Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Win7/Vista printing from 32bit to 64bit or 64bit to 32bit by Patrick[_14_]
Greetings All, What is up with print jobs just hanging ??? Printing either from Vista or Win7 64bit to Win7 32bit ??? going from a 32Bit Vista or Win7 will have issues printing to the Win7 64bit too! I have tried the 'local port' setup, and I am NOT new to this rodeo... I have trouble shot printers for a couple decades now... Printer Sharing is setup and functions FINE for 32bit to...
January 20th 10 09:32 PM
by Patrick[_14_] Go to last post
0 357
is it possible to share the printer only? by [email protected]
When you turn on file and printer sharing, both file and printer sharing are turned on. Is there a way to turn on printer sharing only? by default, c$ is always shared on windows XP pro, I am not sure about vista/windows 7 home premium. So there is some security risk with file sharing, while there is less risk with printer sharing. The PCs are behind the firewall, however, there is a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 20th 10 12:43 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
16 1,176
Fax program by Mhaxx
Could you suggest a *good* program to send/receive fax for Windows Vista and/or Windows XP? (possibly freeware) Massimo
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 10 01:56 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
17 1,307
HP Scanjet 5200C in Vista, anyone? by Adams G.H.
We have HP Scanjet 5200C scanner. We are in process of upgrade our computer to Dell running in Vista. We found NO HP Scanjet 5200C drivers for Vista. We tried but failed to load HP Scanjet 5200C drivers (was HP XP drivers) in Vista. Can anyone tell me what scanning freeware works on Vista and HP Scanjet 5200C?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 10 03:46 PM
by YZ1 Go to last post
19 1,059
HP Scanner Software by dial up[_9_]
Hello: I just bought a HP G3110 Photo Scanner. When I attempt to install the software I get this error message: *Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC80.ATL processor architecture = x86, public key Token = if c8b3b9a1e18e3b version = 8.0.50727.91 type = win32* HP says this a Vista issue. I use Vista Home Premium 32 bit.
January 13th 10 01:05 AM
by dial up[_9_] Go to last post
0 447
HP Scanner Software by dial up[_9_]
Hello: I just bought a HP G3110 Photo Scanner. When I attempt to install the software I get this error message: *Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'Microsoft VC80.ATL processor architecture = x86, public key Token = if c8b3b9a1e18e3b version = 8.0.50727.91 type = win32* HP says this a Vista issue. I use Vista Home Premium 32 bit.
January 13th 10 01:05 AM
by dial up[_9_] Go to last post
0 548
dot4 printer port install - HP LaserJet 1160 by Jozef Uhliarik
I have Toshiba notebook with Vista. I need to connect HP LaserJet 1160 printer. My notebook doesn't detect the printer. How can I install dot4 port on the notebook?
January 11th 10 01:00 PM
by Jozef Uhliarik Go to last post
0 402
The printer name is invalid - Connect to internet printer by danicubos
Server 2003 Enterprise R1 SP1 x32 working with IIS6, have a website ... The website works and I want to complete the add IPP (Internet Printing Protocol) to "work." and then I click on the hyperlink Connect, to install the printer driver on WINDOWS VISTA (business edition) pc .
January 10th 10 09:50 PM
by lcds722 Go to last post
4 536
manually select printer driver by Todd Heiks
How do I install a network printer on Vista and manually select the driver? We have an XP box that shares an Oki C9300. When I select add new printer, the wizard connects to the printer and (I assume) grabs the xp driver and the installation crashes. 0x000006be -- restart print spooler Thanks, Todd
January 9th 10 11:46 PM
by Todd Heiks Go to last post
4 698
printer users by jimmyc1968
is it possible to restrict certain users from printing in color while allow other full access? -- jimmyc1968 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
January 9th 10 06:06 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 575
Print Spooler is AWOL by McSmiley
Hi I am not sure this is the right forum but here goes. I am running Vista Home Premium. I have had to re-install Vista three times since I got my computer about three years ago (the 1st time Vista just crashed, 2nd time I had a virus, and last November I kept having problems with my print spooler and the technician suggested that to fix this we would have to reinstall Vista yet again). I also...
January 8th 10 04:40 PM
by Todd Heiks Go to last post
5 666
manually select printer driver by Todd Heiks
How do I install a network printer on Vista and manually select the driver? We have an XP box that shares an Oki C9300. When I select add new printer, the wizard connects to the printer and (I assume) grabs the xp driver and the installation crashes. 0x000006be -- restart print spooler Thanks, Todd
January 8th 10 02:26 PM
by Todd Heiks Go to last post
0 374
Standard user can't print!!! by username539
Hi! I have a home network with a print server Linksys WPSM54G and printer Hp LaserJet M 1319f MFP. From Xp Pro or Home all woks fine, but form Vista Ultimate standard users can't print, only administrator users. Can you help me that standard user can print? Thank you!
January 8th 10 10:30 AM
by username539 Go to last post
0 5
Standard user can't print!!! by username539
Hi! I have a home network with a print server Linksys WPSM54G and printer Hp LaserJet M 1319f MFP. From Xp Pro or Home all woks fine, but form Vista Ultimate standard users can't print, only administrator users. Can you help me that standard user can print? Thank you!
January 8th 10 10:30 AM
by username539 Go to last post
0 2
printer users by jimmyc1968
is it possible to restrict certain users from printing in color while allow other full access? -- jimmyc1968 Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
January 7th 10 05:28 PM
by jimmyc1968 Go to last post
0 385
Print Spooler is AWOL by McSmiley
Hi I am not sure this is the right forum but here goes. I am running Vista Home Premium. I have had to re-install Vista three times since I got my computer about three years ago (the 1st time Vista just crashed, 2nd time I had a virus, and last November I kept having problems with my print spooler and the technician suggested that to fix this we would have to reinstall Vista yet again). I also...
January 6th 10 05:35 PM
by McSmiley Go to last post
0 373
Unable to create print object by JohnBoy
I recently purchased a Lexmark Pro700 Series All-in-One Wi-Fi printer. I set it up on my network without much difficulty. I then loaded the printer drivers onto two Dell Insprions (one laptop operating VISTA, one desk top operating Windows 7) without difficulty. I then was able to load it up on a HP Laptop (operating Xp) and they all connected and was able to print. HOWEVER, I attempted...
January 3rd 10 03:39 PM
by NewIT Go to last post
2 654
printer que won't clear by spamanon
Hello, Is there a way to manually force the printer que to clear? I tried clicking on the printer icon in the system tray and selecting the job, then clicking cancel. After doing this 4 times in 10 minutes I finally rebooted the PC. This worked, but I would rather not have to do that again. It is a brand new cannon pixma printer. Thanks.
December 31st 09 05:01 PM
by linselee Go to last post
3 530
Unable to create print object by JohnBoy
I recently purchased a Lexmark Pro700 Series All-in-One Wi-Fi printer. I set it up on my network without much difficulty. I then loaded the printer drivers onto two Dell Insprions (one laptop operating VISTA, one desk top operating Windows 7) without difficulty. I then was able to load it up on a HP Laptop (operating Xp) and they all connected and was able to print. HOWEVER, I attempted...
December 31st 09 03:51 AM
by JohnBoy Go to last post
0 385
scan from printer. by patrsa
I scan a doc from printer to computer intending to att to an e-mail but get message...Please wait while windows configures windows live mail. Nothing happens please help
December 30th 09 03:40 PM
by DL[_3_] Go to last post

From The