Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Cannot connect to XP printers by Bill
I have a friend with a two computer home network. The desktop PC runs XP Home SP2 and the laptop runs Vista Home. The XP system has two printer attached and both are shared. The XP system shares two folders and the Vista system can access the shared folders. When I try to add the shared printers on the Vista system the printers are listed in the Windows Printer Installation dialog. However, when...
June 16th 08 09:33 PM
by Bill Go to last post
4 391
Brother MFC 9050 will not work on Vista - HELP by LozzaUK
Hi, I have got a new PC after my old one is getting tired. Problem is the new one is Vista not XP and after resolving several issues I am now stuck one one final hurdle. I have a Brother MFC 9050 connected up and Vista can not find the driver, when I install the disk drivers it stalls and when I check Brother sites it suggests the printer is Vista compatible..... Can any one help me to just...
June 16th 08 07:14 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 341
Thunking Spooler APIS ... stopped working by Grandaddio
Hi, I've been printing from various apps without any problems since I purchased my PC in January. I started getting the error message " Thunking Spooler APIS from 32 to 64 process has stopped working" last Friday. It happens when I open Word 2007, and when I try to print in any other app including Notepad. My OS is Vista 64 Home Premium with SP1. My printer is an Epson DX5050 and I have...
June 16th 08 06:39 PM
by Greg Go to last post
5 572
Thunking Spooler APIS from 32 to 64 Process has Stopped Working by Kentucky
Hi, I have Windows Vistax64 and recently I have been receiving the above message every time I try to open an Office application, Office 2003 32-bit is installed. If I remove all the printers I don't get this message, but if I add a network printer which has a Vistax64 bit driver I will start getting the error again. This has only been happening this week, maybe after some updates were...
June 16th 08 06:29 PM
by Greg Go to last post
6 3,104
Printing Access Rights by Waldy
Hi there, I have a problem where I can print on my Lexmark printer as I am an admin user, but my children cannot. They are logged on as normal users. The issue definitely appears to be access rights, because if you log on as a normal user and select Run as Administrator on the print properties dialog, the Print Test Page option then works. Does anyone know how to fix this?
June 16th 08 06:17 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
4 483
Canon 7000 by steamloco
I don't always use new cartridges and the ink monitor thinks I am out of ink, when re-filled cartridges are in and full. There is some way of turning off the ink monitor but I can't locate the instruction. Anyone else? Thank you rh --
June 16th 08 04:56 AM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 357
printer problem by Andrew
My printer is connected to the computer but it doesnt print anything -- by Andrew
June 15th 08 01:41 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 330
Extra garbage on Printer Test Page by Graeme Churchard
I have installed a Brother HL-5150D printer through a Netgear FWG114P Firewall/Print Server. My computer is running Vista Home Premium 64 bit. When I Print Test Page I get all that I would expect on a test page PLUS 4 lines of some garbage ( W6S9CS/EC8/ etc). This is just below where it says Printer Test Page. In other printing I sometimes have to make several attempts to get the printer to...
June 15th 08 09:00 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 377
Vista Business FAX & Symantex by R Geoff Crook
How does one import Symantec WinFAX Pro documents into Vista Business FAX application? All assistance is very much appreciated....tnx.../rgc --
June 15th 08 02:20 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
1 353
Changing the size of a jpeg image for printing by Ben
I have been emailed a jpeg logo which opens in Windows Picture Gallery. I need to print it but the image is huge and only a small bit will fit on to an A4 or Letter size sheet. I have no idea how to change the image size and would greatly appreciate some help. -- Ben
June 13th 08 07:51 PM
by davidoc[_7_] Go to last post
1 307
Printer Multiplies Document Pages by 3 by Trifon
Hello everyone! I would really appreciate your help with the following problem that came-up yesterday on my printer: When I try to print a document and I check on the printer queue-line window the number of pages appearing under the heading "Pages" is a multiple of 3, that means that if the document has 1 page under the heading "Pages" the view is "3/1", or of the document has 14 pages the...
June 13th 08 08:22 AM
by roy69[_196_] Go to last post
1 376
Printer Multiplies Document Pages by 3 by Trifon
Hello everyone! I would really appreciate your help with the following problem that came-up yesterday on my printer: When I try to print a document and I check on the printer queue-line window the number of pages appearing under the heading "Pages" is a multiple of 3, that means that if the document has 1 page under the heading "Pages" the view is "3/1", or of the document has 14 pages the...
June 13th 08 07:53 AM
by Trifon Go to last post
0 329
HP C6180 Printer/Vista Business by Mark2006
The problem: I sent jobs to the printer and they do not print until I have turned off my computer and re-started. Also, this device keeps being disabled (Code 22) but not by me or anyone else. I do connect wirelessly to this printer but there is no problem with the connection. Any thoughts?
June 12th 08 04:18 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
1 330
installlation of my hp printer by jtb702nv
I have a dell inspiron 1720 lap top with windows vista home edition I am trying to download the software and drivers for my HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One printer. iget about 94 % completed then I get this error message Fatal error during installation. An error occurred during the installation of assembly...
June 12th 08 04:18 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
6 454
A solution for extremely slow printing in Vista by fpbear
This extremely slow printing in Vista x64 droze me crazy for a year and I found a fix. The Epson R800 creates an audit file called EPAUDF01.AUD in C:\ProgramData\Epson\Printer. Delete this file. After deleting this file, printing is fast. It makes an incredible difference.
June 12th 08 09:54 AM
by brentwherry Go to last post
2 347
Cannpt install EPSON CX6600 printer in VISTA by PMM649
Hi, I need help. I followed the instructions on how to properly install: 1- Plug the printer ia an available USB port 2- Search and find the appropriate driver (Option 1) 3- Then the system looks for a WINDOWS update for the driver 4- At the insert the disk f, I select I don't have the disk sjow me other options 5- Then I select find the driver on my computer 6- Then I let the system look on the...
June 11th 08 08:07 PM
by liquid_dreams Go to last post
7 527
Now i can`t print in IE7.(iv`e NOT got AVG) by peter c.a.hawkins
I have kaspersky 2009 installed so it is not just AVG causing this problem for users,has any-one got to the bottom of this problem yet?
June 11th 08 06:48 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 312
Help!!! Subspooler error by sjd
Hello, I have Vista Home and an HP F2180 All In One Printer. I have recently started receiving sub spooler error message that completely stops my printer when I try to print from powerpoint. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and this has not fixed the problem. My boyfriends computer did the same thing. I am in desperate need of help as I really need to print and this only seems to happen in...
June 11th 08 06:44 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 316
Add a Network Printer Algorithm by Snake_Driver
Can anyone provide any detail on what algoritm Vista uses when populating the Select a Printer section of the Add Printer window? The window I'm referring to is accessed by going to Control Panel - Add Printer - Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer. It appears that it brings back a list of 20 printers that it finds in the in the domain, but I'd like to know how it determines which...
June 10th 08 08:56 PM
by Snake_Driver Go to last post
2 364
HP 722C issues with Vista by miccrowave
I have a 722C hooked to my XP machine. I have been trying to use it thru my network ( wired hub) from our new Vista machine. As well as trying it directly connected to the Vista machine, it just will not work with it. Always says it is missing an .INF file. We have updated all the drivers as best we can but to no avail. The Vista machine will see it thru the network, but refuses to work. I have...
June 10th 08 08:54 PM
by Andrew Rossmann Go to last post

From The