Threads in Forum : Printing, Faxing and Scanning with Vista Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Windows Fax and Scan fatal Error by Black Baptist
If I try to fax using Windows fax and scan in Vista I get a fatal error when it tries to send the fax but RKS fax sends fine with no errors, my modem is a motorola SM56 with latest driver. I tried uninstalling WFS and reinstalling with no success. Thanks.
May 26th 08 12:32 PM
by Charlie_Love[_2_] Go to last post
6 393
how to turn wireless on by lukeneal26
how do i turn wireless on vista -- lukeneal26
May 26th 08 02:21 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
2 439
Vista / IE7 Unable to print by Christopher[_4_]
I am running vista Business and am unable to print from any web page using IE7. The problem does not exist in Firefox or with any other application - Office 2007, Acrobat, etc. I am told that turning off 'protected mode' would solve the problem. Is there any fix that is a little less dangerous and time consuming? I have uninstalled and reinstalled printer with fresh drivers.
May 25th 08 07:20 PM
by jmk94903[_3_] Go to last post
7 8
HP 2610 Install Problem by jm_obrien
I'm not sure if my HP 2610 is supported with Vista but I'm currently running this printer through my network and at this point I have the software installed on my XP Media Center Laptop. I'm trying to install the software on my new Vista Home Premium desktop but I'm getting a message saying that "This software cannot be installed using the "Run as..." command"............and then asks me to "log...
May 25th 08 01:29 AM
by Larry[_7_] Go to last post
2 391
Help - Configuring print router by djinnc
I am trying to use existing Belkin print server with new laptop (Vista). I am not able to manually configure the printer port. I have changed administrator permissions, but when I click on "configure", it says there's nothing to configure. I set up as USB local printer port, and have also tried creating a new port, and still can't get it to work. Any ideas on how to get the port...
May 24th 08 04:32 PM
by djinnc Go to last post
0 323
unable to print different sized photos by mt0124
I am trying to print a 5x7 photo on Windows Photo Gallery, and it used to be very simple. Suddenly, my print options screen only shows a full page option instead of the templates it used to offer. Any ideas on how to get them back???
May 24th 08 02:18 PM
by mt0124 Go to last post
0 351
Print Spooler service is not running by D-man
Hi, Folks - Unable to print anything. PRinter Spooler service does not respond. I've restarted the print spooler service in administrative tools several times, bit it will not allow me to print anything or to view propertiies, add a printer, nothing. "Server Properties cannot be viewed. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the...
May 23rd 08 05:33 AM
by Razorback Go to last post
5 374
faxing by otba
how i can send a fax
May 22nd 08 11:44 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
3 496
Print too small to read.. by Evitta
My printer is a Lexmark - (x-8350) All in One ---- Driver compatible with Vista is installed. The print is so small I need a magnifying glass to read it. I have attempted what adjustments I could make and nothing happens. I have contacted Lexmark and the help they provided me was minimal. I have never had this problem before and all of it sudden it pops up. I have new cartridges installed,...
May 22nd 08 11:32 PM
by Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I] Go to last post
4 420
Printing by gww
I have a MFC-6800 Brother Laser Printer. Worked great till I got a new computor with vista home premium. The drivers that come with vista make some functions not work properly. Why can't microsoft supply the correct dribers for this machine. It is only 5 years old?
May 22nd 08 09:33 PM
by Patrick C Go to last post
2 428
Vista SP1 Print Driver Errors by Ken M.
Vista KB article below seemed like the cure to my print driver install errors. What this article ACTUALLY did was take me on a journey that ended up at Vista Service Pack 1. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940199/en-us Vista KB article references driver install errors and a HOTFIX. HOTFIX only available via Microsoft Customer Service. Customer Service no longer has HOTFIX.
May 22nd 08 09:21 PM
by Ken M. Go to last post
4 457
Vista wireless printing keeps restarting after mistakes by Roofels
Hi, I have a wireless printer setup via a Netgear wireless USB port. Works great and it is easy to connect to from any new computer. Currently we have 4 computers (non-Vista) that successfully print to this printer. My Vista laptop also connects easy to the printer, but ALWAYS makes mistakes during printing: 1/2 page prints, off center printing, etc... Eventually it prints it correctly. ...
May 22nd 08 08:55 PM
by Patrick C Go to last post
1 374
Maybe SP1 issue with Canoscan scanner? by rvgraham
I've noticed just recently (probably since installing SP1) that my Canon Lide 60 has stopped working right. To be specific, the only way I can reach the scanner interface for advanced scanning is to launch it from the canon toolbox utility. Then, once the image is delivered to photoshop, I have to start the re-launch the scanner interface again; I can't get it to stay open for more pages to be...
May 22nd 08 10:42 AM
by Simon Go to last post
2 496
fax loses 9 as a prefix by xmlmagician
Hi all I am having a problem with windows ultimate and the windows fax utility. The windows fax software is is not using my location IE dial 9 for outside line, I can get it to work manually but it will not default to the dial 9 option. Any ideas? Thank you in advance for your help --
May 22nd 08 06:29 AM
by Arnold Moulding Go to last post
5 443
Vista 32 bit Print spooler problem? by Stu_torrent
Hey everyone, one of the VP's in my buisness is running into a very frustrating problem with a print spooler issue. He is using a HP, build up with Vista 32 bit, but when he starts the computer, he has to make sure the print spooler is not running. when he wants to print to a network printer and starts the print spool service, the entire machine hangs and he cannot open apps, or cancel the...
May 21st 08 11:28 PM
by Stu_torrent Go to last post
0 364
Connecting to a network printer by Hicksy
Hello, Im trying to connect a network printer to a windows vista laptop without success. I try to connect it but it says " error 0x0000007a" Does anyone know what's happening please?
May 21st 08 08:08 PM
by davidroo Go to last post
3 317
Unable to Remove Printers in Control Panel by mishutka
I'm at my wits' end and don't know what to do next -- HELP! I have Vista Home Premium on a 36-bit computer. I unstalled a local USB Dell printer and it was working fine. Then it started printing tiny letters, then stopped printing at all and printer icons disappeared from the Control Panel. I used Windows Update and installed Service Pack 1. The printer icons are back, but there are now...
May 21st 08 06:45 PM
by mishutka[_5_] Go to last post
8 625
Problem with printer port by Nicola Righetti
HI i've developed a simple printer driver that doesn't communicate with a physical printer but instead creates a PDF or TIF file for every page. Now i've written an application to automate printer installation The app does this: - copy driver files - install new driver - creates a new local port - creates a new printer
May 21st 08 04:48 PM
by Nicola Righetti Go to last post
0 380
can't print from ie by John A Grandy[_2_]
Vista Ultimate. IE7. Occasionally, IE gets into this mode where it won't print anything. The printer is fine ( other apps print , including driver test page ). Restart doesn't necessarily help. What could be going on ?
May 21st 08 11:58 AM
by Christopher[_4_] Go to last post
1 399
Lack of FAX Support for Vista Home Premium by jacuze
I find it dishearting that Microsoft failed to provide home users with the ability to send/receive a fax. A fax capability has been a standard feature in just about every Microsoft OS I can remember. As a home users, I don't need a fax on a daily basis. I might use it once a month or once every couple of months, but when I need it, I expect it to be there. Microsoft, you failed as far as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 21st 08 12:45 AM
by Jerry Henderson Go to last post
80 3,169