Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Canon Printer won't download on new computer by Dar
I have Window Vista Home Premium SP 1 64-bit operating system IE 7 I have a Canon Pixma MP500 that was purchased in 2006, and it will not download on my computer. I went to canon website and downloaded the driver and then put in the old CD and did what it said and it said something like this is not for 64-bit OS. Now I am not a computer wizard so I have a lot to learn. Please help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 19th 09 02:04 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
15 392
Vista gives access denied to shared XP printer by Orangedog
I have private home network with a new Vista Home Premium computer. Vista sees the XP computer that has the officejet V40 printer. But whenever I try to connect a message says access is denied. what is up with that! Who says access is denied, it is my computer and my private network. How do I allow access to my own network? how many hoops do I have to jump through to network to a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 8th 09 09:06 AM
by LennoxB Go to last post
15 377
Cannot print on vista with printer HP 5550 by CĂ©dric
Hello, I installed my printer HP 5550 on a new laptop running Windows Vista, this printer was working well on my old machine (Windows XP) but does not work anymore on Vista! The printer is correctly detected when plugged in the laptop USB port, Vista installs the driver and says that everything is OK. When I print a test page from the HP software it works fine, but when I want
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 2nd 08 04:35 AM
by Extensa Go to last post
15 2,855
Printer problem printing from vista to XP by Jollyjoker538
i have a problem with printing from my Vista system to a XP Machine. My printer is installed on the XP Machine witch hangs on the local network. When i instal the printer trough the network on my Vista system it doen't work. I can complete the instal but when i try to print nothing is happening? Can someone explane me how to instal the printer so that i have no problems with any security in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 27th 08 06:15 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
15 790
Cannot send fax as media is write protected by Ram
I am using Vista Ultimate and have a PCI FaxModem. When I try to send a fax, it does not go and I get an error message saying "The message could not be sent. The media is write protected." I am not aware of anything I have done to write protect the media, whatever it means, but could someone please advise me how I can normalize the situation and remove the protection.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 09 04:00 AM
by haunt Go to last post
15 369
Vista Home Premium Fax Applet by WebDad
Please return the Fax applet to Vista Home Premium! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 22nd 08 11:03 PM
by pooneh Go to last post
15 478
fax account wizard error by filipino
Hi, I'm having an Intel 539EP modem which I use to receive faxes. It worked just fine until I created a new Vista administrator account and deleted the old one. When I tried to configure Windows Fax and Scan, when creating a fax account, I got the error "An error occurred. Please try the operation later or contact your administrator" when clicking on "Connect to a fax modem" - "Choose a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 14th 09 06:04 PM
by rkball2008 Go to last post
15 468
Why is FAXing so poor in Vista Ultimate? by David Sommers
So why is Faxing so poor in Vista Ultimate? My notebook running XP HOME SP2 does a much better job. I'm trying to FAX scanned documents, not use the new mail-like editor to create a text document. I have no trouble scanning in the document, and it looks great in the preview. The new FAX editor then supposedly attaches the scanned image to this new FAX e-mail like message and I try to send...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 22nd 07 02:30 PM
by David Sommers Go to last post
15 471
Epson status monitor by elladave
I have just brought new pc(Acer E120) with Vista preinstalled. Having then insatalled all the software for my Epson C60 printer I get the message "parameter incorrect" when I try to print anything. When i try to access the Status Monitor the message is "bidirectional communication needed" I can print nozzel check patterns and clean nozzels till the cows come home, so I'm guessing the USB port...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 21st 09 06:09 AM
by JohnBrown1321 Go to last post
15 983
Re-installing Fax support by ScruffEOne
I recently had an issue with DELLs All-in-one printer setup and in troubleshooting the problem, uninstalled the microsoft fax stuff. Now I can't figure out how to get it back. can anyone help? Upgraded to vista premium from windows media center 2005 on a Dell Inspiron E1705.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 17th 07 11:33 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
15 329
I can't get scanners to work in Vista by gecko[_3_]
I am testing VISTA Ultimate and find that I cannot get any of my older scanners to scan - nor can I find VISTA drivers for them. I have 1) HP PSC950 AIO (It prints however) 2) MUSTEK 1200LP 3) UMAX POWERLOOK II Anyone out there have any luck getting any of the above to scan in
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 08 09:32 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
14 383
shared fax from 2003 srv does not work on vista?? by No Name
I have a 2003 srv with a microsoft shared fax printer that works perfectly with xp client. If I connect to this shared fax from vista, it install, but if I send fax it go to the local fax printer and not go to the fax server . From printer folders, If I open the linked fax, I always see the local fax queue and not the server queue. Why? Is this a bug?? Thank you Alessandro
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 18th 07 10:36 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
14 381
Can't get fax working by Richard Ratner
I bought a computer with Vista that had no modem. I installed my old modem - vista didn't like that - BSOD on shutdown. Uninstalled that, bought new modem listed as Vista compatible, is in Device Manager as Agere Systems PCI SV92PP soft modem. It is listed as operating correctly. Today I downloaded from Windows Update an optional update which was a later driver, from 10/07. In Fax Settings,...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 08 06:54 PM
by Richard Ratner[_2_] Go to last post
14 766
Lexmark X1200 Series, AIOC exe Error message. by Shaz42
I have bought a Lexmark X1270 All In One Printer, but despite endless emails and phone calls to Lexmark they are still stating that it is compatible with Vista, i bought this product as it stated that it was. I have used the Vista clean to uninstall any old files of Lexmark then used the Download link for this Printer from their website and yet still there is a problem with the install, it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 8th 07 02:31 AM
by Greg Go to last post
14 786
HP Printer by swiftflo
Today switched on the PC and wanted to printout a page. My HP 7960 printer came up with the error message that the "black/grey No.56 cartridge was not compatible with this printer". This cartridge has been in my printer for some months and working correctly. I decided to refill the cartridge as I had done before, but am still getting the same error message, anyone any ideas. I must admit if...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 5th 07 09:02 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
14 299
Can not print from IE7 in Vista by PA Bear
X-post to Vista.Print_Fax_Scan newsgroup. Have you installed the new version of HP Director? -- ~PA Bear RonM wrote: PA Bear, That is not the solution to this problem. The proper drivers for my
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 24th 07 04:07 PM
by RonM Go to last post
14 975
Outlook 2007 Contact information for FAX Software in VISTA by randy
Does anyone know how to use my contact list in Outlook 2007 from within the new FAX software in VISTA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 15th 07 02:41 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
14 279
printer status -driver update needed by feroz ahmed
when i install the driver throuth PnP the status is changing from ready to driver update needed in vista. this problem is seen only if i upgrade XP to vista. if i install vista directly this problem is not seen.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 10th 07 10:28 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
14 451
Trying to fax using 2003 server from vista machine by uwe
I see the server fax as a printer in Vista machine but it insists on setting up an account. When it asks to type a server location the following appears. The mentioned fax server is not available. please correct.... I have been using the server fax service from XP for a long time, what seems to be the problem? I've tried the name as '\\lynserver\fax' and '\\fax' and 'fax', nothing seems to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 07 10:48 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
14 464
Need Software to work with Vista Premium by Patti Martin
Had Windows XP Home and used WinFax Pro 10.2. Have upgraded to Vista Premium and WinFax Pro 10.2 will not install correctly. Is there a software fax program that will work with Vista Premium. I do not want to spend another $100 and get Vista Business for the sole purpose of sending/receiving faxes. I have visited Best Buy, Staples, etc. and no one can help me. Any help? Thank you in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 7th 07 03:22 AM
by alanpgh Go to last post

From The