Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Netgear Print Server on Vista by RyanB
I have a Netgear Print Server, WGPS606. On XP I use the CD to connect to the Print Server. It automatically adds a printer port. However when I try to use it in Vista it trys try to add a printer port and then comes up asking for the TCP/IP and the Port Name. So the Print Servers IP is 192.168.0.10. So I put that in. Then for port name i put LPT1, and then it searches, but finds nothing....
November 21st 06 04:40 AM
by kevin forsythe Go to last post
2 617
WIA Scanner Driver worked fine till Vista Beta2 but Fails for RC1 by Cotton4Lunch
My prototype scanner driver worked fine for Vista Beta1 & Beta2 Builds (upto 5267) . however, it fails for Vista RC2 (5744 Build). Installation is fine. But on invoking the scanner wizard i get the following error repeatedly - WIATEST Error CreateDevice failed trying to create a WIA device.The process cannot access the file because other program has locked a portion of the file. Can you plz...
November 15th 06 11:08 AM
by Cotton4Lunch Go to last post
0 572
HP 4400C ActiveX error by wjl2
I've (apparently) installed the XP version of the HP Scanjet 4400C software on my RC1 system here. When I start the HP Precisionscan Pro software I get the error "ActiveX component can't create object: 'Chassis.ChassisHelpObject'." It's being sourced out of GTF.CHM, some compiled HTML which seems to be core to the scanner software working. If I ignore that, then when I tell it to 'Start a...
November 16th 06 12:51 AM
by wjl2 Go to last post
0 613
Can't configure tcp/ip printer port-Error loading the Tcp Mib Libr by khuggart
I installed Vista RC1 and a network printer via print server. When Vista installed it saved all of my applications/docs to a folder called windows.old. I subsequently had to reinstall all of my software applications to run under Windows Vista. Since I've reinstalled everything I realized my IP address keeps changing on my printer and takes my installed printer offline. I corrected the IP...
November 16th 06 09:51 PM
by khuggart Go to last post
2 1,038
phaser 3110 xerox. dont work by huyacker
i didnt found the drivers on xerox so i installed the old one which i had. the program says that everythink is ok, but system does not see it. what should i do? manually look for drivers? inf? coz the drivers were in exe program.
November 19th 06 11:30 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 591
How I fixed Access Denied issue when printing to shared printer on XP HOME by BigK
I've been dealing with this since RC1. But I found a suggestion he http://help.lockergnome.com/vista/ What you do is install the driver and then open it by right clicking and selecting properties. Then go to ports and add a new Local Port. In the name field enter the address of the shared printer like this \\computer\printer Hit ok and then try it out. It worked for me.
November 22nd 06 03:13 PM
by BigK Go to last post
2 684
Apple Drivers - Missing from Vista !? by Daniel
I'm trying to add a printer (that is normally listed as standard with XP, but isn't with Vista): Apple LaserWriter IIf I have tried searching online, and nothing comes back at all (as it is normally a Windows provided driver). Any ideas ?
November 25th 06 11:35 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
6 647
Scanner is installed but Scanner Center says no scanner installed by SheridanChico
I have installed a USB scanner successfully. It works well. When I open Control Panel Scanners and Cameras, the scanner displays as it should. When I open Accessories Scanner and Camera Wizard, I receive a Scan error message saying "No Scanner is Installed. Install a Scanner and try scanning again." Any ideas?
November 22nd 06 08:34 PM
by SheridanChico Go to last post
0 536
HP Laserjet 3380 by uanmi
I have a HP 3380 connected to an XP computer and it has the HP PCL6 driver connected. When I try to connect using Vista I get told there is a compatibility problem. So to test this, I loaded the printer under Vista using the file port. I found that the driver is PCL5. Now I can see where the problem is. Does anyone know if HP have started to make Vista drivers and how to overcome this...
