Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Default Printer reverts to XPS by retired fire
Using RC1, the default printer reverts back to XPS Document Writer on each boot of the system. I change the default printer, but each time the system is booted, it has reverted back to XPS Document Writer.... Question is.... has this been resolved in RC2 and RTM??? Question is... is there a work around for this issue for RC1??? It would be nice to have default printer working until...
May 8th 08 06:05 AM
by awe[_2_] Go to last post
6 973
Add Printer Not Working - Vista Home Premium by Rick_Hugh
I have an Epson Stylus c84 Inkjet that, according to the Epson support page, should already have drivers in Vista (I should just be able to plug in the printer, Vista will see it and load the appropriate driver, etc). However, Vista cannot find the correct driver and asks for the original driver CD, to which I try anyway and it still does not work. I contacted Epson who suggested I try and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 17th 10 07:22 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
17 967
Second Printer success! by MICHAEL
Finally! I'm so happy. I have two printers in my house. One is rather new, it is downstairs I had no problem connecting to it via my network. My home network is wireless, although, I have two computers wired to the router and two computers connected by wireless. I have my old HP OfficeJet K-80, upstairs. I've had it since 2001 but it still works great, one of those "all-in-one" deals. I...
August 31st 06 10:24 PM
by Jimmy Brush Go to last post
2 965
MS Publisher Print Layout Issue by Ray
Hi there, I am running Vista Home Premium, Publisher 2007, Epson Stylus Photo R800 printer. i want to print 10 business cards on some precut business card paper. i designed my card, then when i go to set the print margins, this is where i have the issue. i set the top margin .5", side margin .75, Horz gap .0", Vert gap .0", just like the precut sheet. i should see 10 business cards, but only...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 24th 10 06:42 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
10 963
Connect Vista Fax to Server 2003 cannot create fax account by CoDer
I am running Vista Business, and am trying to setup faxing with Vista's built-in Windows Fax and Scan. I do not have a modem, and so I'm trying to connect to the fax on a Windows Server 2003 R2 server. This is a "standard" Server 2003, that is, it is *not* SBS (Small Business Server). The server is a domain controller, but the Vista PC is not on the domain. However, both computers are on the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 08 08:28 PM
by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] Go to last post
17 961
Importing Fax Files from XP Backups by Mills Architect
I have used the fax function in Windows XP for years. I routinely backup the sent and received files. I would like to import these backed up files into Vista Fax but cannot figure out where they should be copied. It appears it should be c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\WindowsNT\MSFax\Inbox or SentItems. I have copied my old file to these folders, but they are not visible in Vista Fax. What am I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 26th 06 08:25 AM
by MalcMacQ Go to last post
12 943
13 x 19 paper by Tom from WI[_2_]
I have a new printer that prints 13x19 inch photos. I would like to buy some plain non-photo paper to practice with before I use the actual photo paper. I can't find any plain paper in that size at my computer or office stores. Anyone know where I can get it? Thanks. Tom
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 14th 09 09:18 PM
by SysOpNC Go to last post
11 942
Where is the fax printer? by Nigel Molesworth
I don't seem to be able to find the fax printer, on XP it installed automatically when it found the fax modem. Where is it? -- Nigel M
July 29th 07 02:17 PM
by Matthieu Go to last post
9 940
SNMP not allowed by NewIT
Logical printers on Server 2003 showed off line immediately after hardening the network. XP PCs work just fine. Disabling the SNMP on the port configuration of the driver is not an option because the driver is setup to print to a queue and certain application need the SNMP to monitor the print jobs. What is the security setting that won't allow the SNMP communication between the driver on the...
November 29th 09 04:24 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
2 940
HP Printer / Scanner driver availability question by Barry Watzman
Does anyone know if the following devices will be under Vista: 1. HP Photosmart 7350 inkjet printer 2. HP 5470C / 5490C scanner The 5490C is simply the 5470C with an automatic document feeder replacing the scanner lid. Note, I need full scanner support (e.g. currently HP Precision Scan Pro, or more or less equivalent replacement software), not just minimal TWAIN drivers. The 5470C was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 8th 06 07:34 PM
by Stuart [MVP] Go to last post
10 933
HP 9800 by Gary LeMay
When I try to use the 2-sided printing option, the second side comes out upside-down. Is there a patch available to correct this? I haven't been able to get anything from HP.
