Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Urgent!! 'Server' service fails to start by Jagminder
Hi, I have a Windows Vista Enterprise Edition running in our network. 'Server' service fails to start with following error: ........................ Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. ......................... Path to executable is:
July 25th 08 07:11 PM
by Jagminder Go to last post
0 310
Urgent!! 'Server' service fails to start by Jagminder Chugh[_2_]
Hi, I have a Windows Vista Enterprise Edition running in our network. 'Server' service fails to start with following error: ........................ Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. ......................... Path to executable is:
July 25th 08 06:51 PM
by Jagminder Chugh[_2_] Go to last post
0 284
Urgent!! 'Server' service doesnt start by Jagminder Chugh
Hi, I have a Windows Vista Enterprise Edition running in our network. 'Server' service fails to start with following error: ........................ Windows could not start the Server service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. ......................... Path to executable is:
July 25th 08 06:05 PM
by Jagminder Chugh Go to last post
0 281
wireless and can't print by bhoward
I am using Vista. I have wireless connection, yet my printer will no longer print from my laptop. What do I need to do to have the printer print from my laptop using wireless connection? My laptop shows I am not connected to the wireless service, yet I am able to search the internet, which is obvious since I am at this site. I wonder if this is why the laptop and printer are not...
July 25th 08 12:47 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
3 4
Printing by Leslie
I have Vista on my Laptop. My daughter downloaded the 'Network Setup' from my desk top and set my laptop up so I could print from it. (I have an HP C4150 All In One printer-it is not wireless, it's hooked up to the Desk top). I could print anything, Word, Excel, Web Sites. A few months later, I had to send the laptop to Toshiba for repairs, they replaced the mother board. We cannot get the...
July 25th 08 02:27 AM
by Leslie Go to last post
0 300
BRAND NEW FOR SALE....Nokia n96 16gb 250 euro by seller55
Hello,We sell electronics at very discount prices.Items such as Mobile phones,laptops,games console,Plasma tvs.All items purchased from our company are brand new sealed with complete accessories in its original casing and comes with 1 year international warranty. We are sales promotional if you buy 2items you will get 1item free i will you to benefit in these promo, FOR FURTHER ENQUIERY PLEASE...
July 24th 08 03:16 PM
by seller55 Go to last post
0 293
Xerox DC 400/350/250 PCL 6 Printer offline by merf
Hello im having problems on our printer Xerox DC 400/350/250 PCL 6 it always have a status of "offline" on two laptops having an OS of Vista, the printer is on Static IP setup. but in most of the computers here having OS XP there is no problem only on the two notebooks running on vista. we have a server "server 2003". Please advise. --
July 23rd 08 04:14 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 409
Canon LBP 5200 by Mediachild
As the title suggests, I've got a *Canon LBP 5200*. I'm running Vista x64 and of course the *drivers won't install*. (and yes, I've tried running as admin and in compatability modes) Does anyone have a fix for this? Canon said that becaust Vista x64 is not in common use, they're not going to support it. I thought maybe if at least I could get the driver installer to run, maybe I could play...
July 23rd 08 02:42 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
2 294
Associating USB device with generic print driver (Virtual USB printer port) by mindy1701
I have Vista problem. I need to know how to associate a USB device with a Generic Print driver on a Virtual USB port. In XP (been using for years) it allow you to go through the step of connecting the device to the generic driver. Vista on the other hand does not seem to allow that, it wants a driver. If I remember correctly on XP you create the virtual USB printer port, then when the device...
July 21st 08 05:34 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 303
VISTA HOME NOT SEEING NETWORK PRINTERS by ChrisA
I just bought a laptop with vista home on it. I am having a odd printer problem. I have 2 networked printers: a Brother MFC-240CN printer and a HP Laserjet 5m. If the printers are turned on before the computer, then Vista see the printers and show thier status as online. However if the printer I wish to print to is turned on AFTER Visa loads, then the printer status shows as OFFLINE and I...
July 21st 08 01:57 PM
by Howard Kaikow Go to last post
6 317
changing preferences for default printer by Chris[_18_]
I'm trying to change the default settings for a printer in Vista. It defaults to Actual Size but I want the 3rd option of printing at 100%. Vista is actually doing a shrink-to fit open for actual size and the only way I can get it to print like XP is if its changed to 100%. So far after I set it and close the printer dialog and re-open it goes back to Actual Size. Does anyone know how to get...
July 21st 08 02:49 AM
by Chris[_18_] Go to last post
0 268
Printed Photos using Gallery gives faded colors by Milkey Way
When i print photos directly from my digital camera via the printer the photos are brilliant but if i upload them onto my computer and try and print them via picture gallery the color is faded. I have printed the same photo via Word, and the colors are fine but i cannot print from the gallery - i have windows vista - what can i do to rectify this? -- Milkey Way
July 21st 08 12:12 AM
by Milkey Way Go to last post
0 290
Fax and Scan Question (using computer in domain) by steve02a
A client of mine has Vista Ultimate. Uses fax and scan heavy in his workplace. Recently, his network moved from Domain A to Domain B. This resulted in his computer creating a new user account when the user logged in under the new domain (while the old domain was history). Under the user's account in Domain A - he used fax and scan a lot and stored everything appropriately. While he is...
July 20th 08 08:43 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
2 253
Premium Vista without fax/scan -- are you kidding me? It's basic! by Designer
I am considering buying a bundled package and just about every combo has the Home Premium version of Vista loaded. Fax/Scan is so basic it should be in the Basic version. To not include it in the Premium version is hard to believe. To add insult to injury, it appears there is no way to even pay for it to later include it. The product manager who came up with this concept better go back...
July 20th 08 07:15 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 341
Help, printing not working at all. by daz72
I have a USB connected printer (Epson DX7450 if it makes a difference), installed (and reinstalled) a number of times. Printer and connection seems fine in that test page prints perfectly well from vista. However when an attempt is made to print from any program (Word, IEexplorer, Notepad, Photo gallery etc) - the program hangs and no printing takes place. Job doesn't even get to the...
July 19th 08 04:20 PM
by rich0101 Go to last post
4 282
Can't install a printer... by c2lAnE
Looking for a little help here, actually, ALOT OF HELP! I have two(2) computers, one(1) laptop; Dell XPS M1710, (less than 10 months old) & One(1) desktop;
July 19th 08 03:49 PM
by c2lAnE Go to last post
2 428
Vista Ultimate Print Driver by Ben
I am looking for help with installing the print driver for Samsung ML-2010 onto my laptop that is running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. When I tried to install the driver on my laptop, all I got was an error message saying that "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers" I also have a desktop that is running the 64 bit version of Vista...
July 19th 08 06:59 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
6 1,039
can't change Vista fax settings by Carol
I have Vista Ultimate and am set up as Administrator. The Windows Fax & Scan settings for General and Security are literally - all - greyed out. I can't select a modem, specify send/receive options or change anything else. The only two changes I made prior to this problem we (1) check the Exceptions box for Windows Fax & Scan in the Windows Firewall (2) under the Security tab, to allow...
July 18th 08 10:57 PM
by Carol Go to last post
5 336
Printing contents of burned discs. by A printing question
How do I print up a list of the contents of a burned disc?
July 18th 08 06:50 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 295
Print Spooler by Zaxdad
HI All. My machine developed a new problem last night. We have 4 printers installed. None are showing up. The print spooler service keeps stopping. I manually restart it but it stops after a few seconds. I goggled it and tried all the suggestions I could find with no luck. I tried reinstalling print drivers with no success. I checked the dependencies and they are all running. Any input would...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 18th 08 05:10 PM
by JimFlagg Go to last post

From The