure "use printer offline" was set (or whichever way around its supposed to be; I did check this with Brother) - pinged...
February 2nd 10 12:52 PM
by georgiecat Go to last post
3 352
Lexmark X5650 Printer Problem by r70454ss
I keep getting the following error when I try to print. Job Status Window Interface has stopped Working. I called Lexmark and they said it was a windows problem. Has anybody had this problem? Is there a fix for it?Thanks -- r70454ss
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 31st 10 10:18 PM
by djg5211 Go to last post
30 1,422
Win7/Vista printing from 32bit to 64bit or 64bit to 32bit by Patrick[_14_]
Greetings All, What is up with print jobs just hanging ??? Printing either from Vista or Win7 64bit to Win7 32bit ??? going from a 32Bit Vista or Win7 will have issues printing to the Win7 64bit too! I have tried the 'local port' setup, and I am NOT new to this rodeo... I have trouble shot printers for a couple decades now... Printer Sharing is setup and functions FINE for 32bit to...
January 25th 10 05:12 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 282
I want A4 -- Printer goes back to Letter by Joaquim Oliveira
Hi everybody! I´have a printer at work that´s generating a problem within one of the client machines (Windows Vista Home Premium). The problem is that the paper configuration always goes back to Letter. And I would like it to stay configured as A4. I already deleted the printer from the printers configuration (control panel), but when I reassign it as an installed printer, it remains with...
January 24th 10 01:04 AM
by LVTravel Go to last post
6 348
Employing "troubleshooter" generates error by Sol
Using Windows 7 to install an old printer (Cannon i960) and an old scanner (CanoScan 5000) gives me message that I need to troubleshoot. When I click on that link I get an error message. The error is 0x80091007. Any suggestions?
January 23rd 10 08:52 PM
by Sol Go to last post
0 142
I want A4 -- Printer goes back to Letter by Joaquim Oliveira
Hi everybody! I´have a printer at work that´s generating a problem within one of the client machines (Windows Vista Home Premium). The problem is that the paper configuration always goes back to Letter. And I would like it to stay configured as A4. I already deleted the printer from the printers configuration (control panel), but when I reassign it as an installed printer, it remains with...
January 22nd 10 10:22 PM
by Joaquim Oliveira Go to last post
0 179
Have to reboot machine to print by cbridges
I have a laptop with windows vista home premium (service pack 2) 64 bit.  This laptop is in a workgroup with a windows 7 laptop and a dell desktop. This laptop and the windows 7 laptop are wireless .  The printer (Canon MX700) is hardwired to the dell desktop and is shared in the workgroup. The windows 7 laptop prints fine everytime.  However, this machine (vista) will print...
January 21st 10 08:28 PM
by cbridges Go to last post
0 1
Have to reboot machine to print by cbridges
I have a laptop with windows vista home premium (service pack 2) 64 bit.  This laptop is in a workgroup with a windows 7 laptop and a dell desktop. This laptop and the windows 7 laptop are wireless .  The printer (Canon MX700) is hardwired to the dell desktop and is shared in the workgroup. The windows 7 laptop prints fine everytime.  However, this machine (vista) will print...
January 21st 10 08:28 PM
by cbridges Go to last post
0 1
Error code 20 on HP c5180 by azlat
I'm having trouble printing from the internet recently. I can print documents and photos no problem. I tried doing the troubleshooting and it told me to set printer to default.. it was. Any ideas?
January 21st 10 08:26 PM
by azlat Go to last post
0 259
Win7/Vista printing from 32bit to 64bit or 64bit to 32bit by Patrick[_14_]
Greetings All, What is up with print jobs just hanging ??? Printing either from Vista or Win7 64bit to Win7 32bit ??? going from a 32Bit Vista or Win7 will have issues printing to the Win7 64bit too! I have tried the 'local port' setup, and I am NOT new to this rodeo... I have trouble shot printers for a couple decades now... Printer Sharing is setup and functions FINE for 32bit to...
January 20th 10 08:32 PM
by Patrick[_14_] Go to last post

From The