Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
How mutch longer must we wait? by Christopher Smith
HP and MS have left us swinging in the wind after Vista has swiftlyswollen their coffersm The saga of promised drivers and updatesfor legacy and new printers that have not come forth despite us spending money for these expencive pieces of balky hard ware are often now paper weight/s! Get withit HP and MS before you all will follow Carly Fiorina! Chris Smith Princes of Maine @wildmoo.net
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 07 08:19 PM
by Sunhome Go to last post
10 321
How to Allow Standard users to install network printers by Gilmore, Aran
Does anybody know what the best practice for allowing standard users to install network printers is in Windows Vista?
December 6th 07 06:00 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 394
How to Allow Standard users to install network printers by Gilmore, Aran
Does anybody know what the best practice for allowing standard users to install network printers is in Windows Vista?
November 30th 07 09:12 PM
by Gilmore, Aran Go to last post
0 276
how to avoid country code while faxing? by Ruta
Hi, I have Vista, and as you all know - it does not have fax. I use Act! and FaxAdmin. That is the only way I can send faxes. But! When I try to do that it dials: country code (81)+ area code+ fax#. But it doesn't work, since I am in the same country (Japan). I went though lots of troubles with FaxAdmin support - they blame it all on Windows. They said I need to check rules in Phone and...
November 15th 08 10:11 PM
by Barrell Go to last post
5 333
How to connect to XP Remote Printer from Vista by Makarand
I am trying to remotely access an HP All-in-One printer connected to a Windows XP Pro notebook from a desktop computer running Windows Vista Home Premium. Seems simple enough -- Add Printer, Network printer etc. but the Vista computer just does not see the printer although it is shared and I have followed basic instructions to enable security policies etc. on the XP machine. I have seen similar...
October 22nd 07 08:24 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 260
How to get HP Printers working on Vista by Birk Binnard
The following steps are what I discovered over about a 4 day period. My system is Vista Home Premium and I have a LaserJet 2500 color printer. I was previously running XP Home SP2 and I figured it would be easy to move the LJ2500 over to my new Vista machine and still use the XP system as a backup. Needless to say moving the printer was the hardest part of migrating from XP to Vista. I'll...
March 29th 07 04:18 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
3 279
How to get to Windows Fax and Scan by chas
KB article 930087 says to 1. Click Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan. To get to Windows Fax and Scan. The list of OSs that it applies to includes Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit Edition which is what I run. But I can't find Windows Fax and Scan on the start menu. I was happy for a while because in all the help I could find on my system it didn't...
October 6th 08 09:20 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
5 277
How to handle faxes by Simone Chemelli
Dar all, any news on how to handle old faxes from XP or from another Vista install ? -- Simone Chemelli MCP (Exchange 2003)
February 21st 07 08:09 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
5 280
How to install a HP printerdriver when you can't find it?! by detekstschrijver.nl
I've found on the HP-site an exe-file for my all-in-one HP 5610 Officejet. I've downloaded it twice, but when I search my files, I can't find the file anywhere! I've even allowd to see all hidden files, but that didn't show the downloaded file. When I search, I also can't find it. Anyone?! -- Barbara Philipsen detekstschrijver.nl T +316-11320160 E I...
April 9th 07 11:59 AM
by detekstschrijver.nl Go to last post
4 341
How to make a fax by 88pop88
I tried to find the fax in the Print area and in All Program, but I don't see any where I can Fax. Thank you!!
August 9th 07 11:54 PM
by 88pop88 Go to last post
3 311
how to print a figure in her original size (100%)? by Sjoerd[_2_]
I would like to know how to print a picture in his original size with "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" or "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer". In both programs you have to use the "photo printing wizard" if you want to print. In this wizard are only a few standard "available layouts" to set the size of the picture. You can't choose for scale 1:1 / 100% / original size. Thanx for your...
November 28th 07 08:23 AM
by Sjoerd[_2_] Go to last post
0 237
how to print in dos to usb printer by Ron b.
How can i print in dos to a usb port printer.
July 14th 08 09:48 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 423
How to Print To File for modification by David B.[_5_]
I want to print a graphic image from Firefox to a file for modification using Paint Shop Pro. Normally the grapic would be printed directly to my HP Laserjet 5P. I can print to file, but don't understand the format or how to access it. After modification, I want to print it on the HP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
February 12th 08 06:52 PM
by David B.[_5_] Go to last post
5 375
how to print to usb printer in dos by Ron b.
does anyone know how to print to a usb printer in dos from dos prompt. no lpt1 port Parallel port printer.
November 8th 08 11:44 AM
by GP Go to last post
5 275
How to Remove a USB Printer? by Paul DeVivo
What is the correct way to delete / uninstall / remove a USB printer so all it's driver files are also removed so that, if reconnected, it will be discovered by Windows (new hardware found) just as if it had never previously been connected?
March 6th 08 08:03 PM
by Philippe BADIN Go to last post
4 270
How to remove an offline printer by TJ
I had a printer that quit working that I had to replace. I can't remove the printer from my printers folder. I am logged on as administrator but I get an error message 0x00000057. I am at a loss as to how to get rid of it. Any suggestions are welcomed. TJH
December 29th 07 09:33 PM
by KevinW Go to last post
5 271
How to remove local printer ports? by vector1
I created a local port by accident, and it's clashing with another port that Vista installed. I need to remove it, but I seem to be locked out of removing it...any ideas on how to remove it?
February 4th 08 10:52 PM
by lancelot Go to last post
2 202
How to restart spooler? by Adrian Bailey
I have a Lexmark X1270 printer, which ran okay on XP, but hasn't worked properly on Vista. So I've uninstalled the driver and installed the Vista driver from their website. Now, I get Windows messages that the spooler has been stopped. How do I restart it? When I type "net start spooler" at the command prompt I get System Error 5. Adrian
July 3rd 09 03:46 AM
by Paul Lamoreux[_2_] Go to last post
5 371
How to share printers (and files) in Vista by Birk Binnard
This KB article explains it all. I used the steps in the Printer Sharing section to successfully share my LaserJet 2500 with my old XP system. Here's the article URL: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/network/evaluate/vista_fp.mspx -- Birk Binnard http://www.birkbinnard.com
March 29th 07 09:44 PM
by Chandrasekhar Go to last post
1 321
How to share printers between Vista and XP by Tek_Freek
I have three PC's. XP Home, XP Pro, and Vista Ultimate. XP Home has an HP 952c connected via USB XP Pro has an HP d145 connected via USB Vista needs to share both XP Home/952c has a different login than XP Pro or Vista XP Pro and Vista have the same login I can share the printer on the XP Pro with Vista
March 22nd 07 07:12 PM
by Tek_Freek Go to last post

From The