Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
scanner by sleepyjoe
when i go into photo gallery import from scanner, i select my scanner,press import nothing happens. help please
June 19th 08 02:57 PM
by Sinner Go to last post
7 495
FAIL TO SEND FAX with windows fax and scan by aking_lee
hi guys,i am here in the hope of getting someone help me out. the situation is: PURPOSE: to send fax from my laptop OS:vista sp1 SOFTWAwin fax and scan HARDWAthink pad moden and i am sure i have connected with a CAPABLE phone wire the outcome: the document is pending by administrator.
June 19th 08 02:54 PM
by Sinner Go to last post
6 398
June 19th 08 01:44 PM
by Tom Lake[_2_] Go to last post
1 347
Printer by 69sexy
My printer is not working. It say that it is offline but I checked and made sure and it back online but still not working. What do I need to do about this problem?
June 19th 08 02:19 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 409
HP PSC 2210 and Vista by Chris
Has anyone else had trouble installing and using the scan feature of the HP PSC 2210 All-in-One? We cannot get the scan driver to load correctly in Vista. Does anyone have any information on this? I am an IT guy and have visited the HP site, tried doing a manual install of the driver, etc. and still have had no luck. The system in question is a Toshiba Satellite Notebook running Vista...
June 19th 08 12:46 AM
by roxnunez Go to last post
2 317
Printer not spooling properly? by Alison
Hi, my HP3940 isn't printing. When I send a document to print it will show briefly in the printer folder with the message saying spooling then everything disappears and nothing happens. Have tried restarting spooler but nothing seems to rectify. Printer says that it is ready but can't seem to get anything to get as far as the printer. Any ideas? Alison
June 18th 08 11:31 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 643
Windows Photo Gallery does not list printer by Luc Balemans
I sent the message below to the "microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video" community on 8 Jun. One reply so far, but no workable solution yet. Would the present community have the answer? ******** Running Vista Home Premium. I have 2 printers installed, 1 USB and 1 network printer. I can use them in any application (Word, Excel...) except in Windows Photo Gallery. The only printer...
June 18th 08 09:08 PM
by Luc Balemans Go to last post
1 395
Receiving Faxes Vista Home Premium by Melinda K. Hummel
I'm able to send Faxes using my Dell 926 3 in one printer but can't seem to receive them even though I use the setting in the software. I am able to send a Fax however.Do I need to change a setting in the control panel or elsewhere.
June 18th 08 06:24 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
1 338
WHat has MS done to TCP Network Printing? by Al Dykes
This is an anticipatory question. I haven't tried to hook a Vista machine up to a network printer yet. My preferred way to print on a shared printer is via what Unix geeks call LPR/LPRd protocol. It's worked fine from W/98 (With HPJetAdmin installed ), on, but in each OS, Microsoft has completely changed the setup procedure. I expect they have done it yet again. If it's not the same, can...
June 18th 08 06:18 PM
by Bistey Csaba Go to last post
3 324
HP printer error or busy by Alison
My problem now is trying to install a wireless print server to my laptop. I have a HP3940 which I can use through USB port. However, when I try to print to it through the print server it won't work. I am 99% certain that I have set everything up correctly, I can ping it, it says that it is ready and the IP config page says that it has printed 8 pages successfully, is up and running and is...
June 18th 08 06:04 PM
by Alison Go to last post
0 348
HP 7300--print queue won't clear by grandmalj
the print queue won't clear so nothing new can print. the test page is in the queue and says deleting, but it never does. consequently, nothing going into the queue will print. I can't figure our how to get the queue to clear so i can start fresh. rebooting the computer doesn't fix it.... help!!!!!!!
June 18th 08 12:02 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
4 396
HP All in One J6480 Windows Update, Necessary? by Butcherboy
I recently installed the hp machine and hp website seem to do everything to update all of its huge software and the product works fine. However, a few days ago, windows update began sending this update: HP - Printers - HP Officejet J6400 series Download size: 42.8 MB Update type: Recommended HP Printers software update released in February, 2005. It fails and fails. I followed the ms...
June 18th 08 02:09 AM
by Butcherboy Go to last post
0 336
June 18th 08 12:34 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 413
printer delay using Vista by Van
I have a Konica Minolta color Laser (Magicolor 2300DL) printer. When I used XP there was no delay from the time I clicked print to the time the printer fired up. Now it takes sometimes several minutes with Vista. Under the printer icon it was downloading the images, but I would not think that it sh ould take that long to start up the printer. Any others have this problem?
June 17th 08 11:56 PM
by pipdanby Go to last post
3 293
Printing Stops - Software Licensing Service fixes issue? by Don
We just rolled out about 100 new Windows Vista computers to some of our employees. We are having a major issue with printing. At random, printing stops working on these machines. Through some research on these forums and other websites we found that restarting the "Software Licensing" service will temporarily fix the issue. At any time, the issue will pop up again and we will have to go...
June 17th 08 09:26 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 289
Scan by Doki
I have a Lexmark x4850 all in one wireless printer. I also have Abbby Finereader 9 I cannot get Finereader to work with my scanner. I also have Scansoft paperport same problem. The Printer comes with Finereader 6 which works ok as it is part of the printer software. Anyone have an idea that will fix this problem so that I can use finereader 9 wirelessly. It works fine if I attach the printer...
June 17th 08 09:24 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 434
Printing Web Pages by PaulH[_2_]
I have a home network with a cable modem, Linksys wireless router, a hard wire Vista Home desktop, an wireless Dell XP laptop, and a HP 2610 PhotoSmart printer all connected to the router. I can print web pages from the XP laptop, but web pages will not print from the Visa desktop. Normal documents (spreadsheets, word docs, etc) print ok from the Vista desktop. Any help on printing web...
June 17th 08 09:21 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 369
Scanning photos by jlee
I am trying to make a movie on the movie maker with vista, I am having trouble when I scan the old photos how do i get them bigger so there is not all the white around it. Please help this is driving me nuts.
June 17th 08 09:20 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 316
HP Photosmart C4200 All in one by sally
Hi, I can't print nothing from my computer, the printer said the USB is no connected. I don't known what that means. Thank you: -- sally Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
June 17th 08 09:18 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
4 414
Unable to set default printer in Vista Business by Newcross IT
Hi, We have domain user's who are un-able to set the default printer via the print manager, it is not even possible to find the usual printers option in the start menu or by using the start search box, this is however avalible to the same user logging onto an XP machine. If I log into the same machine as an administrator I have access to printers & am able to set the default printer, I have...
June 17th 08 08:26 AM
by Aero Go to last post

From The