Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
is it possible to share the printer only? by [email protected]
When you turn on file and printer sharing, both file and printer sharing are turned on. Is there a way to turn on printer sharing only? by default, c$ is always shared on windows XP pro, I am not sure about vista/windows 7 home premium. So there is some security risk with file sharing, while there is less risk with printer sharing. The PCs are behind the firewall, however, there is a...
November 29th 09 07:03 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 364
Delete LPT1 Parallel Port by John
I have a Thinkpad T60p that ships without a parallel port. As a result I get the following error message in Event Viewer: "The Parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."
October 24th 08 06:23 PM
by Black Baptist Go to last post
5 363
Letter by Michele
I need your help my Printer Lexmark Printer Z600 and X2400 Because I can't my copy of card, picture family Thank you Michele Stepanek
May 11th 07 02:13 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 362
How do I remove printer drivers in Windows 7 without print managem by Jorgen
Background: Installed a network printer on a new laptop that bluescreened, now I can't access the print properties atc without getting an error and can't get to print preferences at all. I have reinstalled, removed, installed this printer half a dozen times after this but even choosing to replace printer driver doesn't help at all. The obvious next step is to remove the driver itself but I...
May 19th 10 07:45 PM
by Jorgen Go to last post
0 362
Can't install any printer, used to work by zephiris
Hi, I'm using vista ultimate x64, and no matter what printer i try to add, whether it be local port or network, or different brands of printers, none work and all come up with the 0x000005b3 error: this operation cannot be completed. I started having this problem after I had a power outage, but since then i have done sfc and chkdsk and fixed everything, except for this one problem. I really...
August 25th 08 04:52 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 362
Print Spooler fails when printing from network computer by harryhead
This is an Vista home Prem network with USB installed printer on one and set as shared. HP printer/drivers install fine on all, and print test page works fine from any networked computer. Problem is remote print shuts down Print spooler/services. Restarts/re-installs of printer/drivers does not remedy. All are HP computers, and printer is HP 4280. Can anyone guide me to a solution?:confused:
June 5th 08 03:42 PM
by harryhead Go to last post
0 362
Scanning with multiple pages by Lynx282
How to scan multiple pages and save as one single file without document feeder?
June 5th 08 10:25 AM
by Lynx282 Go to last post
6 362
Cannot add printer on Vista by lensv
We have a W2K3 Printer server on which some HP 4000n are installed. These work alright from our XP machines but from my Vista client I get the following message when I try to add them to the system: Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000006). What might be wrong?
October 24th 07 07:58 AM
by lensv Go to last post
2 362
OCR by Brad Thornbury
Why don't they have OCR built-in to Vista? Wouldn't it make since instead of saving as an image file for documents scanned in... Oh well, just a suggestion.
May 29th 07 10:56 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 361
Driver for HP Photosmart 7660 by ps4444
I have been unable to install my HP Photosmart 7660 onto my laptop running Vista business. I tried to install the drivers that worked on XP and they were not compatable. HP said that I would have to use the alternate driver for vista which is the driver for the Deskjet 5600. The instructions on HPs website said that I could select the driver from the dialog box in the add printer wizard...
March 2nd 08 09:15 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 361
hshshh by jorge[_3_]
adbswjkjwkhwiwejjddlka
September 6th 08 06:01 AM
by jorge[_3_] Go to last post
0 361
printer problems hp4160 by cdooher
I have been have problems with my prints spooling. Some times it prints fine and other times i have to restart the computer and then it prints. When I restart the spooler it does not and i have to delete the printer and reinstall in order to get it to work but it is only temporary. I find my self reinstalling my printer 3-4 times a day. Any help would be great. -- cdooher
September 11th 08 03:46 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 361
Windows Fax "Refreshing" by BobS[_4_]
A client is using Windows Vista Business, sp1 and has been using Windows Fax & Scan module. Recently (though they don't know just when) the fax module stopped working. When it is opened, a notice on the Status Bar says "refreshing" which would imply it is trying to refresh the list of what is in the inbox data set I would assume. It never gets past this. If you try to manually generate a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 09 05:18 PM
by BobS[_4_] Go to last post
10 361
custom forms in vista by amit p[_2_]
I am using an Epson Lq-300+ dot matrix printer in Windows Vista. I am trying to print bills sized 12in by 6in. I added the custom paper size in the print server and it is saved correctly, however, when I try to print, the print properties dialog does not show the paper size. In fact, there are many paper sizes in the print manager that do not show up in the list of available paper sizes.
January 25th 08 03:37 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
5 360
Lexmark 8350 Photo Card save to computer by okedoke1234
I am running Vista Home Premium, 6.0, SP1. I have a Lexmark 8350 that has been running fine. Today I decided to use the Photo Card reading capability on the Lexmark. I put an xD photo card in and the printer read it fine, allowed me to view and print photos from the printer LCD screen. However, when I try to "save to computer" I have problems. It brings up the interface window on the computer...
December 20th 08 06:47 PM
by okedoke1234[_3_] Go to last post
4 360
HP Color LaserJet 4550 - Networking Windows XP 32-bit (x86) with Widows Vista 64-bit by pandaking
Hi there, I currently have a Windows XP (x86) computer running with my "HP Color LaserJet 4550" printer attached. It has been working great for ages, and I share it on my network to my other home computers. All the other computers in my house are also 32-bit. I recently purchased a new computer which is running 64-bit Windows Vista.
November 14th 08 07:44 PM
by pandaking Go to last post
3 360
Printers Disappear from computer. networked and local by Rob L
during the course of the day, it is almost daily now, i will click PRINT in any of the few programs i use and ALL my 7 printers are gone. I have 1 local and the rest networked and Image writer/ .pdf converter. the only way i can get them back is to restart the computer. i have not been able to isolate the incident to a particular program, this has happened on my desktop for a month...
November 5th 08 04:16 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 360
Slow Printer Speed by 1on1spanish
I am running Vista Home Premium edition on an Everex stepnote 2053 I am connected wirelessly to a router and I have an XP machine connected via ethernet it has an HP1100 printer attached to it via parallel cable. I used to be able to print easily to it. Then a few month my everex stopped recognizing the printer. I just made do for a couple of months and then tried adding the printer.
September 11th 08 03:48 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 360
Vista Home Premium X32 -- How to install epson CX3500 printer ? by 123[_2_]
When I connect the CX3500 printer to the computer, vista detect the printer but can not find the driver to install it. Anyone can teach me how to install the printer ? Many thx for your help. p.s. I have called epson customer service and they told me Windows Vista will detect and install the driver, but actually is not!
November 20th 07 11:38 AM
by Bob J Go to last post
1 360
Print Alignments by triponurtoepick
Everytime i try to align my ink, the alignment page prints out fine, but then it stops there. theres supposed to be a window that asks you questions like choose the darkest square, etc, etc but it never shows up. now my color ink shows up as empty and i can only print out things in black and white and everytime i print something out the alignment prints out first. help? -- triponurtoepick
August 26th 08 04:02 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post

From The