Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
print envelopes word 2003 vista home premium by silmov
Hi, Anyone, When I write a letter in Word, Envelopes won't print my return address, although it's included in my letterhead. So, I type in the return address. Then I'm asked whether I want to make it my Default. I click "yes" but then it's gone for the next letter. Difficult when I need to send out lots of letters. :confused: -No problema- in previous XP. By the way, Forums has helped this...
July 4th 08 02:17 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 292
Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder by seb111
When trying to launch win fax & scan I get an error: "Windows Fax and Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder ..." The MyDocuments folder is in my F: drive partition. I'd like to keep it there since that where I store my data files for back-up, but I'm willing to create another Documents folder where fax & scan can access it. Please advise.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 3rd 08 11:02 PM
by Jasonw[_3_] Go to last post
14 733
Slow printing on network and local printer in Vista by LVTravel[_2_]
I originally posted this 6-24 on only the Vista Printer_fax_scan NG with no response. Multiposted now to broaden the range of people seeing the post. Really need assistance. TIA. I have a laptop (new HP) with Vista Home Premium SP1 preinstalled, 3 GB RAM, 250GB HDD, AMD Turion 64 processor. Using Zone Alarm free as firewall and AVG 8 free as antivirus. Know that firewall is not issue since...
July 3rd 08 02:45 PM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post
6 323
collating pages when printing. by sennyo1
when printing a booklet(double sided) in microsoft publisher the pages do not collate properly.i can tell the printer to collate but it doesn't.in xp i do not have this problem. im using an epson r220-latest drivers. vista home premium(sp1) microsoft office 2007(sp1) hope someone can help its driving me insane!
July 3rd 08 11:55 AM
by Sinner Go to last post
3 338
printer spooler not running by aga151
Hi, After having a diagnostic check on my Lexmark X4580 printer running on Windows XP Home edition,the Lexmark Technician told me I need to get an update fo Windows Spooler Service, where and what do I need to download to fix this. regards aga
3 359
HP printing on both sides in Vista by James
I have an HP Laserjet 1300 and for some reason my driver won't let me print on bothsides manually like I used to do. The vista drivers on the HP site have not worked for me. Does anyone have a fix?
July 3rd 08 01:45 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
8 449
can you purchase windows fax and scan without having to get ultima by Adrian
I have windows home premium. I need to be able to fax. It is not worth pying $159 to upgrade to ultimate because i do not need the other items. does any one know of options?
July 2nd 08 07:08 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 396
Epson C62 Printer Status Monitor i.e. ink levels by Ritchie B
Since connecting my Epson C62 printer to Vista, the status monitor function, which includes a monitor for the residual ink levels, does not operate. Epson have advised me that this is a Microsoft issue. Has anybody found a solution to get the status monitor for this printer working in Vista?
July 2nd 08 05:36 PM
by Kathy T in MI Go to last post
1 393
Sharing Printer: Vista32 & 64 by rosomak_pl
Hi, (at first - sorry for language mistakes) I've got hp printer connected by USB cable to pc, which works on Vista 32 bit. I have shared it succesfully by my local network to notebooks with another 32-bit Vista and XP. Now I try share it to another laptop with Vista-64 bit installed and I can't. I've searched for solution somewhere here but nothing helps. When trying to add a printer as a...
July 2nd 08 01:22 PM
by rosomak_pl Go to last post
0 302
HP Laserjet 3500 never collating on Word 07, Windows Vista by UAV-PHD
Every time I try to collate my documents, it never works. I've tried selecting Collate in both the printing dialog box, as well as printer settings (advanced tab). I've tried selecting collate in the dialog, but deselecting it in the settings, and vice versa. It simply will not collate! The problem is the same with my HP Pav laptop. HP 3500 Laserjet with the latest drivers connected to the...
