Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Error in Vista Windows Fax by Enerplex
I have a new PC which came with Windows Vista pre-loaded and Windows Fax worked fine. After a few weeks I flattened the HDD and reinstalled Vista Business which came with MAPS and now fax does not work - I get an error message under Status of "Retries Exceeded" and under Extended Status "Fatal Error". I have tried removing the Windows Fax & Scan in Printers and reinstalling - but I still get...
June 22nd 08 05:39 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 345
Can't Get HP Printer 7350 seris to work with Vista by Monty Meyer
Help Please Someone! Every time I try and install my HP Photo smart 73500 printer on my PC with Vista Home Basic it shows that it has added my printer but only will print what I tried to print during the last attempt to download the software to the printer. After which it shows "Error" and won't print anymore. I have installed and uninstalled several times and nothing works. All the...
November 10th 07 02:42 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
4 345
Unable to Scan Using HP Photosmart G4010 by Bassman
I need help. I recently upgraded to Vista Home Premium from XP Home. I recently purchased the HP Photosmart G4010 scanner. The scanner came with the Vista install CD. I followed the install procedures to the letter incluuding not attaching the scanner until after the install. The program finished loading and told me the install was successfully installed. After attaching the USB...
September 22nd 08 03:56 PM
by Bassman Go to last post
0 345
No printer is working on my new Acer with Vista Home Edition by DaveW[_4_]
I tried 2 HP all in one and one Canon IPsomthing. They all installed perfectly on the laptop the computer see them but I cant print anything. I tried all the four USB ports. On the 2 HP all in one, I can even use the scanner ! All those printers work perfectly on 4 other computers btw. Any idea ?
January 27th 09 04:51 PM
by DaveW[_4_] Go to last post
2 345
Custom page size for the WinDDK Bitmap Driver by Burl
I have a print driver based on the Bitmap Driver from the WinDDK. I have tried to change as few things as possible in the .gpd file, but I need a custom page size (27" x 16") and I can't seem to get it to work. From browsing this site, I see that the CUSTOMSIZE page has to fall within the parameters specified by the .gpd file, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. Can anyone help me out? ...
September 22nd 09 03:53 PM
by Burl Go to last post
0 345
Officejet Pr0 1175c and Vista by jaybee
HP do not support this all in one unit in Vista. The one I have is still in excellent condition and am loathe to part with it. Does anyone know how to get it to work in Vista. NB have managed to get my Laserjet 2100 TN to work with Vista, but cannot find anyway of getting the Officejet pro to work - so far. Any guidance would be helpful. Many Regards
May 6th 08 02:16 AM
by Bob Headrick Go to last post
2 344
Cannot Connect to printer by Scott Townsend
When I try to Connect to a Shared Printer I get the Message: Windows Cannot connect to the printer. Operation Could not be Completed (error 0x000003eb) OS: WinVista x86 Business Ed User: Domain Admin User Account Printer: HP 4250 Print Server: Win2003, with x86 and x64 4250 PCL 6 Drivers. The Printer with several others is Pushed down to the Client via GPO.
April 22nd 08 10:40 AM
by Jian-Ping Zhu [MSFT] Go to last post
4 344
Mass-Market Your Website 07670 by Hughes[_2_]
LESS Than A Dollar A Day Gets HUGE Exposure. Let Us Handle All The Work - VISITORS GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK!!! http://submitmywebpage.com/offers/
August 10th 08 08:14 PM
by Hughes[_2_] Go to last post
0 344
SCANNER LEXMARK X215 by Paname
my scanner doesnt work on my multifunction printer LEXMARK X215. VISTA doesnt recognise it.... I can print but I cant scan. I have installed the XP twain driver from lexmark but same problem. Can anyone help me please same with my Logitech camera.
September 28th 07 04:27 PM
by wkczm[_2_] Go to last post
5 344
Wireless Network Printing - Printer Communication Failure by YUKON_DENALI
Running Windows Vista Business 32 on a new Dell Latitude D820, network is structured around a Linksys WRT54G wireless router, Lexmark X9350 All-in-one (802.11G wireless communication). I've been able to get the printer/scanner working, but more often than not I get a alert window pop up stating "Printer Communication Stopped and the program was shut down". I shut down the laptop, cycle...