November 23rd 06 11:00 AM
by uanmi Go to last post
0 582
MS Fax Services on Win2K3 and compatibility with SpartaCom modem pooling software by Leon
Good morning All. I have a question about MS Fax Services on Win2K3 and compatibility with SpartaCom modem pooling software... Seems like the SpartaCom drivers are not "visible" to the Fax Services configuration... I am able to take a 3rd-Party fax client, install it on the Win2K3 server, am able to configure the SpartaCom modem port and complete a successful fax... ...is there a fix/update...
November 14th 06 07:32 PM
by Leon Go to last post
0 586
Dell 3010cn - Can't install drivers!! by Paul
I am having a weird problem tring to install the drivers for my Dell 3010cn printer. After installing the Dell CD, autorun displays the welcome screen with serveral install options (local, network,). No matter which I select, the welcome screen just disappears for a second or two, then re-displays again - having done nothing at all. Has anyone else has problems installing Dell drivers? --
November 23rd 06 02:36 PM
by Paul Go to last post
7 823
Get an error to install scanner drivers for a Canon MP500 by Jerry P
Hi all Here is a funny one. all the past version of Vista I had no problems at all on a HP M7470N and a Dell 8400. I installed the program for the MP500 printer/scanner. The printer works just fine, when I try to scan anything, I get a error to install the scanner drivers?!?!? Checking in system\hardware all drivers are installed and working
November 19th 06 05:24 PM
by Jerry P Go to last post
5 669
HP LaserJet 1020 by DCR
Has anyone found a way to get a HP LaserJet 1020 to work with Vista X86 and Vista X64?
November 13th 06 10:43 PM
by Bob Go to last post
2 579
Additional printer drivers by Ian
I am running RC1 (64 bit) as a clean install. It correctly identified my Epson Acculaser C900 on install which prints fine. I also have a Win2k machine, 2 XP Pro machines and a 2003 server. I am trying to share the printer, but need to install additional drivers. Under Sharing/Additional drivers, if I tick the (x86) box, for 2000/XP drivers, and click OK, it asks me to supply a driver(.inf...
November 5th 06 11:48 PM
by Jude Go to last post
2 749
Older Print Server by RoyBro
I have an older print server from StarTech. It is a 10/100 wired with three parallel port connections labeled LPT1 - LPT3. With Windows XP, I can either use their funky utilitiy software that adds the ports for me, or I can simply manually add the TCP/IP port myself (I prefer the later, it's just cleaner). I have no problem adding the port on Vista RC2, and I can even print to the printer on...
November 5th 06 06:20 PM
by Alan Morris [MSFT] Go to last post
3 606
Printer Access Denied by BigK
Is there any movement on this issue. I uninstalled and waited a few weeks hoping that there'd be a solution to this issue. I have a Vista RC2 Build 5744 on a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop. I am trying to access my Samsung and Epson printers on my XP Home machine. I've tried all the suggestions previously posted in here. But I was hoping there was some new updated method. Has anyone gotten...
November 21st 06 05:00 PM
by BigK Go to last post
7 707
Dell 5100CN printers both PCL and PS by Chrismoo
There have been issues with these drivers up until I think it was RC1, all Office applications crash out as soon as they start to load if you have this printer selected as your default. If you use another printer and try to change to the Dell then the Office apps crash out. This was with Office 2007 and now the technical refresh. The drivers then started working without any issues. The...
November 7th 06 08:53 PM
by Chrismoo Go to last post
0 555
need a good cd/dvd printing software by nic
hi all i am looking for a cd/dvd printing software . i use to use roxio but i version dose not work with vista thanks in advance nic
November 7th 06 11:17 PM
by nic Go to last post
0 570
Dell Photo Printer 922 - PLEASE HELP by Anthony
I am unable to get my Dell Photo Printer 922 to print no matter what I try with RC2! Please help!
November 11th 06 03:05 PM
by Anthony Go to last post
2 642
Printer is shown as offline? by uanmi
I setup a printer the other day and could print to it. It is a network printer and I connected using a TCP/IP port. I normally turn the printer off when it is not being used. Today I turned the printer on and waited. On my computer it shows the printer as offline. I select the printer and choose refresh. It still says offline. I would appreciate ideas. I do not want to have to reboot my pc.
November 25th 06 01:51 AM
by uanmi Go to last post

From The