Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Default printer disappears in Word by lozan365
Every time I open Word the default printer has "disappeared". I get an error message saying the printer has not responded and asking whether I want to wait. This makes printing very, very difficult. Does anyone have a solution. I am using Vista Home edition, Office 2003 and the printer is an Epson D78. I have installed the new driver for the D78 and Vista. I have uninstalled and...
June 27th 08 03:49 PM
by CNP Go to last post
5 419
notepad by elladave
Keep getting "parameters incorrect" when trying to print from note pad. Am running Vista and using Epson C60 with latest driver update
June 27th 08 07:35 AM
by elladave Go to last post
0 345
Printer color profile onscreen display by Chufflebean
I am trying to use Photoshop to display my images with the same colors as they'll appear when I print them on my printer. I'm pretty new to color management, and the first time I did it, I simply followed instructions and everything worked great. I assigned my printer's ICC profile to the document in Photoshop, and it looked onscreen almost exactly like it did when printed. Then, a few weeks...
June 27th 08 01:31 AM
by Chufflebean Go to last post
0 341
I can't print any thing from the net by jimmer
HI I hope someone can help. I have and hp pc I using vista bus 64 bit , since the update to vista with sp1 I can't print from the net if I hit the print button the little icon comes up with no docs printing, I can print from office word as long as its not on the net. Please i hope someone can help me jim
June 27th 08 12:04 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 382
Fujitsu ScanSnap S500 Vista Drivers Don't Work by Joe Treaf[_2_]
You need to hang in there. I called the US help desk early in the morning and got a really helpful guy. I forget his name or I would give it to you. He needs to direct you to a special hidden site which contains ALL of their downloads. He will create unique 1 time use ID and Password that will allow you to download the file. You just need to get a hold of the right person to grant you...
June 26th 08 11:27 PM
by swift[_4_] Go to last post
5 543
Can't print from IE7 on Windows Vista Premium by PMM
Trying to print from web sites browsing with IE7 on a Windows Vista Premium PC. I can print without problems from Word or Windows Mail. Printer is a HP Officejet 5610. Any ideas what the problem may be?
June 26th 08 01:31 PM
by PMM Go to last post
5 458
Lexmark printer only prints web pages by CKM
My Lexmark X2450 has been working on my Vista PC since May'07. Sometime in the last few weeks something has changed and initially it seemed that it wouldn't print anything. Lots of experimentation and uninstalls later, I've come to the conclusion that the printer is O.k. as it will print test pages and IE web pages, but I can't get it to print anything else, (Word docs etc. These show as...
June 25th 08 09:52 PM
by CKM[_5_] Go to last post
6 548
Printing with USB to Centronix by fredadore
With XP you can use the Centronix to USB cables and print from a machine that does not have a parallel port by using the USB. Why can't you use the same cable with Vista.
June 25th 08 09:52 PM
by fredadore Go to last post
0 291
Vista Home Premium and HP Officejet 6310 by DJT[_2_]
Hi, I have been following this group for sometime as I wanted to setup and occasionally use a fax modem, maybe once a year. Having discovered thru this forum that Vista Home premium did not have Fax facility built in like XP did, I purchased a HP Officejet 6310 when current AIO started getting noisey and appeared to be failing. When I tried to use that fax printer driver to send a test fax...
June 25th 08 11:21 AM
by Larry[_7_] Go to last post
2 304
Can't delete printer - Access Denied by Bill
A friend has a Toshiba laptop running Vista Home. He has a printer that cannot be deleted. When I attempt to delete the printer from Control Panel | Printers I get an "accesss denied" error. The printer had five documents in the queue. I cannot cancel the documents (no error message is given). There are two user accounts on the computer. I have tried to delete the printer from both accounts and...
June 25th 08 12:23 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
8 396
Windows Fax & Scan Won't Open by Gerry
I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit version. I moved my Documents folder from the C:\ drive to my E:\ Data drive some time ago. When I open the Start Menu I now see "Data (E:)" on the button that used to read "Documents." I moved the folder to E:\ by right-clicking on the default "Documents" label, entering Properties/Location and indicating that I wanted the new location to be E:\...