August 11th 07 05:11 PM
by washdm Go to last post
6 344
Purchasing a Printer that operates on Vista by SJA
Our system currently runs on Windows XP but we are considering purchasing a printer that runs on Vista. Is the printer compatiable to our Windows XP operating system?
May 1st 07 05:35 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post
8 344
Hpscanjet - doesn't work? by Huib
Hi, Very strang as it is working by others: some as reduced funtionality or full. -the scanner is dedected automatically: but even fotogallery he is seen but after import no action, the same within Irfanview .. -after installing the SW - CD within the compatibility moet of XP - Service package the HP-dirigent is mentioning a compatibility problem.... -trying to repair the SW i got the...
July 28th 07 11:48 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
9 344
hp all in one c6380 wireless printing by beech129
I have a dell inspiron 1545 with Vista Home Premium Serv pack 1.  I have an HP all in one c6380 working fine with my linksys router.  Then one day I could not print anymore.  Printer said off line when looking at the printers from control panel.  I have other laptops that print fine.  I have tried to delete the printer and reinstall, this has worked in the...
August 21st 09 06:54 PM
by beech129 Go to last post
2 344
Faxing by Dale
Hi: I have a new HP dv6500z notebook running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. This laptop is suppose to have a fax/modem but I do not see anything under the Start button relative to faxing. How do I go about getting access to the fax side of the fax-modem ? Thank you. DaleB P.S.
January 22nd 08 11:20 PM
by Dale Go to last post
0 344
HP Officejet 7210 by TedF
I get Printing Error when printing a test page on HP Officejet 7210. Any ideas ? Thanks
March 5th 07 05:55 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
9 343
Network Printer Problems by Mark
I recently purchased an HP F380 all-in-one printer. It connects to the network through a print server. Everything works fine from the XP Laptop and XP desktop, but both of the Vista laptops cannot print correctly. In both cases the print gets 90% done then stops until eventually an error message is displayed in the print queue. I have downloaded the latest driver from HP but this makes no...
November 19th 07 10:43 PM
by Arjen Meijer Go to last post
4 343
Vista and Printer (HP6110xi) by ms624
Computer came with Windows December 2007 with a free Vista Upgrade when it was to come out. Downloaded Drivers for my HP6110xi All-In-One (Costco) and it worked fine. Got the Vista in June...still fine. Got the newest version of Java 7/2/07. Could still print but could not deposit checks via scan to my bank. Tried to fix problem via my banks CS....could not. Used my LT to deposit/scan checks...
October 11th 07 07:42 PM
by tootsy Go to last post
3 343
ricoh aficio 270 by Stephen Oatway
My printer will not print on landscape. I have been in prefrences and changed it back and forth a few times but won't move. This is a big printer i brought home from the office and is no longer has a service contract. I did remove the sorter stapler tray/rack from one end to save space. Other than that it works fine.
July 15th 07 09:06 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
6 343
Vista home premium? FAX capable or not? by David C L Vessels
Please excuse my ignorance, This is my first pc, It is a HP M7780n media center with Microsoft vista home premium software, there is a fax modem program is the files, but I see nothing in the home premium about fax operation, My printer is a Canon Mp600 all in one with scanner, copier, printer,no fax in the printer. Do I need a fax program, and will the scanner on the canon be able to send...
March 30th 07 07:38 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
8 343
ACCESS/EXCEL see no printers by steveyoder
My ACCESS 2007 and EXCEL 2007 see no printers at all, although all my other Office 2007 apps see all of them fine. Message says "You must install a printer before you print." I can preview reports, but not print nor get into page setup. I also have Access 2003 and 97 and both of them have the same problem. I have tried re-installing the Office apps, to no avail. I have tried setting other...
October 8th 09 07:08 PM
by steveyoder Go to last post

From The