July 2nd 08 08:08 AM
by UAV-PHD Go to last post
2 338
Restore by Leslie
I added my printer after system restore. I cna print from Excel (extremely slow) but cannot print from anywhere else, IE: Word, web sites, etc. Any suggestions? I have an HP Photosmart C4100. Thank you -- Leslie
July 2nd 08 01:45 AM
by Leslie Go to last post
2 315
HP LaserJet 1022 + Windows Photo Gallery by Alexey Makshanov
I have installed HP LaserJet 1022 printer. That's a default one. And it's shared. But I cannot get it to print from Windows Photo Gallery program or if I choose an Windows Explorer. That printer does not appear at the list of printers. But I can easy to use it in any other programs, like MS Office or Adobe Photoshop. What to do?
July 1st 08 06:24 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
5 284
Lexmark E312 by Howard Kaikow
I've got a Lexmark E312 connected to a Windows desktop and set up for print sharing. However, a Vista notebook cannot use that printer because there are no Vista compatible drivers on the Win 2000 system. Is there a workaround?
July 1st 08 05:48 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 297
Why can't I fax scanned documents? by deko
I have Vista Ultimate and a new USRobotics PCI FaxModem. WFS faxing works fine if I compose the content of the fax in the WFS New Fax editor window and then click send. But if I try to insert an attachment - a PDF or TIFF document created with my Microtek scanner - the fax fails with an "Invalid Data" error message. Is my scanner creating a file that WFS cannot render? Or is there some...
July 1st 08 06:14 AM
by Sinner Go to last post
6 333
Printing on Both sides by James
I have an HP Laserjet 1300. I used to be able to check the box "print on both sides" and the driver I had would let me do it manually. For some reason it stopped working, I have used all the drivers on the HP site they recommend for Vista (none are really 100% supported). Does anyone have the magic driver to solve this problem?
July 1st 08 01:30 AM
by huwyngr Go to last post
2 302
Add Printer on Vista x64 installed on XP x86 by ginster
Hello :), I have a few pcs networked together. All are running Xp x86(using windows firewall) and have a different printer installed on each. I recently added a Vista x64 pc to the mix, it has no printer connect directly to it, and it can access all the other pcs from it(file sharing is good, same workgroup). My problems is that I cannot print from the Vista x64 system to any of the other Xp...
June 29th 08 09:21 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 352
Unhappy
Printing on the Net by GodZilla
Hi gang, Does anyone know of any known problems with Vista when printing webpages? I've had my current PC for nearly a year and have had no problems at all when printing MS Office files other than the driver disappearing every couple of weeks. But fortunately I have since managed to solve this teething problem. Anyway, every time I try to print something from the Internet, it prints the page...
June 29th 08 08:40 PM
by GodZilla Go to last post
2 337
HP Photosmart C4200 All in one Instalation Cd problem by ericiko[_2_]
I go crazy, there's no way something could go right for me. The other day I bought an HP Photosmart C4200 All in one and for a reason or other the Instalation Cd doesn't work. Tryed in any possible way just won't read it. Brought it back to the store and there it worked. Could anyone give me some tips, pleeease!:mad: I have Vista but it should be compatible with it. Heeeeelp
June 29th 08 05:13 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
3 321
Brother HL-2170W by Howard Kaikow
Network has Win 2000 Pro desktop and Vista Home Premium notebook. Connected via D-Link DIR-655 router. Installed printer on network, running from Vista system. Then from Windows 2000 system. In Network, I see both BRNsomestring, icon is monitor connected to something (a tower or router?) Brother HL-2170W series , icon is a printer
June 29th 08 03:34 AM
by Howard Kaikow Go to last post
3 312
Network printer offline by Tom from WI[_2_]
I added a network printer to my new Vista Home Premium laptop and printed to it without a problem. Then I shut down the laptop. When I start it up again, it lists the network printer as being offline and won't print to it. If I delete it and then add it again, it works great until the next time I shut the laptop down and start again. How do I keep the printer from being offline to my laptop?...
June 28th 08 04:05 AM
by Tom from WI[_2_] Go to last post

From The