June 24th 08 10:46 PM
by Gerry Go to last post
6 453
Windows Photo Gallery (still) does not list printer by Luc Balemans
Sorry to reintroduce the same issue as on June 12th. A solution is urgently needed... I'm running Vista Home Premium. I have 2 printers installed, 1 hp LaserJet 1010 on USB and 1 network printer. Both printers appear in Control Panel Printers. I have access to these printers in any application (Word, Excel...) EXCEPT in Windows Photo Gallery. The only printer available there is the...
June 24th 08 08:05 PM
by Luc Balemans Go to last post
0 328
IE7 & Vista printing problems by PA Bear [MS MVP]
Can you print if you start IE with Protected Mode disabled? When I pasted "ICACLS "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Temp\Low" /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low" into run, it simply did a very quick flash of a small black screen Say your User Account is named Chris12: Did you replace %userprofile% with Chris12 before running the Command, such that the line read...
June 24th 08 07:22 PM
by PA Bear [MS MVP] Go to last post
4 448
Lexmark Z25 Printer by Kev Cole
Hi all, A friend of mine is having problems hooking his printingupto Vista Basic. I popped over to see him to find that the printer seems to install ok but when printing is selected the printer goes through the motions of it all and then just spits a blank page out. I have tried downloading drivers from Lexmarks' site to no avail.
June 24th 08 05:14 PM
by Kev Cole Go to last post
2 322
Pdf Printing by aking1001
I have a Dell Dimension 8400 with Vista Home Premium 32-bit Service Pack 1, 3 GB of RAM and an HP Laserjet 1020 printer. When I try to print a pdf file the printer disappears from the Print Folder ( I think the service stops running). To enable printing again I have to go to: C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS and delete 2 files: .spl and .shd (one of which appears to be a shockwave flash...
June 24th 08 04:57 PM
by aking1001 Go to last post
0 345
Slow printing, both network and local printer in Vista by LVTravel[_2_]
I have a laptop (new HP) with Vista Home Premium SP1 preinstalled, 3 GB RAM, 250GB HDD, AMD Turion 64 processor. Using Zone Alarm free as firewall and AVG 8 free as antivirus. Know that firewall is not issue since have full access to printers (can ping the network connected printers) and all other networked computers without problem. I understand that AVG has had a printing issue in the...
June 24th 08 04:08 AM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post
0 311
IE7 & Vista printing problems by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista P,F & S) "Chris12" wrote in message ... My printer is working fine with all other applications except for Internet Explorer 7.0. When I try to print from IE I get no response whatsoever--no error message, no system promblems, it just doesn't do anything. I am using ...
June 23rd 08 10:11 PM
by Chris12 Go to last post
2 341
Printing queue, printed document residual artifact, time to print (multiple query) by Phil[_11_]
Hi, Hope someone with Vista knowledge can help me in figuring this out. Have a new(er) HP computer with Vista Premium attached to a Lexmark X5150 all-in-one. This computer is also connected via home Lan (multi-port Ethernet switch) to an old Gateway 2000 W98 computer which prints to an old HP 4P. When I print to the usb connected Lexmark using the Vista computer using IE7
June 23rd 08 08:12 PM
by Phil[_11_] Go to last post
0 305
Can not delete printer by Bill
A friend has a Toshiba laptop running Vista Home. He has a printer that cannot be deleted. When I attempt to delete the printer I get an "accesss denied" error. The printer had five documents in the queue. I cannot cancel the documents either. He has two user accounts on the computer. I have tried to delete the printer from both accounts and get the same error with both. I enabled the...
June 23rd 08 05:42 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
6 370
printer deletion by lee meadows
cannot get printer cache to delete -- lee meadows
June 23rd 08 05:25 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post

From The