Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers by Ashkan
Add Printer Wizard Does Not Work and Previously Installed Printers Are Not Displ, I runing Windows Vista X86. please help, how I can ersolve this problem?
January 21st 08 05:32 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
9 330
Add Printer Wizard issue by Courgar824
After I upgraded my notebook to Vista from XP, I cannot add printers to the system. Before install, all printers where listed, but after install, nothing. Not even the document printer from MS Office. When I try to add my network printer, I get a "Local Print Spooler not started" message and when I manullay start that service, i receive an "error 0x000006be" when I try to re-install my...
February 18th 08 10:51 PM
by matt Go to last post
4 245
add the share printer can not find TCP/IP property by microsoft
When I add the HP network share printer to a staff's computer,I can not find the TCP/IP property. The ping is ok.What can I do,help me!
March 13th 08 02:18 AM
by microsoft Go to last post
0 258
Adding a Network Printer by RobFJ
I've got an HP Laserjet 2200D connected to a pc that runs Server 2003. That printer is working fine as does printing to it from a couple of workstations running XP Pro. (Port name is DOT4_001.) However, I've just got a new desktop pc that runs Vista 64 and I'm having difficulty connecting it as a network printer. If I go through the conventional route of automatically finding the printer...
October 30th 08 02:25 PM
by beoweolf Go to last post
1 398
Adding a Network Printer by Dave Cal
Apparently I have the same problem as a few others here. That is accessing the printer on my XP m/c from my Vista Laptop. Laptop sees it ok, but when i try to connect or add it. I get the message, Windows can't connect to printer, access is denied. I have checked and double checked all the firewall and sharing. It can't be too much of a problem as I can see all the network Icons on the other...
March 30th 07 05:42 AM
by drsherlock Go to last post
6 278
Adding a network printer by cwilcoxson
I have a brand new (out of the box two days now) Fujitsu Tablet and I'm trying to get it setup for use here in the school I work in. So far, I have updated Vista, installed Anti-virus, Google Pack, Firefox; and setup a student account. I am trying to add a network printer under the Administrator account and I keep getting this error: Printer driver was not install. Operation could not be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 25th 07 04:02 PM
by Jason#2 Go to last post
12 469
Adding a networked printer on Vista x86 box by [email protected]
I manage our network print server which has about 300 or so printers. I have noticed that for a few of them, when trying to connect to them (\\servername\device name), I get an "Operation Cannot Be Completed" error. I can add them with a local IP port and they work fine, but not for the queue from the server. This does not affect every printer, just a few random ones, over a few manufacturer...
December 19th 08 06:35 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 272
adding a new tab into properties dialog of my Incoming Method in the Microsoft Windows Fax Service. by Andrej Hristoliubov
Hello Everyone.... I have registered my inbound routing extension in the Microsoft Windows Fax Service. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms690228(VS.85).aspx for details. Now I want to add the Store in Folder tab in my inbound routing properties dialog similar Store in Folder tab of the Microsoft's Store in Folder inbound routing extension. For example: 1. Go to Windows Server 2008...
July 23rd 09 05:11 AM
by Andrej Hristoliubov Go to last post
0 355
Adding a printer by barry j
I am having trouble adding a Canon LBP810 printer to my computor.I have tried to download the upgraded driver for Vista from the Canon site,without any luck.I have also tried the canon helpline without success.I may have to buy another printer if unable to add this printer.
July 17th 08 10:41 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
1 530
Adding a Printer by gjc228
I've got a new Vista laptop and want to use a printer on an XP network. I have difficulty in connecting to the network to start with as Vista sees the other computers sometimes but not others. I even have to re-set the LAN adapter to even get on the internet. Windows thinks that I'm only going to connect using a wireless network. Anyway when I eventually do find the printer I get told...
