Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Win7/Vista printing from 32bit to 64bit or 64bit to 32bit by Patrick[_14_]
Greetings All, What is up with print jobs just hanging ??? Printing either from Vista or Win7 64bit to Win7 32bit ??? going from a 32Bit Vista or Win7 will have issues printing to the Win7 64bit too! I have tried the 'local port' setup, and I am NOT new to this rodeo... I have trouble shot printers for a couple decades now... Printer Sharing is setup and functions FINE for 32bit to...
January 20th 10 08:32 PM
by Patrick[_14_] Go to last post
0 357
16-bit printing problem with Vista by ronc
Hi, We need to run one of our large 16bit Visual Basic 3.0 applications on Vista Ultimate (32bit) while we rewrite the app in VB .Net. So far I have been able to install the VB3 app, and even the VB3 dev, on Vista and with a few small changes all runs well except for printing from the VB app. We use the VB PrintForm command to print a screen image from the app. All works well under Windows...
July 4th 08 08:28 AM
by SteveEasy Go to last post
4 356
no print to fax driver? by Steven[_7_]
Can someone lead me to a print to fax driver for vista? Thanks in advance
August 22nd 08 05:48 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP-P/I] Go to last post
1 356
Windows Fax and Scan Security Permissions by Thomas
Hello all, I recently tried Windows Fax and Scan and changed the security permissions under ToolsFax Settings. All I did was to let Everyone have Full Access to Fax and Scan. I just tried to access ToolsFax Settings again today but was denied with a message: "You do not have security permissions to complete this operation. Contact your fax administrator for more information." When I...
December 11th 07 02:00 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
6 356
Paper Mismatch Error Code (1/2 Fold Greeting Card Envelope) by KTinTC
I have an HP Pavilion a6110n PC and HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One Printer. Works (Version 8.5) came with the computer. I also have the Hallmark Studio Card Program 2007 (for Vista). I am trying to print half-fold greeting card envelopes (8.5" w x 5.5" l and 8.75" w x 5.75" w) and have been unsuccessful. I have gone thru the motions of creating a "custom size" envelope (the Windows...
February 20th 08 06:01 PM
by Timnum Go to last post
7 356
DOT4_001 Problems with VISTA Ultimate SP1 HP Officejet K80 by Stokenking
::I try printing to this USB printer that connects to Dot4_001 printer port but the printer does not react at all Print spooler reports error restarts automatically and the errors again.:: ::See event log entry below.:: ::The printer could print, scan and fax before my SP1 update . Have removed and reinstalled SP1 to no avail.:: ::I am now trying to delete this port but the system will not...
March 31st 08 10:22 PM
by Stokenking Go to last post
0 356
Problem Fax setting and Fax Account by Alvis
I am Having trouble in adding Fax account in windows vista Fax and Scan. After choosing a modem name in Fax Setup window the moment I click next I get an error message "an error occurred. Please try the operation later or contact your administrator". I have an internal fax modem, its working fine. I mean I am able to connect to the net and all. And another problem is when i click Fax Setting from...
November 3rd 07 09:39 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 356
no copy(black page?);printing is intermittant by Jack Frost
copy has black over page inop,printer is intermittant
July 23rd 09 07:23 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 356
Vista Prints Mirror images to HP 3840 Any way to fix driver? by jsau
My Vista PC is the only PC on my home network that has this issue, I double checked "Print Preferences" and they are all good. Is there a chance that HP has an updated vista driver for my printer, on their site?
February 10th 07 09:48 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
2 356
adding a new tab into properties dialog of my Incoming Method in the Microsoft Windows Fax Service. by Andrej Hristoliubov
Hello Everyone.... I have registered my inbound routing extension in the Microsoft Windows Fax Service. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms690228(VS.85).aspx for details. Now I want to add the Store in Folder tab in my inbound routing properties dialog similar Store in Folder tab of the Microsoft's Store in Folder inbound routing extension. For example: 1. Go to Windows Server 2008...
July 23rd 09 05:11 AM
by Andrej Hristoliubov Go to last post
0 355
Windows equivalent of Unix spool directory by John Goche
Hello, Under Unix a logged in user can print to a printer with the lpr command. What happens is that the print job goes to a special directory on the Unix operating system's filesystem such directory known as a spool directory. From the spool directory the job goes into the printer's memory from which it is printed.
August 4th 09 04:47 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
4 355
Stopping change of standard printer by Paul Guijt
Hi all, MS Onenote keeps changing the standard printer into itself. Is there some way to fixate the standard printer, e.g. in policy settings? Thanks for your answer(s). Paul
August 22nd 08 06:04 AM
by Paul Guijt Go to last post
0 355
Error when printing across through a router by Chris Ryan
I have connected my Acer laptop runnig Vista to my Medion Desktop running XP using a D- Link router, using the I.P address from the XP computer I can access theI can access the shared folders and it brings up the Epson SX200 but when I double click it I get the error 0x00000709. I have printer sharing enabled on the printer and in widows firewall. Please help
January 3rd 09 05:15 PM
by garywelch Go to last post
6 355
Text Editing by david30
Does anyone know how to edit text or add text to a document that has been scanned?
January 7th 08 01:36 AM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
2 355
PDF by geanet
My old application for PDF documents creation (running under XP) doesn't run under Vista . What can I use for this matter? Someone can help me?
December 13th 07 12:54 AM
by momo Go to last post
4 355
Any Known Issues with Lexmark X8350 All-in-One by Andy D[_2_]
I just ordered one of these yesterday, I looked it up and confirmed that it is Vista compatible, just wondering if I should be aware of any problems to look for when I go about installing it to my computer. Thanks in advance-Andy
November 21st 07 06:12 PM
by rnrdude Go to last post
3 355
"Scale to fit" print option never works by Shaun
I have tried it on several printers, previously on XP and now on Vista Ultimate and it never works. What I expect it to do is resize an image so that it fits on the page. What it does is nothing. I doesn't resize the image at all, as far as I can see, let alone fitting it onto the page. Am I not using this feature correctly, or is it a bug in Windows that MS never seem to get around to...
October 11th 07 05:54 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 355
HP Scanjet G3010 by Warren Fuller
Has anyone been successful with HP's just released driver (full version) for the Scanjet G3010 with Vista Home Premier? I've tried twice to install the driver and both times I get the following: "Fatal Error" "Internal Error 2738" "MSI.imagezoneexpress" I left a message with HP, but have heard nothing back and don't expect to. Thanks in advance, Warren Fuller
April 9th 08 02:10 PM
by Bob Go to last post
9 355
HP 7310 All-In-One on network by rzande1
I have an hp 7310 installed on the network rather than on usb so I can use it with another labtop. Well microsoft installs it perfectly.....as a printer. The problem is that I cannot get it to recognize it as a scanner. I am sure it would work if I plugged it in as a usb but I am not going to do that. Any ideas on how to get my scanner back?
February 8th 07 07:10 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 355
Vista Business fax issues by tricky300
Hi, Thanks to anyone who can help. Scan and Fax seems to be severley messed up on my PC. I am running Vista Business as a standalone PC. I tried to use fax for the first time today and came up against several 'brick walls'. I could not send because the system gave me some message about RPC (unfortunately I cannot remember the full message and cannot reproduce now).
November 16th 07 10:38 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post

From The