Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
toshiba drivers by Alicia Valente
does anyone know how to optain toshiba 35 printer driver. they are not on the toshiba web site?
July 9th 07 05:03 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
3 171
HP printer error or busy by Alison
My problem now is trying to install a wireless print server to my laptop. I have a HP3940 which I can use through USB port. However, when I try to print to it through the print server it won't work. I am 99% certain that I have set everything up correctly, I can ping it, it says that it is ready and the IP config page says that it has printed 8 pages successfully, is up and running and is...
June 18th 08 06:04 PM
by Alison Go to last post
0 348
Printer not spooling properly? by Alison
Hi, my HP3940 isn't printing. When I send a document to print it will show briefly in the printer folder with the message saying spooling then everything disappears and nothing happens. Have tried restarting spooler but nothing seems to rectify. Printer says that it is ready but can't seem to get anything to get as far as the printer. Any ideas? Alison
June 18th 08 11:31 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 643
HP printer - Duplex printing bug head to toe HP Office Jet 7310 by Alistair Doran [1009382][_2_]
Despite installing several HP drivers updates HP still have not fix their bug when printing in duplex. Every time I try to print a document in "side to side" format it prints it in head to toe format and even with trying many different configurations there still seems to be no way around it apart from manual. This bug/issue has been around for over 18 months now really is about time someone...
April 3rd 08 05:19 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
7 195
installing a printer by Aljr595
I just installed Vista Ultimate in 1 of my machines on the network, the others are running windows XP Pro. the printer is shared on the network attached to the XP Pro machine. when I tried to install it on the vista machine it gives me an error saying that the driver is for XP not vista. my question is how do I install the printer on teh vista machine from the XP Pro shared machine but...
November 4th 07 12:49 AM
by Malke Go to last post
1 347
Windows Fax adn Scan for Vista by Allan Blevins
When I try to open the Windows Fax and Scan program I get this error message. Windows Fax adn Scan cannot run as it cannot access your documents folder. Please ensure that Windows Fax and Scan can access that folder. I cannot find anything about this error and I hope for help. I have Vista Enterprise. Al
August 6th 07 01:38 AM
by Allan Blevins Go to last post
0 231
vista64 bug in print driver for hp cp1700 inkjet with page size by Allanah
I need help badly. The CP1700 is a wide format printer that prints up to 13X19". The printer worked fine under xp. I have just purchased a new computer with vista64 home premium. The printer is attached via usb. Vista recognizes the printer correctly and installs a printer driver. However, there is a bug with the driver as it will only allow printing to a max of 8.5X14. I found the...
June 27th 07 05:08 PM
by Allanah Go to last post
2 195
Which Printers have Vista-compatible Drivers? by AllanF
I'm in need of a new printer/multi-function for home. I haven't selected a brand. Is there any way that I can find whether the drivers will operate under Vista RC1? I can't find a manufacturer who's web-site lists downloadable drivers for Vista (Beta or otherwise). Any help will be appreciated.
October 13th 06 01:18 PM
by AllanF Go to last post
4 606
Hp LaserJet 1012? by Allen Price
I can't get my new computer to recognize this printer. HP's site says there is a driver but it won't see this printer. I tried installing the XP driver, but windows backed out of it and wouldn't install it. Is there a solution?? Thanks, Al
February 4th 07 12:58 PM
by Steve Richter Go to last post
7 482
Printer not working by Allison Thompson
My printer had previously been installed onto my laptop and had worked before. I unplugged my printer from my computer for a few days and now it does not seem to work anymore. I can scan and everything else on my printer except print a document from my laptop. What should I do?
February 19th 08 01:25 AM
by fuzor_silverbolt[_9_] Go to last post
1 234
fax and scan program won't complete by allj
Hi: the fax/scan in vista Ultimate x64 program details sending the first pages but doesn't stop when sending the last page and details it still being sent. I think my brother printer/fax sends it but am unsure. Any suggestions are appreciated. Alan -- allj
October 5th 08 10:04 PM
by allj Go to last post
2 293
trouble printing and saving by allysoncalex
Everytime I try to print it asks me to save. So I save and then hit print and it keeps asking me to save over and over! I can't get it to let me print! Help!
July 16th 07 04:12 PM
by Dan [MSFT] Go to last post
8 226
Problem installing printer by alokyadav12
Hi, i had Vista X86 ultimate installed on my system, i have HP 6l gold printer, when i pulg in the wire it does not install the drivers and HP now not providing support for this printer. earlier when i m using XP there is no problem with drivers, XP install them automatically but in case of vista im facing problem. No driver support and i am also not able to add printer, i dont get the place to...
May 16th 08 08:10 PM
by Melears Go to last post
8 310
Twist on Default Printer by [email protected]
I see that there are a lot of problems related to default printers in Vista, but so far I haven't seen my particular issue described, so I thought I'd give it a go and see if anyone else has a solution. My issue is this: I have four printers defined. Two are PDF printers (don't ask - one was automatically installed by some software), and two are defined as local printers with a standard TCP/IP...
March 3rd 08 02:07 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 460
printers by alphonso
I have Windows Vista with a Lexmark Z645 printer, for some reason the printer gets disconnected and doesn't communicate with printer. Is this a common problem?
November 14th 07 05:04 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
2 280
Printer recognized, now it's not by alsch
I purchased a new VAIO with Vista installed. I attached my old HP LaserJet 6P (supported by Vista) by USB, driver installed fine and printer worked fine for a few weeks. For an unknown reason it then would not work (jobs sent hung up with a printer error) and fixing required deleting the 6p driver and letting Vista reinstall the driver (unplug/plug in printer). This needed doing each...
April 23rd 07 12:06 PM
by alsch Go to last post
2 264
Problem Fax setting and Fax Account by Alvis
I am Having trouble in adding Fax account in windows vista Fax and Scan. After choosing a modem name in Fax Setup window the moment I click next I get an error message "an error occurred. Please try the operation later or contact your administrator". I have an internal fax modem, its working fine. I mean I am able to connect to the net and all. And another problem is when i click Fax Setting from...
November 3rd 07 09:39 AM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 358
ink level by AM
my printer (epson stylus DX3800) is in need of changing one of the ink cartriges but i dont know which one as i dont have hte levels of the ink. how can i do to see the ink level ? coz on windows xp i had the ink level and on windows vista i dont
August 10th 07 08:48 PM
by Tony Go to last post
2 195
adding an address book in windows fax and scan by Amanda
How do I get my fax numbers into windows fax and scan? I don't have a personal address book set up yet I guess. How do I set one up? I have windows vista ultimate. I can send a fax by typing in the number each time, but I want an address book. -- Amanda B
June 5th 07 02:39 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
3 209
new problem receiving faxes get error message by Amanda
I am having a problem recently with the fax program in Windows Vista Ultimate. I have been using the program for some time without problem, this has just cropped up. I have the program set to manually receive faxes, and when I answer the phone and hear a fax tone I click on receive fax now, and when I hear the program make it's squeal I can hang up and the program will receive the fax....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 27th 09 05:25 PM
by Amanda Go to last post

From The