March 29th 10 06:00 PM
by Bob Headrick [MVP] Go to last post
5 932
HP Scanning Issues by Pam
I have an Officejet 7210 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. I downloaded the HP software from the website and installed on the computer to manager the components. The printer and copier work fine, directly from the computer's HP Solution Center - however, I cannot scan and keep getting the error HP Cue Scanning Flow no responding. I spent 3 hours online with HP this morning and I'm...
November 23rd 07 12:42 PM
by Ford Ladd Go to last post
7 928
Printing Problems - HP F2180 All-in-one by Extrapolation
I have just upgraded my Dell XPS M1710 from XP to Vista Home Premium and during the process encountered several problems with compatablily, which ive managed to sort out. However i'm stumped with this one... My printer software installs, but even during the instilation process, there seems to be a connection error between the printer and my computer. It worked fine before i upgraded and i...
April 14th 10 01:55 PM
by dipsomania Go to last post
2 922
Print Server issues in MS Vista by qtasi
I am unable to connect to a Linksys 3 port print server using MS Vista RC1. I have Windows XP home, Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000 Pro on other machines that have no problem. I installed the print server driver and the administration program on the machine with MS Vista. Linksys Print Server shows up as a port but I am not allowed to configure the port. If I try to add a new Print Server...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 22nd 06 05:45 PM
by qtasi Go to last post
10 921
Printer driver list empty by [email protected]
Hi, No, this is not a standard "there is no driver for my printer" issue. We have a network printer. HP have no driver for it, stating that the driver is built into Vista. On three of our machines, we have installed this built in driver using an IP port and it worked fine.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 21st 07 01:53 AM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
35 894
HP and Cannon by Bob Bell
Vista recognized and installed a driver for my HP DeskJet 3930 without a prob. I got my cannon canoscan N670U to work by downloading the driver and the scanner toolbox from cannon then installing each by having them run in WIN XP compatibility mode just before I clicked on the open button in the browse window. the scanner works well with Photoshop 7 which is what I use to scan stuff for...
September 11th 06 10:32 PM
by Bob Bell Go to last post
0 892
new konica-minolta printer magicolor 4650, with lots of printerdrivers (win 7) by c++ newbie!
Hello, I bought a new konica-minolta printer: Magicolor 4650 DN. It comes with lots of printer drivers. I use Windows 7 64 bit. I think the printer installed itself when I plugged it into the network router (linksys). Windows 7 found the printer and I added the printer and it seem to work, including settings / properties for duplex / grayscale / color / page layout / number of pages per sheet...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 30th 09 02:09 PM
by NewIT Go to last post
16 888
Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed by Jason
I keep getting the error "Printing Scout Stopped Working and was Closed" and I can't figure out why. I am printing to an Xerox Phaser 6100 with a static IP address via my local area network. All of our computer running Vista Ultimate are having this problem. The actual document will print with no problems, but I have to close that dialogue box every time. Does anyone have any ideas on...
February 2nd 07 06:35 PM
by Jason Go to last post
4 885
Can print documents, but not photos? Help please. by dcoaster
I have Vista Home Premium and a HP 2610 all-in-one printer. Just recently, I noticed it will not print photos from any program (Windows Explorer, Photo Gallery, Paint Shop Pro, etc), yet it will print documents from Word or Firefox. For example, if I'm in Explorer and double click a picture file and click print, I select the printer and click "print" yet the printer doesn't do anything. I do...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 26th 08 11:29 PM
by huwyngr Go to last post
24 884
Print wizard differences by Charles Shapiro
Hello. I am trying to get a Vista Laptop to print to a XP desktop. It appears instead of setting it up as a network printer, I install as local printer and use UNC naming(\\computername\printername) to connect to the printer. The problem I have it that Vista isn't consistent in it's add a printer wizard or there is something wrong with this laptop. On my Vista Ultimate when I go to add a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 26th 08 12:03 AM
by Charles Shapiro Go to last post

From The