Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Sideways FAXs by John R[_6_]
Hey, What's up with Vista flipping my faxes sideways. I can't get them to print right. I have to put them on an XP machine to print them out. Anyone else have this problem? John
March 17th 09 09:38 PM
by John R[_6_] Go to last post
0 221
Printing problem by MrKite
This has probably been covered before but here goes. I cannot print from my Vista laptop (wireless connection to network, Vista desktop connected to router via ethernet, printer connected to desktop). Network is good, everything sees everything, no problems. I have been dealing with this for months. Finally, I found a thread where it said to Add a Printer using local network instead of...
November 25th 08 03:12 PM
by MrKite Go to last post
0 221
LaserJet 1200 printer installed but not scanner by Jefferson2008
I have a Laserjet 1200 printer with the scanner attachmet. I plugged it into a USB port on my Windows Vista Home Premium PC and Vista installed the printer driver and prints fine. However, it does not see it as a scanner. Is there a way to install the scanner drivers? -- Thanks, Jefferson2008
April 17th 09 07:55 PM
by hayedid Go to last post
2 221
Printing / Wireless / Airport Extreme / HP 5600 by Cho-Neko
Hello, I have a wireless network Using an Airport extreme. I print though the Airport extreme using the USB connection on it. My Dell Lap top with Windows XP has no problem printing this way. (Using Bonjour) I also have two newer HP lap tops (pavilion DV 6000) running Vista. With teh computer using Vista I can see the printer, but it will not print,
May 31st 08 09:35 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 221
Lexmark Series 910 by Chris
Printer installed - when trying to print files icon at bottom displays but reads "0 files qeued to print". Went to properties and attempted to print a test page; unsuccessful. The window stated: The file you have selected has failed to print. Troubleshooting not helpful...Any suggestions? Thanks.
March 28th 07 05:02 PM
by Chris Go to last post
0 222
Buffalo linkstation and Vista printer driver problems? by kenne76
Hi! I have following product, Buffalo Linkstation HS-DH500GL, it works fine but except under Vista Home Premium, it take a long to print for example an Word document and sometimes the document doesn't print not at all. But under Windows XP the printing, including Word document works fast and without problems. I have tried these things already.
February 23rd 09 12:54 PM
by kenne76 Go to last post
0 222
Fronte Retro con Epson stylus photo r200 by sergiomanca
Salve a tutti. Ho da poco installato una stampante epson stylus photo r200 su un notebook dotato di windows Vista Home Premium... Mentre con XP il fronte retro funzionava (anche se manuale perchè così previsto) con questo S.O. non riesco a capire come mai non ci sia possibilità di usare la stessa funzione. Ho anche scaricato i drivers dal sito epson ma nulla da fare... Una sola volta, ricordo, ho...
March 22nd 08 06:23 AM
by sergiomanca Go to last post
0 222
Local service for printer buffer is not running by fubbick74
I try to add a printer to my computer. The printer is connected via USB to another computer. I find the printer but when I try to add it, I get an error message. Translated from swedish: The local service for the print buffer isn't running. Restart buffer or computer. This computer has vista and I have no clue what it means. Is a service needed in the other PC, that has the printer connected...
February 18th 08 07:14 PM
by hammerhead Go to last post
2 222
Printing by Whayman2005
I have just changed the black cartridge on a Lexmark X83m but print quality is still bad. I have printed alignemnt pages etc, but no black ink is showing - YES I have removed the seal!
January 16th 08 08:36 PM
by Whayman2005 Go to last post
0 222
Trouble Using "properties" option when printing by Blackbird Consulting
Hi. I have Windows VISTA Home Premium and am connected to a network HP Color LaserJet 2605dn at my office. When I go to print (in Word, Excel, etc), and click on the "properties..." option, a pop-up message says "Function address 0x660aa5aa caused a protection fault. (Exception code 0xc0000005) Some or all property page(s) may not be displayed." This means I cannot change my print...
