Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
is it possible to share the printer only? by [email protected]
When you turn on file and printer sharing, both file and printer sharing are turned on. Is there a way to turn on printer sharing only? by default, c$ is always shared on windows XP pro, I am not sure about vista/windows 7 home premium. So there is some security risk with file sharing, while there is less risk with printer sharing. The PCs are behind the firewall, however, there is a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 10 11:43 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
16 699
Fax program by Mhaxx
Could you suggest a *good* program to send/receive fax for Windows Vista and/or Windows XP? (possibly freeware) Massimo
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 10 12:56 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
17 803
HP Scanjet 5200C in Vista, anyone? by Adams G.H.
We have HP Scanjet 5200C scanner. We are in process of upgrade our computer to Dell running in Vista. We found NO HP Scanjet 5200C drivers for Vista. We tried but failed to load HP Scanjet 5200C drivers (was HP XP drivers) in Vista. Can anyone tell me what scanning freeware works on Vista and HP Scanjet 5200C?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 10 02:46 PM
by YZ1 Go to last post
19 617
HP Scanner Software by dial up[_9_]
Hello: I just bought a HP G3110 Photo Scanner. When I attempt to install the software I get this error message: *Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC80.ATL processor architecture = x86, public key Token = if c8b3b9a1e18e3b version = 8.0.50727.91 type = win32* HP says this a Vista issue. I use Vista Home Premium 32 bit.
January 13th 10 12:05 AM
by dial up[_9_] Go to last post
0 168
HP Scanner Software by dial up[_9_]
Hello: I just bought a HP G3110 Photo Scanner. When I attempt to install the software I get this error message: *Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC80.ATL processor architecture = x86, public key Token = if c8b3b9a1e18e3b version = 8.0.50727.91 type = win32* HP says this a Vista issue. I use Vista Home Premium 32 bit.
January 13th 10 12:05 AM
by dial up[_9_] Go to last post
0 317
dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160 by Jozef Uhliarik
I have Toshiba notebook with Vista. I need to connect HP LaserJet 1160 printer. My notebook doesn't detect the printer. How can I install dot4 port on the notebook?
January 11th 10 12:00 PM
by Jozef Uhliarik Go to last post
0 153
The printer name is invalid - Connect to internet printer by danicubos
Server 2003 Enterprise R1 SP1 x32 working with IIS6, have a website ... The website works and I want to complete the add IPP (Internet Printing Protocol) to "work." and then I click on the hyperlink Connect, to install the printer driver on WINDOWS VISTA (business edition) pc .
January 10th 10 08:50 PM
by lcds722 Go to last post
4 280
manually select printer driver by Todd Heiks
How do I install a network printer on Vista and manually select the driver? We have an XP box that shares an Oki C9300. When I select add new printer, the wizard connects to the printer and (I assume) grabs the xp driver and the installation crashes. 0x000006be -- restart print spooler Thanks, Todd
January 9th 10 10:46 PM
by Todd Heiks Go to last post
4 423
printer users by jimmyc1968
is it possible to restrict certain users from printing in color while allow other full access? -- jimmyc1968 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
January 9th 10 05:06 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 321
Print Spooler is AWOL by McSmiley
Hi I am not sure this is the right forum but here goes. I am running Vista Home Premium. I have had to re-install Vista three times since I got my computer about three years ago (the 1st time Vista just crashed, 2nd time I had a virus, and last November I kept having problems with my print spooler and the technician suggested that to fix this we would have to reinstall Vista yet again). I also...
January 8th 10 03:40 PM
by Todd Heiks Go to last post
5 426
manually select printer driver by Todd Heiks
How do I install a network printer on Vista and manually select the driver? We have an XP box that shares an Oki C9300. When I select add new printer, the wizard connects to the printer and (I assume) grabs the xp driver and the installation crashes. 0x000006be -- restart print spooler Thanks, Todd
January 8th 10 01:26 PM
by Todd Heiks Go to last post
0 171
Standard user can't print!!! by username539
Hi! I have a home network with a print server Linksys WPSM54G and printer Hp LaserJet M 1319f MFP. From Xp Pro or Home all woks fine, but form Vista Ultimate standard users can't print, only administrator users. Can you help me that standard user can print? Thank you!
January 8th 10 09:30 AM
by username539 Go to last post
0 1
Standard user can't print!!! by username539
Hi! I have a home network with a print server Linksys WPSM54G and printer Hp LaserJet M 1319f MFP. From Xp Pro or Home all woks fine, but form Vista Ultimate standard users can't print, only administrator users. Can you help me that standard user can print? Thank you!
January 8th 10 09:30 AM
by username539 Go to last post
0 4
printer users by jimmyc1968
is it possible to restrict certain users from printing in color while allow other full access? -- jimmyc1968 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
January 7th 10 04:28 PM
by jimmyc1968 Go to last post
0 170
Print Spooler is AWOL by McSmiley
Hi I am not sure this is the right forum but here goes. I am running Vista Home Premium. I have had to re-install Vista three times since I got my computer about three years ago (the 1st time Vista just crashed, 2nd time I had a virus, and last November I kept having problems with my print spooler and the technician suggested that to fix this we would have to reinstall Vista yet again). I also...
January 6th 10 04:35 PM
by McSmiley Go to last post
0 161
Unable to create print object by JohnBoy
I recently purchased a Lexmark Pro700 Series All-in-One Wi-Fi printer. I set it up on my network without much difficulty. I then loaded the printer drivers onto two Dell Insprions (one laptop operating VISTA, one desk top operating Windows 7) without difficulty. I then was able to load it up on a HP Laptop (operating Xp) and they all connected and was able to print. HOWEVER, I attempted...
January 3rd 10 02:39 PM
by NewIT Go to last post
2 408
printer que won't clear by spamanon
Hello, Is there a way to manually force the printer que to clear? I tried clicking on the printer icon in the system tray and selecting the job, then clicking cancel. After doing this 4 times in 10 minutes I finally rebooted the PC. This worked, but I would rather not have to do that again. It is a brand new cannon pixma printer. Thanks.
December 31st 09 04:01 PM
by linselee Go to last post
3 290
Unable to create print object by JohnBoy
I recently purchased a Lexmark Pro700 Series All-in-One Wi-Fi printer. I set it up on my network without much difficulty. I then loaded the printer drivers onto two Dell Insprions (one laptop operating VISTA, one desk top operating Windows 7) without difficulty. I then was able to load it up on a HP Laptop (operating Xp) and they all connected and was able to print. HOWEVER, I attempted...
December 31st 09 02:51 AM
by JohnBoy Go to last post
0 170
scan from printer. by patrsa
I scan a doc from printer to computer intending to att to an e-mail but get message...Please wait while windows configures windows live mail. Nothing happens please help
December 30th 09 02:40 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post
2 298
new konica-minolta printer magicolor 4650, with lots of printerdrivers (win 7) by c++ newbie!
Hello, I bought a new konica-minolta printer: Magicolor 4650 DN. It comes with lots of printer drivers. I use Windows 7 64 bit. I think the printer installed itself when I plugged it into the network router (linksys). Windows 7 found the printer and I added the printer and it seem to work, including settings / properties for duplex / grayscale / color / page layout / number of pages per sheet...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 09 02:09 PM
by NewIT Go to last post

From The