Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
ACCESS/EXCEL see no printers by steveyoder
My ACCESS 2007 and EXCEL 2007 see no printers at all, although all my other Office 2007 apps see all of them fine. Message says "You must install a printer before you print." I can preview reports, but not print nor get into page setup. I also have Access 2003 and 97 and both of them have the same problem. I have tried re-installing the Office apps, to no avail. I have tried setting other...
October 8th 09 07:08 PM
by steveyoder Go to last post
0 343
Cant install any local or printers on 64 bit Ultimate by srussolillo
I have just built a 64 bit Ultimate system. All seem to work perfectly with the exception of printing or installing local or a network printer. I get spooler errors, print services crashes, and install gui crashes when using the Lexmark x6570 install drivers for 64 bit OS. I have also tried installing an HP driver for a printer I have in the home that is attached to a netgear print server....so...
August 6th 08 08:35 PM
by SCSIraidGURU Go to last post
2 343
Only prints 1 page of a document. by the fireguy
I have an HP laptop running Vista Home. Have a Lexmark wireless X4580 printer setup. When I try to print a multi page document pdf, docx etc. the printer only prints 1 page. The pop up Lexmark window shows that the printer is printing page1 &2&3 and then closes as if the print job has finished. However only 1 page is printed. Everything used to work OK and I don't know what has caused this...
April 22nd 09 10:08 PM
by FunkySweets Go to last post
4 342
my lexmark 1200 series printer and scanner does not work! by FPST11_305
I have a laptop (Toshiba Satellite A130/A135 Series) that came with a Lexmark 1200 series all-in-one. I installed the printer but whenever i try to print something it would say "An error has occured in the script on this page". Under that it says: Line: 1829 Char:1 Error:Unspecified error. After that is finally says "Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? Yes or No." Nothing...
October 10th 07 09:10 PM
by FPST11_305 Go to last post
0 342
How to install a HP printerdriver when you can't find it?! by detekstschrijver.nl
I've found on the HP-site an exe-file for my all-in-one HP 5610 Officejet. I've downloaded it twice, but when I search my files, I can't find the file anywhere! I've even allowd to see all hidden files, but that didn't show the downloaded file. When I search, I also can't find it. Anyone?! -- Barbara Philipsen detekstschrijver.nl T +316-11320160 E I...
April 9th 07 11:59 AM
by detekstschrijver.nl Go to last post
4 342
Custom page size for the WinDDK Bitmap Driver by Burl
I have a print driver based on the Bitmap Driver from the WinDDK. I have tried to change as few things as possible in the .gpd file, but I need a custom page size (27" x 16") and I can't seem to get it to work. From browsing this site, I see that the CUSTOMSIZE page has to fall within the parameters specified by the .gpd file, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. Can anyone help me out? ...
September 22nd 09 03:53 PM
by Burl Go to last post
0 342
After working for months, printing re-starting and repeating by Stephan G.
Hello. My print configuration on my LAN has been working fine for months. Here is the configuration: Wireless Network, Linksys router. Vista Computer (lets call it computer A) XP Computer (lets call it computer B) Another XP Computer (lets call it computer C)
November 26th 08 11:45 AM
by Stephan G. Go to last post
2 341
HP Deskjet F2280 and IE7 incompatibility! by Jungleyes
Hello I am running Windows Vista Home Premium and the first time I installed the software of HP Deskjet F2280 series printer in my computer I found incompatibility with my IE7. The prblem is as follows: when I try to exit the IE7 says IE7 encountered a problem! I did a system resore and installing again the softwares of the printer and presented the same problem! What shall I do! I really need...
January 20th 09 02:33 PM
by Jungleyes Go to last post
2 341
Premium Vista without fax/scan -- are you kidding me? It's basic! by Designer
I am considering buying a bundled package and just about every combo has the Home Premium version of Vista loaded. Fax/Scan is so basic it should be in the Basic version. To not include it in the Premium version is hard to believe. To add insult to injury, it appears there is no way to even pay for it to later include it. The product manager who came up with this concept better go back...