February 12th 08 04:02 PM
by Eric Go to last post
2 222
Vista gives access denied to shared XP printer by Daniel
Hi, Here are a few tricks found in various newsgroups which did it for me. Please note that the tips below will only using an admin account, not with a standard account. On the XP machine: - enable the Guest account on the XP machine (don't know why this has to be done, normally this account is disabled) - check the permissions on the XP share$ folder (Everyone read)
August 17th 07 12:47 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
0 222
installing a lexmark x5150 printer by jstanley
printer installs and says it is running properly however when i try to print i get nan error code of 0000006. HELP can anyone tell mme what is wrong????? printer worked just fine on my XP.
March 4th 07 09:39 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 222
Issues with printing and viewport/clipping by JimmyG
I have this weird situation where I will be in Excel working on a chart in it's own tab, and when I decide it's time to print, my display seems to so zoom in and I now have to resize the physical chart on the page to see it again before I print. If I printed it as it is, it would crop the pic. (somewhere around 75% or orig is viewable). This only happens when I chose to print that chart,...
July 17th 07 12:58 AM
by JimmyG Go to last post
2 222
Spooler sub system by Patti P
Spooler Subsystem App stopped working keeps appearing when I try to print. I uninstall the driver, then re-install the driver and possibly get the printer to work. The next time the computer is turned on it is hit and miss whether the printer will work (usually not) The printer is a Lexmark X1270 and I have received the correct drivr from Lexmark for the Vista. I must say I am getting...
June 28th 07 12:12 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 222
Problem with Lexmark P4350 patch for Vista by Joh
Has anybody else come across a problem with Lexmark P4350 patch for Vista. Upon installation it causes a problem that cannot be fixed via "startup repair". Now my computer is trapped in a circle of "Startup Repair". Please help Regards
September 28th 07 02:01 PM
by JACKKK. Go to last post
1 222
network a canon ipPIXMA installed on Xp computer with Vista comput by jacko
I have a Canon printer installed on an XP desktop computer. It was networked with another XP desktop computer. When I installed Vista on the computer without the printer I was unable to get printer networking. I've gone on line and saw many ideas on how to do make it work. Nothing has worked for me so far. I have Norton 2007 installed. Canon says because the printer works when hooked...
April 23rd 07 06:09 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 222
HP Wireless Printing Upgrade Kit by Val
Since I am a loyal HP fan I bought a pavilion with Vista. My Printer is a HP with a HP wireless printing upgrade kit (for XP) I need to find out how to get the vista driver or will there be one in the near future. Also why is it that since they are all hp products why isn't it simple to get get the driver?
February 20th 07 07:14 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 222
Scanjet 7400C by Paul
Installed just-released HP driver for 7400C scanner Hardware configuration works fine on XP Initally tests OK under Camera and Scanner Imaging Control Panel When I try to scan using Windows Fax and Scan the I can select the scanner and options and when I press the scan button the scan initally starts then halts. After a while I get a message box "A problem prevented the document
May 7th 07 08:52 PM
by hitman05 Go to last post
5 223
Cannot print from Works 8 spreadsheet by feroze_khan
I just bought an HP Vista Home Premium computer 32 bit and when I go into Microsoft works 8 spreadsheet to print a document - I get the message that "MS Works 8 has stopped working. Other applications are able to print without any problems at all which proves that the printer is installed properly and is working fine. Please Help.
March 4th 07 09:42 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 223
.Tiff files printing 2 pages by Frustrated
I have TIF files that I want to view / print from the Windows (Vista) Photo Gallery - When I open it, it shows Page 1 of 2 / 2 of 2. they are the same picture but one looks to be more of a thumb nail size However, when I do properties it shows just 1 pic 2560 x 1920. I can open in any other photo editor / viewer and it prints / shows properly. I can open other file types w/o any problems,...
March 1st 07 01:40 AM
by Frustrated Go to last post

From The