April 22nd 07 07:26 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 243
Adding Adobe PDF-Online web-based printer by Dorian Salmon
Any ideas on how to add a printer for Adobe PDF online? In XP, you could "Add a network printer", and use the http address for the web service - typically "https://pdf.adobe.com/cpdf/Printer?id=xxxxxxxxx". This added the printer on an Internet port. When I try this in Vista Ultimate, I'm not able to do this. First I tried to use the "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer" option,...
April 23rd 07 05:02 PM
by Dorian Salmon Go to last post
0 185
adding an address book in windows fax and scan by Amanda
How do I get my fax numbers into windows fax and scan? I don't have a personal address book set up yet I guess. How do I set one up? I have windows vista ultimate. I can send a fax by typing in the number each time, but I want an address book. -- Amanda B
June 5th 07 02:39 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 209
Adding fax modem to printers list by MarciaBrady
My fax modem doesn't show up automatically in my list of printers when I go into the Print dialogue. How do I add it? I tried the normal "add printer" but I was mystified when I had to choose a port and then never saw any options for fax modems.
October 18th 07 07:00 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 191
Adding Fax to Vista Home Premium? by Nigel Molesworth
I've got two PCs, one with Vista Ultimate, and one with Premium. For reasons that are too complex to discuss, the Ultimate PC is unable to connect to the fax line. Is it possible to transfer the Windows system files from the Ultimate PC to the Premium PC so that I can set up faxing on it?
May 6th 08 01:03 AM
by Lee Howard Go to last post
4 379
Adding home printer by cravingmad
Please can anyone help...I've tried all i know!! we had to have our desktop pc formatted last week so lost network connection for me to print from my laptop. I needed help last time to set up remote printing, but tried eveyhing and nothing works..can anyone tell me (in laymans terms please) how to do it again..thanks loads.
April 6th 08 10:30 PM
by cravingmad Go to last post
0 154
Adding Network Printer by lforbes
Hi, I have an Canon Pixima 3000 installed and shared on my XP Desktop. I try to connect to it and it asks me if I want to "install" the drivers. I click Yes and it says "Can't connect to the Printer because the specified Print Monitor is Unknown" I have installed the printer as an LPT1 printer and the drivers are included with Vista. I went to Canon's website and installed the Print...
March 2nd 07 05:14 PM
by lforbes Go to last post
2 221
adding network printer by Sam
One of my users is having trouble adding a printer. Whenever they choose wireless, network or bluetooth printer, Windows Explorer crashes, restarts, and the add printer dialog box disappears. The exact message sequence is: "Windows Explorer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." That box disappears and I get "Windows Explorer is restarting."
June 9th 07 02:19 AM
by Sam Go to last post
1 182
Adding Network Printer - APPCRASH by Robert Mahaffey
I'm attempting to add a network printer (HP LaserJet 8100 DN). Every time I attempt to install I receive the message - "You need to install printer driver.....". When I select "Install driver" - I receive a message that says "Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working". If I select "check online" - it sends me to KB938979 (which I downloaded and attempted to install - but...
May 5th 08 09:38 PM
by Robert Mahaffey Go to last post
0 302
adding network printer = error 866 by P.Schuman
you would think this stuff should all just work .... HAH - ok - new Vista laptop in the house, everything else is running XP with an old Win98se server - has large disk + 2 printers - tried Adding Printer - point to same workgroup (which is different than in XP) and can see all the other computers and the Win98se server... Point to the server - then point to HP4P laser and click Next -...
October 21st 07 02:38 AM
by Paul in Montreal Go to last post
7 346
Adding network printer crashes windows explorer by Hugh G. Johnson
I've seen other people have this problem, but didn't find a way to resolve this. I'm running Vista Ult on a SBS03 domain. When I click add network printer I get a dialog box saying windows explorer has quit and is restarting which it does, then the printer control panel is gone and nuttin'. No dialog box to send a crash report or anything. Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 07 10:53 PM
by johnp0126[_2_] Go to last post

From The