July 20th 08 07:15 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 341
Printer color profile onscreen display by Chufflebean
I am trying to use Photoshop to display my images with the same colors as they'll appear when I print them on my printer. I'm pretty new to color management, and the first time I did it, I simply followed instructions and everything worked great. I assigned my printer's ICC profile to the document in Photoshop, and it looked onscreen almost exactly like it did when printed. Then, a few weeks...
June 27th 08 01:31 AM
by Chufflebean Go to last post
0 341
IE7 & Vista printing problems by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista P,F & S) "Chris12" wrote in message ... My printer is working fine with all other applications except for Internet Explorer 7.0. When I try to print from IE I get no response whatsoever--no error message, no system promblems, it just doesn't do anything. I am using ...
June 23rd 08 10:11 PM
by Chris12 Go to last post
2 341
Brother MFC 9050 will not work on Vista - HELP by LozzaUK
Hi, I have got a new PC after my old one is getting tired. Problem is the new one is Vista not XP and after resolving several issues I am now stuck one one final hurdle. I have a Brother MFC 9050 connected up and Vista can not find the driver, when I install the disk drivers it stalls and when I check Brother sites it suggests the printer is Vista compatible..... Can any one help me to just...
June 16th 08 07:14 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
1 341
Envelopes print green??? by Buddha[_2_]
Since replacing my old Dell XP System with a Dell Vista Home Premium System, my Dell 966 AIO prints documents in black as it always has, but envelopes always print in green. Any suggestions? I haven't been able to get an answer out of Dell. Thanx, Buddha
June 19th 08 03:05 PM
by Sinner Go to last post
1 341
running 32 bit programs on Vista ultimate64? by Lawrence Brandon
Can all programs that run onXP Pro x64 be counted on to run on Vnsta Ultimate? -- Lawrence Brandon
October 22nd 07 06:28 AM
by No Name Go to last post
2 341
printer problem (in network config) by Koen
I have a (wireless) network, in which I also have a Digitus DN 11004 router print server. To be able to use the print server, I need to install a SW (USB printer server). I did this for a Windows XP & a Win98 PC. I was able to use my HP deskjet printer without any problem. Now I got a new Vista PC, and I would like to do the same. I installed the SW (without problems). After the SW is...
August 23rd 07 12:50 PM
by Koen Go to last post
4 341
HPscanjet 4570c? by Huib
Hi, I thank everybody who tryed to help me into the past but unfortunally my scanner still doesn't work. The scanner is working on my old ME-pc ... To who has working the HPscanjet 4570c the following question: -What is mentioned within the map C\Windows\Twain_32 ? I have a map hsj_002 with the corresponding file and further a hpqgends.tmp file
July 29th 07 01:00 PM
by Huib Go to last post
0 341
Vista keeps loosing my network printer? by Peter
Hello, Thanks for reviewing my question. I am having to reinstall printer software about every two weeks. I have a network printer. My printer is an HP Photosmart C6180c. I have another printer on the network and it works for a while then it stop working - Vista considers it offline. Do you might know what is causing the problem? Thanks in Advance
November 20th 07 09:21 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 340
Print Spooler Service has stopped by Jason[_5_]
I know there are numerous threads about spooler errors but I could not find one that would fix my problem. Printer: Canon Pixma MP450. OS: Vista Home Premium 64 bit. Recently jumped from an AMD 754 to Intel 775 Quad core. Same OS, just reinstalled and formatted HD. No issues under 754 but having this problem along with others now. Done the following. - Downloaded Canon's 64 bit driver...
October 19th 07 02:20 AM
by Jason[_8_] Go to last post
6 340
Using Vista and All in one printers by sprgrlwonder
I have Win. Vista Home Premium 32 bit and just bought a Lexmark 1270 Printer. Of course, the printer is not compatible with Vista using the current software it came with. I had to go to the lexmark site to download the new drivers for Vista. the printing driver installed successfully (I think the install finished I think and didn't let me know it was completed) , but I can print just fine, ...
March 9th 07 05:53 PM
by RDB Go to last post
4 340
Epson perfection 1240 by Carlos Sánchez
Somebody has made work the scanner this in Windows Vista 32? The one that I have is USB. If it is if, it can say like?
March 5th 07 12:55 AM
by Ken Lyon Go to last post

From The